Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Well, looks like we now have a running club. :roflmto:

Got a PM from Gerry Hughes asking if I was doing the Liverpool Half marathon in a couple weeks and I wasn't. Didn't take much persuading though and I'm now in.

Gerry is off doing a Marathon later this year so good luck with that, I on the other hand are doing my first international marathon The Medoc in France in full fancy dress and with all water stops replaced by wine. :RollEyes:

Any other runners joining me and Gerry this year.

Or is it "just the two of us":Cool:

Jan 19, 2010
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Brilliant. We run (and cycle/kayak/ski...). I'm doing Llanelli half on Sunday (quite local to me). The Medoc is definately on my bucket list! We could have a section where we post any events we're planning on doing. I'll keep an eye on here coz we're always looking for something to do. Quite fancy a mudrunner or equivalent dirty race :winky::winky::winky:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Well, looks like we now have a running club. :roflmto:

Got a PM from Gerry Hughes asking if I was doing the Liverpool Half marathon in a couple weeks and I wasn't. Didn't take much persuading though and I'm now in.

Gerry is off doing a Marathon later this year so good luck with that, I on the other hand are doing my first international marathon The Medoc in France in full fancy dress and with all water stops replaced by wine. :RollEyes:

Any other runners joining me and Gerry this year.

Or is it "just the two of us":Cool:

I'll be your "Water" boy !! I have my own corkscrew !!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Brilliant. We run (and cycle/kayak/ski...). I'm doing Llanelli half on Sunday (quite local to me). The Medoc is definately on my bucket list! We could have a section where we post any events we're planning on doing. I'll keep an eye on here coz we're always looking for something to do. Quite fancy a mudrunner or equivalent dirty race :winky::winky::winky:

Well look no further than posting here in this thread.

Im doing the cloud 9 hill race on Sunday. 9 miles cross country with about 7 of it being up hill. At least the weather is looking good.
What time you hoping for on Sunday?

Next up for me after Sunday is the Liverpool Half, In April Im doing the South Cheshire 20, 20 miles of cross country through Cheshire's villages then In May its the Chester Half Marathon now thats a good race. :thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Paul firstly i think you should change the title to plodders club i think running might be pushing it a bit :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Glad to hear you are joining me in the Liverpool half we can run together 6min miles ok for you :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Had a look at the Medoc i think i would need a Medic after it, looks good not ruling myself out but very unlikely this year and the fact i dont drink wine i would have to give it to Steve since he offered to be our water boy.

Hi Jill glad to see other runners on here i see you fancy doing a muddy one well i'm thinking of doing the tough mudder http://toughmudder.co.uk/events/scotland/ with some guys from work(only for fun though) you could join our team or just run with us and you would be more than welcome to pitch up at ours as we are only 14m away. Anyone else thinking of doing feel free to join us.

Gerry

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
£75 for mud runner Nikki just said no chance !!! Try hell up north a fraction if the cost but not the fun

Jan 19, 2010
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Well look no further than posting here in this thread.

Im doing the cloud 9 hill race on Sunday. 9 miles cross country with about 7 of it being up hill. At least the weather is looking good.
What time you hoping for on Sunday?

Next up for me after Sunday is the Liverpool Half, In April Im doing the South Cheshire 20, 20 miles of cross country through Cheshire's villages then In May its the Chester Half Marathon now thats a good race. :thumb:

Hi Hag
Firstly hoping to run all the way, I haven't done a half for a few years, and if I can get close to 2 hours I'll be a happy bunny:roflmto:

Thanks for the offer Gerry but that may be a bit far for us at the moment. Too many work and family commitments:Sad:

I've enjoyed your reports on Val T, Haganap. We went to Gerardmer at the same time and really loved it. But your group sounded like you had a ball.

Wish me luck for Sunday, I'll let you know how I get on:thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
£75 for mud runner Nikki just said no chance !!! Try hell up north a fraction if the cost but not the fun

Hi Paul just check my shift card and so happens im off then so might be up for it will let you know nearer the time.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I run more these days than before........

.......this morning I took part in the "Bathroom Sprint", I did Okay, I think that if you make it in time then that counts as 'okay'.....:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Hi Paul just check my shift card and so happens im off then so might be up for it will let you know nearer the time.

There is actually a campsite in the Forest for this one Gerry. If you are a member of CCC its the Delamere forest site.
Its a nice site and good for mountain biking as well. :thumb:

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Unfortunately I was born upside down me nose runs an me feet smell, so don`t do energetic:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jan 19, 2010
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Well, I'm quite pleased with that. Very blustery with squally showers but I managed 2:01:12 for Llanelli half Marathon. A very happy bunny indeed (no walking either):thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Well done very reasonable i would be more than happy with myself. Was it just the one of you or both doing the race as im assuming its Jill thats posting.

