LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Good idea Jim. A simple form with basic information and anyone who needs help could private message the other member or phone them if people are happy with their phone numbers being on the site.

Might be a good idea to restrict access to members though.

OP
OP
Flyingscotsman2
Jan 22, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Well your wrong again I have not spat my dummy out as u say. But if ppl want do it that's fine and as for setting a forum up yeah that's a good idea.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I would certainly be willing to help, provided expenses are met. I may even need the service myself as SWMBO doesn't drive the van, reckons she can't reach the pedals. She is currently insured to drive it so that might invalidate the repatriation insurance.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I can't help that thers a lot of negitive comments. It was just an idea but as all ways ppl shoot it down don't know y I bother . I won't in the future

Well your wrong again I have not spat my dummy out as you say. But if ppl want do it that's fine and as for setting a forum up yeah that's a good idea.

Maybe I was wrong when I said you spit your dummy, maybe you just threw it out the pram ;)

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
ya wrong there aint u i have meet you and looks like i know enough about you to not be bothered with your negative views

OP
OP
Flyingscotsman2
Jan 22, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
There's a post saying about bringing a Motorhome back from where ever UK or Europe. I suggested why can't we set our own scheme up amongst friends if any body who gets into trouble who can't drive back for any reason can we help by getting at least the Motorhome back.i know we all have insurance but peace of mind of a friend brining you or your Motorhome back or even both. So any ideas if could be done. Remember it's just an idea.
That's the post I put up at first. So from that to a few negotive opinions which is fine to jim say I spit my dummy out. ( ATTACK the post jim not the poster)

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Like a lot of things suggested on here by certain members they die a natural death if somebody else doesn't pick up the baton, rallies spring to mind. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Flyingscotsman2
Jan 22, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Like a lot of things suggested on here by certain members they die a natural death if somebody else doesn't pick up the baton, rallies spring to mind. :rolleyes:
As I already told u Bailey they got back to me and said they could not do it . now I have told u 3 times wat more could I do.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
No, I don't start things I can't finish. You carry on and I'll be happy to help in Norfolk if anyone's in trouble. (y)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Like some one has suggested get a register or a forum set up if I doesn't work it can be scraped better to have tried and fled than never to have tried atoll
bill

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
not up for a fight. but will help out where ever I can. not with the fight. but we can put people up, and get them back home.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Personally I think perhaps a couple of registers might do the trick. One for domestic help and assistance including driving the motorhome home and one for overseas. e.g. "UK Domestic Helpers in the event of an Emergency" and "European Helpers in the event of an Emergency"

I don't think that a thread entitled "I need Help" will work because people won't understand its true meaning and new members will post all sorts of queries seeking help. Even if the title conveyed an emergency situation it might grow and the last thing anyone wants in an emergency is to have to trawl through a thread that is so long that it takes age to load and then have to scan every post to find the most relevant candidate to assist them. By all means at the same time put up your own post along the lines of "Help - Stranded Overseas - Driver hospitalised" which should get the right attention but a new thread for each emergency.

Can't believe the troll like attitude of some of the posts on this thread! Take a moment to imagine how your wife would feel and cope if you got run over by a bus abroad with kids and a motorhome to worry about as well as you who might be dead or in a coma"

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
An ex-Police motorcyle instructor friend of mine has just been drowned trying to help some people in difficulties in the sea off Murcia in Spain, he has been travelling with his wife Mel for the last two years, I bet Mel would like the offer of assistance to bring her stuff back home.
This assistance idea is good if it can be made to work.
If your friend is still in Spain and in need of assistance to get back I would be more than happy to help as long as the van is not over 7.5 ton ask Mel to contact me. or you pm me for a phone number.

OP
OP
Flyingscotsman2
Jan 22, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
If your friend is still in Spain and in need of assistance to get back I would be more than happy to help as long as the van is not over 7.5 ton ask Mel to contact me. or you pm me for a phone number.
Y not put your name down Roger

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back