Motorhome French Peage Tip - dont be over charged (1 Viewer)

N&K

Free Member
May 26, 2008
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
A quick tip, when on a French Peage, make sure you use a 'Manual' Lane at the Peage which is manned. The unmanned lanes automatically detect the height of your motorhome (Especially if you have a roof box on like us) and charge you Class 3 instead of Class 2, which means a lot extras ££££. The automatic lanes detect the height of your vehicle including your roof box and automatically chose Class 3.

Use the manned lanes labelled 'Manual' to ensure you get charged 'Class 2' by the person sat in the Peage booth

The vehicle classes
Link Removed

Link Removed

Hope this helps, it happened to us, but we noticed.

N&K

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Should be pointed out that if your van is over 3.5t or tag axle you will be class 3 and if you have an RV with trailer/toad you will be class 4 .. lots of €€€€€€

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
french peage

Hi

For those who ARE unfortunate recipients of the "Blue Badge" You can sometimes get a discount if the badge is a) Visible or b) you draw the attendants notice to it.

NOTE:- The working of this seems to be a bit "hit and miss" but I have had as much as a 30% or more reduction, and it may have to do with the fact that Peages are a franchise of sorts??.

Please note, when I say Unfortunate, I mean that I personally would rather have full mobility!!

Pete

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back