Motorhome Goverment Petition

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by SUGGY, Aug 31, 2012.

1. SUGGY

SUGGY Funster Life Member

Hi, just read about this on the Wildcamping web site , i have signed it and thought there may be members out there that would be interested in looking at it , as others have said it could have been beefed up a bit but the idea is there .

Motorhome Freedom

Responsible department: Department for Transport

We would like to petition the government to provide overnight and resting place facilities specifically for motorhomes the like of which are to be found in such countries as Germany,France,Italy,Spain etc.Or to place the onus to provide on the local authority

https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/27376/signature/new

• Like Like x 5
  2. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

3. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

As posted on This Recent Thread (#38 & #39) there just isn't sufficient demand for Aires in the UK.

4. steveclecy

steveclecy Read Only Funster

For what it is worth, I've signed. Agree with Brian, futile in the extreme!

Trying not to be negative, and failing

Steve.

• Like Like x 1
  5. johnp10

johnp10 Funster

It will never happen.
    Councils too scared of the Itinerants moving in.

• Like Like x 1
  6. spannermanwigan

spannermanwigan Read Only Funster

Signed in hope!!!!!

regards
    Steve:thumb:

7. spannermanwigan

Perhaps if the goverment took a bit of notice, it might reverse the flow of
    motorhomes crossing the channel, and put some much needed
    funds into our own tourist economy!:Smile:

regards
    Steve

• Like Like x 6
  8. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Not at all John. When we were talking to Redcar & Cleveland Council about facilities at Guisborough that question was raised. It was quickly pointed out that the car park in question had been there for decades and there had been no problems.

All these petitions gain the support of well under 1000 people, less than 1% of those needed for a petition to even move on to the discussion stage. Even fewer (indeed, far fewer) people are actually willing to speak to their local council about provision of facilities.

9. gordoncbrown

gordoncbrown Funster

Funnily enough I am looking at puting this topic forward to our councillors at our next Community Council meeting and ask them to take it to full council. I have pictures of other palces , car parks in the UK, that have made provision and it seems to work. Any info from anyone to supprt this would be welcome.

• Like Like x 1
  10. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

The UK Motorhomes web site has details of councils which have set up overnight stopovers.

• Like Like x 1
  11. motorhomer

motorhomer Read Only Funster

I signed this but its a waste of time unless we can get 100000+ signatures.

I have met people from other countries who do not come to britain because they know that parking, as well as wildcamping, is so dificult here for motorhomes. So it costs us in tourism, But our roads are so busy maybe we don't want more???

In the meantime I will continue my trips to Europe at every opportunity where life for motorhomes is so much easier.

• Like Like x 1
  12. rangitira

rangitira Funster

Get used to it! IT AIN'T GOING TO HAPPEN! Sign your fifth morgage up for it' IT AINT GOING TO HAPPEN!

WHY?

Cause there are to many Councils remembering Dale Farm! There is always a few Tossers! that spoil it for the rest! It is always the rest that suffer! Political Correctness has emasculated this country! Diversity! and "Multiculturism"has reared it's ugly head.
    Councils are running scared, declare an area open, a load of Gypos move in, Bingo! Dale Farm, all over again

Sign up by all means! There's more chance of Calamity Clegg marrying the Princess Royal than this happening

13. vwalan

vwalan Funster

as it is the germans and dutch favour the west country ., there was a item on oiur local news the other day saying how they are coming here in greater amounts than ev er. i can say i noticed this staret about 8 years ago.
    but sign the thing . my mate set it up while he was actually parked on my drive . his wife is german . they wilded all over the west country . .there is no problem in the uk .loads of places to park but it would be nice just to make them official.
    certainly our village gets loads of foreign visitors . they come to see the roche rock. bet you have never heard of it ., they have ,.
    i was at a council meeting to do with the parking at marazion .the local council dont seem to object to the parking so long as the rubbish and waste is disposed of properly . lets not knock all councils .

Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  14. buttons

buttons Funster

It is a common belief that, Motorhomers who don't stay on official sites, tend not to put much into the local economy. They are self sufficient. They bring everything with them, and sometimes leave something behind.
    Now staying on an official site keeps everyone happy, including the huge majority of non motorhomers in this country. Sad but true.:thumb:
    Last time this was discussed it was suggested that we have a much better system than Aires in CLs.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  15. MHVirgins

MHVirgins

We've just signed up as well, but with only 523 signatures on it at the mo, there's a very long way to go:Sad:
    Can't see it happening in our lifetime sadly, we had enough problems trying to get parked in Aldi last week:Laughing:

16. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

You're supposed to use the car park not the shop :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1
  17. MHVirgins

MHVirgins

He he!:Rofl1::Rofl1:
    The annoying thing was, there were two people sitting watching in their cars whilst we tried to find a place to park. Ten minutes later they moved off and we got a spot in the corner, we must have arrived at the wrong time:Doh:
    Sainsburys car park is even worse:RollEyes:
    Margaret:BigGrin:

18. spannermanwigan

Even if we bring it with us we bought it in the Uk! Fuel, food, any holiday money not spent in a French, Spanish or other economy goes towards supporting our own in my opinion.

As for leaving things behind, dont think that applies to true respectful motorhome owners,of which I consider myself and most others on this forum to be.
    Far more rubbish left behind by your average holiday maker, and they are staying in hotels, guest houses and static caravans. Dont see the councils chasing these people away though.

regards
    Steve:Smile:

• Like Like x 2
  19. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Undoubtedly true, as is the fact that day trippers who take a picnic rather than use cafes/restaurants do not attract criticism for doing so. Unfortunately the problem, as with other things, is often a matter of perception. General litterbugs and day trippers tend to be individually unseen whilst a big white box is more obvious, especially if surrounded by camping paraphernalia or in one place for some time.

• Like Like x 2
  20. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

sign it

I have signed it.. but it is not going anywhere..

Bob