Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2012
I can't understand how the words fun and run can be used in the same context:Doh: When I played rugby running was just means to get to the next scrum/lineout. As time when on this became a fast walk with hands on hips:Smile:
But everyone to their own

Oct 24, 2011
shropshire
Funster No
MH
a class I think
Exp
10 months
Motorhome Fun Running Club.

Hi,
Although not a dedicated 100% every day runner we will be running The Great South Run in October. We have done it before and its a great time before the start. Jelly Babies. And its FLAT.
Mike:ROFLMAO:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Checked my shift card and im on days the last weekend of April so looks like your on your own Paul good luck with it anyway.

There is the Glasgow 10k and 1/2 Marathon on the 2nd of Septemper Lorraine and Sophie are going to do the 10k in Memory of Lorraines mum so if any of you fancy coming up to Scotland for a run let me know more than welcome to break the journey at mine in Dumfries for a night or 2.

Gerry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I can't understand how the words fun and run can be used in the same context:Doh: When I played rugby running was just means to get to the next scrum/lineout. As time when on this became a fast walk with hands on hips:Smile:
But everyone to their own
:imoutahere::wooo::wooo::wooo::imoutahere:

Hi,
Although not a dedicated 100% every day runner we will be running The Great South Run in October. We have done it before and its a great time before the start. Jelly Babies. And its FLAT.
Mike:ROFLMAO:

Good luck with that one, sounds a lot of fun but :::
£40 entry fee includes t-shirt, medal, finisher’s pack and accurate chip timing
Jees, they don't mess around do they.
Ive just entered a couple of Fell race's at £2-00 a head, no Tshirt or medals, but a lovely cream cake at the end with home made soup yum yum...:roflmto:

Checked my shift card and im on days the last weekend of April so looks like your on your own Paul good luck with it anyway.

There is the Glasgow 10k and 1/2 Marathon on the 2nd of Septemper Lorraine and Sophie are going to do the 10k in Memory of Lorraines mum so if any of you fancy coming up to Scotland for a run let me know more than welcome to break the journey at mine in Dumfries for a night or 2.

Gerry

Ah, shame your away Gerry. Sadly I think I think that Glasgow is a week before I run the mad mad Medoc Marathon.
26.2 miles of Running round the French Wine region with Wine Stops instead of Water stops. :wooo::wooo:
Think I had better start practice this weekend at Eden camp.:roflmto:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Ah, shame your away Gerry. Sadly I think I think that Glasgow is a week before I run the mad mad Medoc Marathon.
26.2 miles of Running round the French Wine region with Wine Stops instead of Water stops. :wooo::wooo:
Think I had better start practice this weekend at Eden camp.:roflmto:[/QUOTE]

Well you could practice the wine bit this weekend im sure you will manage a marathon at that :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Have a good weekend

Jan 19, 2010
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Well, we did the 2 sport relief events as planned. The first was a little short but quite enjoyable through Oakwood theme park. Ok it was 6 laps but with loud music and other runners/walkers it was very enjoyable.

On to Pembroke Castle where, to complete the 6 miles (which was actually 5) we had to run 36, yes 36, laps of the inside of the castle!

Got a bit of a tan though ;-)

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Well, we did the 2 sport relief events as planned. The first was a little short but quite enjoyable through Oakwood theme park. Ok it was 6 laps but with loud music and other runners/walkers it was very enjoyable.

On to Pembroke Castle where, to complete the 6 miles (which was actually 5) we had to run 36, yes 36, laps of the inside of the castle!

Got a bit of a tan though ;-)

Well done to you and the family Jill dont think id fancy doing 36laps.

I did a nice slow 14.5 tonight and felt fine while running but legs a bit stiff now must be the aftermath of my 13mile sprint last Sunday :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. It was a roasting day in Dumfries today and when i came home i had an Ice bath been told there good for you well i don't know as i was freezing sitting in it for 10mins my balls where numb sorry i meant balls of my feet where numb:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.
Well few shorter runs for the next 10 days and most of them will be done in France.

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I done 17 on Friday in the searing sun along a canal path.got home and threw up everywhere must of been the gels I had. Went out and just one 3 miles today. Gota couple of races coming up

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Yes bit harder in the heat Paul now i know why most runs are first thing in the morning.

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Been out on a nice long steady run today. Managed 17 miles before work, set off nice and early and the sun wasted no time in coming up and keeping me warm. :Cool:

Got to work and my first referral is right over the other side of the hospital, at least a mile round trip so Im having that as well. Not yet been sick, but feeling a little on the dodgey side.