Just going out for a 10mile run in a wee while so that should pass about 1/2 an hour:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jan 19, 2010
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Sorry, yes only me ran it. Hubby & son no 2 decided to do a local bike sportif instead of coming up to cheer me on:RollEyes: and son no 1 is recovering from a knee operation (bliddy rugby:Angry:)

About to watch France v ireland then I'll attend to my blisters:wub:

Jill

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Well Im back from a very wet and Muddy cloud 9 hill race. 9 miles, mainly up extremely steep hills that needed to be walked, through mud, water and more mud, Snow on top of the hill. And I managed to knock 9 mins of last years time :thumb: coming in at 1-30, thats a good time for that type of race.

My secret? Well, last night I was called in to work last moment to work the night shift. I have now had no sleep for about 36 hours so im off to bed. :roflmto:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Well done Paul good time sounds really tough.

Well i just went out and did 13.31km according to my Garmin in old money thats 8.27miles a very hard first half into wind and hilly but managed a quick second half well for me anyway did it in a time of 1hr 11m. Left the house just in shorts and T shirt thinking it was summer :ROFLMAO: it was freezing and had a sleet shower 6m from home should know not to trust Scottish weather by now. Really sore instep again think the trainers need changed.

Now for the stupid bit have been reading about Ice baths so stuck loads of tupper ware tubs of water in the freezer and when i came in had a ice/cold water bath, well dont know if it has done me any good but first time Lorraine has laughed in the last few weeks so well worth it:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Jill your lot sound very fir and active i took my daughter who is 14 out running one night and after getting home she said what was the point in that just running to get back here:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Best bit is she could be good if she tried as was hardly out of breath after 5m and she hadn't run before.

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
At that speed Gerry I would suggest the Liverpool half is going to be a close run thing. I am hoping for about 150-155 with 154 being my PB for a half.

Not that we are racing of course, just working out who's getting the cakes in afterwards!!!

it's not just Sophie you know. George is a really good runner and does well at it in School but he won't come running with me.

Reason

Too Embarrased. :Sad:

He has a treadmill that he goes to town on though. :thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Paul make mine a big cream cake :ROFLMAO: Not that we are racing but i will be hoping for around that time myself. I have heard its a slow start due to narrow road and mass runners also slightly hilly for first few miles but last 4 mile flat so sprint finish for the cake.

Still have this pain in my foot though need to see what is causing it well thats my excuse in already :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Paul make mine a big cream cake :ROFLMAO: Not that we are racing but i will be hoping for around that time myself. I have heard its a slow start due to narrow road and mass runners also slightly hilly for first few miles but last 4 mile flat so sprint finish for the cake.

Still have this pain in my foot though need to see what is causing it well thats my excuse in already :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

New start this year Gerry less congestion. Also they have (had last year) pace setters, I am going to get with the 1hr50 guy and see how long I can stay with him if at all :Blush:
Just to make you feel a little better, the other chap coming with me/us is hoping for about 1hr25 :Blush:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Well, final preparation today for Liverpool

Managed to do 8 miles at about 9mm pace. Quite warm though.
So now its a week of rest for my ailing IT band problem, before a quick 5 miles Friday night and then Im ready to go :thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Well done Paul i will be doing one tonight about 7 or 8 then a couple of wee runs until Wed or Thurs then rest will send you a pm during the week to let you know what im doing looks like i will be coming down myself as its Mothers day on the Sunday.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Paul

Thought you might like this it was posted on the run liverpool facebook page it means Nikki can track you while your running, so no stopping for a pint. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Also means all the funsters on here can follow us :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Link Removed

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
That looks good Gerry.

Not long now though, Haven't ran all week as I try to come to terms with this blasted IT band problem.
Still should be good to go.

Tonight I have been to our running club AGM. I have now been put on the commitee ::bigsmile:

so, there we go, couch potato hardened smoker and drinker to non smoking marathon runner and Running club Commitee member in just 4 years.

note the bit whereby I didnt say non drinker :roflmto:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Now you have the taste for it Gerry, Don't forget the South Cheshire 20 on the last weekend in April. You too of course Jill. A nice 20 mile route around the leafy roads of Cheshire, quite hilly and is used as a training run for the marathons.

Got meself a nice little CL booked even though the start is only 10 mins from my house. and only a tenner :thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Paul

That sounds good will check my shift card to see if im off as i was planning on doing 20m around the end of April as my marathon is end of May.

Will let you know would be nice if we got a few to join in or even pop along for some support all wearing their funster gear :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jan 19, 2010
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Ooh, 20 may be a bit far for me at the mo.

I'm doing two sport relief 6 milers on Sunday. The first is at 10am at Oakwood theme park then at 1.30 at Pembroke castle.

My hubby (Paul), son (Dan) and a mate are cycling to the first event, running then riding to the next one to run again:Eeek:. They're doing a duathlon the week after so I suppose it'll be good training::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back