Motorhome friendly car parks along Kent coast (1 Viewer)

Millie's Mum and Dad

Free Member
Aug 11, 2014
Funster No
MH
2008 Swift Bolero 630EW
Exp
Caravanning for 30 years, motorhome beginners
We want to take the MH out for a spin on Sunday to the Kent coast. Any suggestions please for some nice car parks or parking spots, without height barriers, ideally overlooking the sea.
Millie's mum and dad

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
You can park on the road running along Tankerton slopes, just out of Whitstable towards Herne Bay but you would need to arrive early to get a space. You cannot sleep overnight there. Good view of the sea, the sailing boats etc and an easy walk into Whitstable for the shops, cafes and harbour.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Dymchurch town centre.
Greatstone on way to Dungeness. 2 places along
there . One pay & display on the beach ( this one is on 'The Parade' ) & the other foc on the beach next to the public toilets where the kite surfers normally are.This one is opposite 'Taylor road' , wher the "Varne fish bar & Lade stores are.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
There is a car park opposite Walmer Castle with access to a coastal path but it does close in the evening so you have to check the times
The Esplanade at Dover (pay and display)
St Margaret's Bay - small MH recommended to get down to it
There is plenty of parking along the front at Herne Bay
Royal Esplanade, Ramsgate

If I think of any more I'll let you know

OP
OP
Millie's Mum and Dad

Millie's Mum and Dad

Free Member
Aug 11, 2014
Funster No
MH
2008 Swift Bolero 630EW
Exp
Caravanning for 30 years, motorhome beginners
Hi Joyce & Brian
We thought of that one, but you have to park very close to the wall to allow traffic to pass OK, and our door is on UK side. And the road is too fast to risk parking the other way with the drivers door by the wall. You're swinging your hab door out into the oncoming traffic. Unless we were to just sit and gaze, of course!

Thanks everyone for your suggestions so far. Very helpful.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Not sure what part of the Kent coast you want but if you fancy the Isle of Sheppey there are a couple of places you can park up.

The first is a car park at Warden Bay which overlooks the sea. We've seen vans parked up overnight there quite regularly in the summer.

The other place is along the sea wall past Leydown, but no view of the sea from the van but not far away.

Denise

camperlove

Free Member
Nov 30, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato mwb
Exp
17 years
Laying opposite leysdown coastal park. Sea view.

camperlove

Free Member
Nov 30, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato mwb
Exp
17 years
Meant to read layby opposite coastal park, sea view. Warden bay car pArk , sea view. The leas and the leas car pArk, all sea views, queenborough harbour and another place off north road through the gates, both with sea view. It's my area. Message me if in area, and I will show you around. Water available from hose pipe in front of my garden, use of showers, and washing machine, internet, Tec, if you stuck for resources. Now it's summer, showers £1 and water free in lets down. Showers at queen borough harbour. Key available at pub

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back