Still, be a nice curry for tea and a couple of Vodka's when I get home at 9-30 tonight. Followed by a nice 12 days off, two races, the Chester spring 5 on Wednesday and the Crewe 10k next Sunday. :thumb:

Jan 19, 2010
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Happy days!

Did my first road 10k in ages today around Fishguard. 1st half very hilly, 2nd half pretty flat & downhill. Set a target of getting under the hour (My PB way back in 2004 is 46.46 (but I was a youthful 40 and two stone lighter :cry:)

Crossed the line in...........................................................................55.55::bigsmile:

In a field of 49 there were 21 runners from our club aged between 15 and 67. 7 in the top 10 and 6 in the last 10. with times ranging from 36.31 to 1.09.15. :thumb: :thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
well done Jill good run i have been on holiday for 2 weeks in France and really had to force myself to run but did about 6 short runs ranging from 5 to 10miles. Got home yesterday after 8 hour drive from dover and really couldn't be bothered but did a 9.1/2 mile in 1.18 felt really good the then hit a big hill from 7 to 8.1/2 70m gain. Now off to cut the grass with rest day tomorrow nice game of golf then try a 16 or 17 run on Tues before starting work on Weds.

Only 6 week today until my Marathon and still loads of prizes up for grabs on my other thread.

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Well done guys great work,
been out today and knocked off 13 miles as I prepare for my next race.
Managed a shocking 10k last weekend in a race that was near the Chester meet, boy, don't do a MHF meet and try a run the same weekend :Eeek:
Managed 17 miles on Wednesday, gotta a 20 mile race coming up at the end of April, however the Big one is the highenboots, White peak Marathon in may the 26th, Accross the peak district, 26 miles and a 2000ft climb in amongst it....

Sadly though alot of my time is spent with the running club worrying about our good friend :Sad:
However, I know he would say keep running and test your limits.

Broken Link Removed

Jan 19, 2010
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Well done guys great work,
been out today and knocked off 13 miles as I prepare for my next race.
Managed a shocking 10k last weekend in a race that was near the Chester meet, boy, don't do a MHF meet and try a run the same weekend :Eeek:
Managed 17 miles on Wednesday, gotta a 20 mile race coming up at the end of April, however the Big one is the highenboots, White peak Marathon in may the 26th, Accross the peak district, 26 miles and a 2000ft climb in amongst it....

Sadly though alot of my time is spent with the running club worrying about our good friend :Sad:
However, I know he would say keep running and test your limits.

Broken Link Removed

I think I know how you feel. Our club is an extension of my family. When my dad died and a year later my mum had the first of her severe strokes they were there for me. I'd like to think I would be of help if every they needed me.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I have often thought of joining a club to help motivate me when running but doing shifts makes it awkward as cant be there every week. Might look into it though after my marathon as long runs can get boring with no chit chat :ROFLMAO:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Just a wee update did 16miles today and felt ok apart from bleeding nipple think im going to have to invest in sports bra:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Did it in 2.23.27 and through two hail storms and strong winds just a normal April's day in Scotland.

Now going out to do the garden before im back to work tomorrow

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I have often thought of joining a club to help motivate me when running but doing shifts makes it awkward as cant be there every week. Might look into it though after my marathon as long runs can get boring with no chit chat :ROFLMAO:

Be the best thing you have everdone Gerry if the club is right. I am doing my first Ultra Marathon later in the year, it's only because of the support and help from others that I am contemplating the round Rotherham 50 or the 33 mile sandstone run, On my big event in a few weeks, I will be running through the Peak district having to navigate through 26 miles, My club, worried about this (obviously with reason at present) are sending an experienced runner to run with me at my pace. How cool is that :Cool:
And when I was at the Chester meet, a runner travelled 30 miles out of his way to pick me up for a 10k race.
You can not beat a good club to keep you motivated.

Just a wee update did 16miles today and felt ok apart from bleeding nipple think im going to have to invest in sports bra:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Did it in 2.23.27 and through two hail storms and strong winds just a normal April's day in Scotland.

Now going out to do the garden before im back to work tomorrow
Well done Gerry, nice pace. :thumb:

Just remember, in my experience, its only the last 6 miles that hurts you :thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Paul

You must be well trained at that NHS or just Physic as i was actually looking at the web pages of the 2 local running clubs when you posted your reply. As after my run today i thought it would have been nice to have someone to share it with, its so easy to get into a slow pace and not pick it up but saying that i think it gives me mental strength if i can run with no one with me and no ipod in then im sure i will find it easier running with a great atmosphere well thats my theory.

