Motorhome Friends And Kindness... (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
For the past few years I have bumbled along the Algarve in my motorhome during the winter, wrapping its comforting warmth around me until the hotter weather arrives back at my little orchard in Central Portugal

Each year I bump into the "regulars" who are doing the same and friendships develop.

This morning my Dutch friends Marie and Hennie pulled onto the Armação de Pera parking spot (€1.50 a day, water and cassette emptying included) much hand shaking and festive cheer ensued.

Then the charming couple, having heard last year how much I love them, handed me a box of Bitterballen which they brought down for me through Holland, France, Spain and Portugal.

20170105_124335.jpg

Total STARS!

JJ :cool:

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
I've Never had bitter balls before? Were they cheesy or meaty?;)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
They must be popular with normal people ...

IMG_6219.JPG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
The XXXl versions are Bulls testicals from the defeated Bulls in Spanish Bull Fight Arenas
Those extra small ones JJ has are from when the Bull won

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
For the past few years I have bumbled along the Algarve in my motorhome during the winter, wrapping its comforting warmth around me until the hotter weather arrives back at my little orchard in Central Portugal

Each year I bump into the "regulars" who are doing the same and friendships develop.

This morning my Dutch friends Marie and Hennie pulled onto the Armação de Pera parking spot (€1.50 a day, water and cassette emptying included) much hand shaking and festive cheer ensued.

Then the charming couple, having heard last year how much I love them, handed me a box of Bitterballen which they brought down for me through Holland, France, Spain and Portugal.

View attachment 140622

Total STARS!

Please do keep the cardboard with ingredients written on it so I have a chance some day to cook something you'll actually eat ! ... Dutch ....:rolleyes: Ah well ... enjoy!

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Is that the one by the beach? Is it very busy this time of year?

That's the one.

It has just become pretty busy in the last couple of days but there are still spaces.

You are not allowed to "camp", so no tables or chairs or DRYING WASHING allowed. If folk want to sit out and sun bathe, they carry their chairs etc the hundred metres (or less) to the beach.

If people start sitting outside etc I believe the GNR swoop and clear everyone off.

Obviously, I don't stay very long here. Too pricey for an old pensioner and anyway, rufty tufty off-siters like me don't like all these vans around them.

Last edited:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Bread Crumbed Bite size meaty gravy :rolleyes:
FB Balls :cool: No wonder he like them:LOL:
Think I might too(y)
You could bread crumb an Oxo Cube Frankie and make him some square ones:rofl::rofl:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Am more of an Oilybollen man myself preceded by some haring.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Whereas ours is Indian - chicken tikka masala
A difference between "most popular" and "national dish" though. Proper fish and chips, roast beef etc. All very good when done well (and awful when done badly, as indeed are the Bangladeshi curries found in UK)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Dutch "cuisine" has to be the worst in the western world. They don't half eat some rubbish food
Don't know,,England doesn't have much to shout about looking at all the fat buggers about,,BUSBY:D2:D2:D2

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
QUOTE="Geo, post: 2177385, member: 35"]
FB Balls :cool: :rofl::rofl:[/QUOTE]

Fella goes into a Spanish restaurant looks at the Menu, hasn't a clue, looks around and sees this joker with these two tennis ball sized meat thingees on his plat.
"I'll have what that joker there is having" he says to the Waiter

The Waiter explains that that joker is the Local Matador, and the meat thingees are the testicles of the bull he killed that day, and because the Matador had only killed 1 bull that day there were no more available. However tomorrow the Matador is down for killing 2 bulls, and, if the fella wished to reserve a set??????, The fella said put me down for a set tomorrow.

The next day the fella fronts up to the restaurant, and the waiter brings along the plate, on it are 2 pickled walnut sized meat balls.

"What the hell is this amigo??" says the fella , "Yesterday that bloody Matador had 2 balls the sixe of a small orange where the hell are these from?"

The Waiter says
-
-
-
-
-
Apologetically
-
-
-
-
-
"AH Senor! some times , the Bull, ee win" :laughing::rofl::laughing::rofl::laughing::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back