Motorhome Fulltiming? Thinking About it? (1 Viewer)

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
If you are a fulltimer or you are considering this lifestyle. Please do register with Motorhome365 The new fulltimers association. You can find it here Link Removed

Cant open the link.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

You do a good line in web sites Jim. Concise, easy on the eye, quick and bullshit free.

Your next book: "How to construct web sites people will read by Jim age 32.5".

I offer one comment, [read more] 2 and 3 could do with breaking up a bit for my taste, 2 walls of words.
========================================
Living full time in a motorhome is not for everybody but is it for you? There are just too many variables to be able to build a quick check-list to see if you are suited to this nomadic lifestyle. The personalities of the people involved, the motorhome they chose, the area that they drive it, their income, attitude and outlook are just a few of the many things that will make or break the experience. So what are full timers like? It seems a reasonable question; but I have met hundreds over the years and there is nothing you can put your finger on, no common trait that they all share which makes them stand out from the crowd, in my experience they are as normal (or as nutty) as the next person you meet in the street. When you spend time with fulltimers and listen to their stories, you might notice some similar things, some common traits. Very often, the notion to live full time in a motorhome was borne out of some for of dissatisfaction with their former life, marriage, situation and a decision was made to get out of the comfort zone and get on the road. Thereafter the traits are less common, but you are likely to find that generally speaking, full timers do have a sense of adventure and a little courage or daring. It takes courage as well as that sense of adventure to pack all you own and love into a vehicle with polystyrene walls and head off into the unknown. Probably above all the thing that I have noticed is that motorhome full timers who travel with partners are compatible with each other, even the largest motorhome can feel cramped during long winter nights and living together 24 hour a day 365 days a year means that you must be compatible or your dream will soon quickly become a nightmare. Could you do it? Are you (and your patner) made of the right stuff? You probably won’t know exactly until you try, but you should have a good idea already. Join the Association and chat to others who do it, find out what its really like. You can register by clicking
=============================
Living full time in a motorhome is not for everybody is it for you? There are just too many variables to be able to build a quick check-list to see if you are suited to this nomadic lifestyle. The personalities of the people involved, the motorhome they chose, the area that they drive it, their income, attitude and outlook are just a few of the many things that will make or break the experience.

So what are full timers like? It seems a reasonable question; but I have met hundreds over the years and there is nothing you can put your finger on, no common trait that they all share which makes them stand out from the crowd, in my experience they are as normal (or as nutty) as the next person you meet in the street. When you spend time with full timers and listen to their stories, you might notice some similar things, some common traits.

Very often, the notion to live full time in a motorhome was borne out of some for of dissatisfaction with their former life, marriage, situation and a decision was made to get out of the comfort zone and get on the road. Thereafter the traits are less common, but you are likely to find that generally speaking, full timers do have a sense of adventure and a little courage or daring. It takes courage as well as that sense of adventure to pack all you own and love into a vehicle with polystyrene walls and head off into the unknown.

Probably above all the thing that I have noticed is that motorhome full timers who travel with partners are compatible with each other, even the largest motorhome can feel cramped during long winter nights and living together 24 hour a day 365 days a year means that you must be compatible or your dream will soon quickly become a nightmare. Could you do it? Are you (and your partner) made of the right stuff? You probably won’t know exactly until you try, but you should have a good idea already. Join the Association and chat to others who do it, find out what its really like. You can register by clicking
=========================================

You could add that an exit strategy is a good idea just in case.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Brian, thanks for the kind comments and input, I'll take a look at it today:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
I have never read the front page, just joined the forum and got stuck in. Having looked now I don't think you need anything like that at all. Make it a short series of headlines and questions that potential fulltimers might have. Think of the advertsing boards you see for newspapers outside railway stations and the like.

At the moment there is too much text and people might lose interest and walk before they get to the real writers - the forum members :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

So quick headlines to get people wanting more and then fast links to the forum.

stew

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Ahh, but. there is always a but:Smile:

The articles on the Wordpress front page are there to be indexed by search engines. Look carefully at the titles, and the way that key words are used in the text. Search engines, esp Google, just love Wordpress and those short articles already rate highly, pointing people to the site, those articles have been being returned in results since day two, while some of those excellent fulltiming discussions that we have had are not yet being returned by the engines till about page 6. I will be adding some more, each article will have links to the forum, Once the forum is considered an authority site (like this one) then the forum discussions will rate higher, untill then articles are the way to get the site found by fulltimers. :thumb: Look at me, sounding like an expert:Blush:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back