Motorhome-friendly pubs - a CAMRA guide? (1 Viewer)

Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Just a thought - there seem to be a number of people catching on the fact that motorhomers like stopovers, as well as/instead of campsites and are setting up sites/clubs/guides to meet the need. As a CAMRA member it occurred to me that the Good Beer Guide might be a useful resource for this - it currently shows a 'camping' symbol but not that they're willing to let a motorhome plot up in their car park overnight!

Has this been thought of or tried before? Any comments?

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
99% of the time if you are spending money in a pub on food and drink if you ask the manager they will allow you to stay the night in their car park.

although its often better practice if say 4 of you walk in and ask if you would be ok to stay overnight before actually ordering your meals then if they say no you can say oh well you don't want our custom then and leave to find the next pub will welcome you.

Flamingo

Free Member
Sep 18, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004
I'd find such a resource useful. I like staying in CLs attached to good pubs - makes evening meal easy when I can't be bothered to cook.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
The "camping" symbol presumably signifies those places that have a licensed camp site but not indicating whether it is just tents or includes motorhomes/caravans. Try contacting CAMRA and they might clarify.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back