As for the last 6 hurting i think it will only be the first 26 that hurts should be fine after that :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Just got back from an 11 miler, go physiolical testing on Tuesday, 6 miles on Wednesday and 4 on friday. Then its the 20 mile race next weekend :Smile:

feeling good for it, feel like ive trained well for it. :thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
well done Paul hope you have a great race next week shame im working as it would have been ideal training for my marathon which is 5 weeks today. Lazy day today as finished night shift this morning at 7 and up at 9 to watch L/M, hope to do a 20miler this week might have to use the car though:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Well did just over 20mile today in 3.07.03 felt ok during run wee bit of a sore knee but nothing to worry about, had another ice bath and that was worse than the run:ROFLMAO:. I am deliberately doing hilly runs as Edinburgh marathon is down hill at start then relatively flat after that so should feel easier if i train on hilly courses, well thats my theory anyway.

Gerry

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I was down for the Brighton marathon as my first one this year but managed to get a grade 3 tear on my calf 5 weeks before and am now up the stage of managing to run across the road. I was up to 12 mile runs 3 times a week so was relatively happy for a 20 a day smoker who has now gone 3 months without. I was hoping/training for a sub 4 hour but will have to start again soon as hoping for Abingdon in October as there doesnt seem to be too much in June (based in Hants/Surrey) which isnt hilly.
I have managed a half marathon debut (for a drunken bet) last year at Fleet and did Hayling 10 miler in November but I think squash needs retiring now and football has to take the back burner.
Any other southern runners ?

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I was down for the Brighton marathon as my first one this year but managed to get a grade 3 tear on my calf 5 weeks before and am now up the stage of managing to run across the road. I was up to 12 mile runs 3 times a week so was relatively happy for a 20 a day smoker who has now gone 3 months without. I was hoping/training for a sub 4 hour but will have to start again soon as hoping for Abingdon in October as there doesnt seem to be too much in June (based in Hants/Surrey) which isnt hilly.
I have managed a half marathon debut (for a drunken bet) last year at Fleet and did Hayling 10 miler in November but I think squash needs retiring now and football has to take the back burner.
Any other southern runners ?

Bummer being injured I know. IT band injury kept me out for quite a lot of last year and restricted my running.
Where on the Surrey Hants border are you? Both My wife and I are from the border, Me a Surrey boy and her 5 miles away and a Happy Hampshire Lass. ?

stopping smoking will be the best thing you ever do!!! If you think you can run now wait till youv'e stopped a year or two, you will be running forever.:thumb:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Well, today I ran the south Cheshire 20, very very hilly and very very wet oh and very very very windy, oh I nearly forgot, Very very very very cold, my hands turned Blue :Eeek:

I ran every mile bar 10 meters of hill,
Managed a time of 3hrs 17 so very happy with that, was really struggling at the end with a bit of a hip problem, but really enjoyed the event. :thumb:

Nov 30, 2008
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt autoroller 700
Exp
on and off 20 years
Running

Great effort on the running marathon canoeing is my sport normally 8 miles but over the winter a series of 4 racesover 4 weeks starting at circa 11miles and the last one being 36 all on the keenet and avon canal so a fair bit of running around the locks.

I go out running once a week with my 13 year old daughter and we do circa 3 miles to help build the fitness up she also paddles. Much more than 3 miles and I find my hip really starts to play up.

Rich

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Well run Paul very good time in tough conditions

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Well you aint long now Gezza, and seing as I have just sponsored you I expect results.:roflmto:

Good luck with it.

I am doing the Chester Half marathon on Sunday, still recovering froma sore hip and working nights. :Sad:

Only 2 more weeks untill my white peak marathon, the ordnance survey map arrived today with the route...5000ft of climb over 26 miles :Eeek::Eeek: ouch.

so keep trotting and see you soon. :thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Paul

Would have been nice if i could have made it for the Chester half as im planning on running about that distance this weekend anyway. Will have to have a look at this white peak marathon to see what it is sounds interesting, good luck with both.

Yes only 2 weeks this Sunday feeling good and looking forward to it apart from a bit of knee pain i have ordered my self some of this KT tape stuff to see if that helps.

Gerry

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
well, today was the Chester Half Marathon

We camped overnight in the City Centre in the van. Didn't get a great deal of sleep...

dissapointed with my run as I only manage 2hr 4 which is two halves over 2hrs this year, but, a very challenging course this year. Last year I done it in 1-54 so a full 10 mins longer. However, it was of course nothing more than a training run for the Leadinboots White peak marathon in 2 weeks time. I also haven't run this week as I have been nursing injury and on nights.

Good luck with Edinburgh Gerry, keep those knees rested. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back