Motorhome Fun Canoe & Kayaking Club (1 Viewer)

Paramotormanal

Free Member
Aug 29, 2012
Kingston upon Hull
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I think the post regarding fishing was tongue in cheek but anyway we are up for a gathering of the paddlers and Bill is only up the road from us in Goole.

What's the Xmas meet? Is it shopping or could it be paddling ::bigsmile: possibly a boys, girls split?::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I think the post regarding fishing was tongue in cheek but anyway we are up for a gathering of the paddlers and Bill is only up the road from us in Goole.

What's the Xmas meet? Is it shopping or could it be paddling ::bigsmile: possibly a boys, girls split?::bigsmile:

It looks like the campsite is not far from the river Weaver so it may be possible for a paddle, I look into it. As for a boys girls split I ain't paddling a 15 footer by meself :Sad: Going to be a bit cold if anyone falls in. :Eeek:

Paramotormanal

Free Member
Aug 29, 2012
Kingston upon Hull
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
It looks like the campsite is not far from the river Weaver so it may be possible for a paddle, I look into it. As for a boys girls split I ain't paddling a 15 footer by meself :Sad: Going to be a bit cold if anyone falls in. :Eeek:

You need to put some government spin on the "cold" maybe a better word is refreshing, I used something similar when Sebastian and I got IPhones Jayne understandably felt left out so I rushed out and bought her a " I ron " did she thank me ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kevc

Free Member
Feb 20, 2012
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Compact Leisure vehicle
Exp
Since 2011
Hi

Also a paddler but a little further south, In Gloucester now, but have paddled for many years in a few locations, mostly on the River Wye in Hereford, but have also paddled the Ardeche a few times in a canoe.
South Wales can be fun in the Winter for some white water, and a good learning playground locally would be the rapids at Symonds Yat.

Edit - Sorry meant to add boats we have. Currently have an open canoe, a 15' touring kayak, couple of whitewater kayaks and a very seldom used whitewater canoe

Would like to meet up maybe when up that way or if anyone is down this way

Safe paddling

Kev

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Hi

Also a paddler but a little further south, In Gloucester now, but have paddled for many years in a few locations, mostly on the River Wye in Hereford, but have also paddled the Ardeche a few times in a canoe.
South Wales can be fun in the Winter for some white water, and a good learning playground locally would be the rapids at Symonds Yat.

Edit - Sorry meant to add boats we have. Currently have an open canoe, a 15' touring kayak, couple of whitewater kayaks and a very seldom used whitewater canoe

Safe paddling

Kev
have you dune the Severn boar went abut fore years ago got wiped out but had sum fun lol

Kevc

Free Member
Feb 20, 2012
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Compact Leisure vehicle
Exp
Since 2011
Never done the Severn Bore, but hey never say never, have not even seen it and have lived here for nearly 3 years now, how bad is that? get it on the list, to at least see first.
:winky:

Kev

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hi

Safe paddling

Kev

Hi Kevin. It was camping near Symonds Yat a few years ago was what started me off wanting to get on the water, it's just taken me a while to get round to it.

I don't think we have any exciting rivers near Market Harborough, they are all very tame. So all over to your place by the sound of it :winky:

I must say it is a nice surprise how many of us are into this pastime, will definitely have to arrange to meet up sometime soon for a a weekend paddling.

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Hello the Kelly family. I never noticed that you are Rutlanders, only down the road to us. Do you paddle on Rutland water or is it not allowed?

Paddling on Rutland water is allowed for a fee of £8 for the day,however you are not allowed out on the main body of water but are restricted to Whitwell Creek.
You simply go to the water sports centre and tell them you want to launch your own kayak ,they inspect it,just to make sure it's in a safe enough condition and off you go.You must have buoyancy aids for all occupants.
There are no hight barriers on any of the car parks so why not take the Mh and the bikes and make a day of it,there's plenty of space to park and you can have a BBQ by the van.
If you don't want to cycle all the way round there is a bus service that calls at the car parks with space for your bikes so you can always get back.

Vlad.

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
That sounds like a good idea, a nice sunny crisp winters day and I think we will try that. We could even stretch it out and stay and the campsite, it's called Lyndon Top isn't it?

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
Hello the Kelly family. I never noticed that you are Rutlanders, only down the road to us. Do you paddle on Rutland water or is it not allowed?

Paddling on Rutland water is allowed for a fee of £8 for the day,however you are not allowed out on the main body of water but are restricted to Whitwell Creek.
You simply go to the water sports centre and tell them you want to launch your own kayak ,they inspect it,just to make sure it's in a safe enough condition and off you go.You must have buoyancy aids for all occupants.
There are no hight barriers on any of the car parks so why not take the Mh and the bikes and make a day of it,there's plenty of space to park and you can have a BBQ by the van.
If you don't want to cycle all the way round there is a bus service that calls at the car parks with space for your bikes so you can always get back.

Vlad.
Snooze. SnoozeSnooze

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Love the dog by the way, used to have a red setter many years ago. Duke was completely nuts but the kindest loveable dog ever.

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
Love the dog by the way, used to have a red setter many years ago. Duke was completely nuts but the kindest loveable dog ever.
By the way i have a Kayak and Canadian Canoe and you are my friend because you like my Irish Friends i just love a debate

Bill

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
By the way i have a Kayak and Canadian Canoe and you are my friend because you like my Irish Friends i just love a debate

Bill

You never can tell. :whistle::reel: :Smile:

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
{Gods country} where in Yorkshire is the white water that you refer too:ROFLMAO:

Mel
Good joke i did here that the fishing down there is good as you don't need a rod, most fish are floating on the surface something to do with the chemicals in the air

Bill

laws

Free Member
Jan 20, 2010
west mids coseley
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
3years
canoeing

:thumb:Hi sandra and colin i canoed for many years but havent done any for a while done many rivers in scotland and wales and France and Italy ..... if your looking for a bit of white water try Tywern just down from lake bala in wales they also do white water rafting its all monitored and a safe river good fun experience HAPPY PADDLING :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back