Motorhome Facts Insurance question

Discussion in 'Motorhome Insurance General Discussion' started by Mags52, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Mags52

Mags52 Funster

We've had MH Facts insurance since we got the van because it's always been the best quote for us by quite a bit (we insure 4 drivers). As far as I understand you have to be a member of MHFacts to get it. I've paid my dues to them each year just for the insurance but never go on the forum. The policy is underwritten by Aviva.
    I'm starting to wonder if I can get the same policy without doing the Facts thing.
    Any ideas folks?

2. DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe Funster Life Member

Comfort insurance is the same......:Wink:

3. Terry

Terry Funster

Give AIB a call 023 80268351 ask to speak to Darren and tell him you are with Fun
    terry

• Like Like x 1
  4. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

5. Bailey58

Bailey58 Funster Life Member

We were with Aviva through Comfort but have just saved £30 by going through AIB. Darren could have saved us more but recommended staying with Aviva for the extended new for old cover on the van. As already said a discount for Fun members. :Smile:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Traveller_HA5_3DOM

Traveller_HA5_3DOM Read Only Funster

I think Facts count everyone who registers with them as a member irrespective of if they become a paid one or not. We Insure at the moment with them but I think having read this thread I will certainly get a renewal quote from AIB.
    We did have a claim with them during this time when someone made off with our Fiamma awning off the van and they dealt with it without any problems.

• Like Like x 1
  7. davanne

davanne Funster

Another vote for AIB I dealt with Nigel and I have the same cover with Aviva as I had before and its cheaper:thumb:
    You just need to say you are a FUN member:Smile:

• Like Like x 1
  8. DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe Funster Life Member

Looks interesting - will certainly check them out next year

9. Mags52

Mags52 Funster

Thanks folks, I spoke to Nigel today. I'm being a bit premature as it's not due for a month so he said to call him when I had the renewal notice. Here's hoping for a good quote when it comes.
    Mags

10. Hotelman

Hotelman Funster

I spent a few hours ringing around, Saga seemed good, bit we had a problem with the no claims. But called AIB and got a great price, very straight forward, returned our call as promised, and said he had been able to give many "funsters " good deals.

Worth a call when starting off, or when renewing.

£10 a year for the subs on this site, the advice is worth a lot more, and saved nearly £200 on the insurance.

Thanks to every one

11. peterc10

peterc10 Funster

I have been phoning around for insurances. I used Saga for the first year but they were expensive because they would not use NCD from the car. Renewal time and I don't want to get caught again, so starting early.

At the moment Safeguard is the cheapest, but I am bit worried about the European cover because they rate my van as over 3.5t, because it is 7.2m long, even though it isn't over 3.5t!. That means no hire car ot overnight accommodation paid for if broken down. Would be interested to hear from anybody who has had to use their European rescue service (via AA).

Next cheapest (£45 more), and best service, was from Comfort, with the Aviva policy. Tried AIB but originally they were £15 more expensive that Comfort for the same policy. They phoned back and said they would match Comfort.

Now going to check Comfort's policy wording a bit more

12. davanne

davanne Funster

I dealt with Nigel and was very happy with the deal I got:Smile:

13. chopper602

chopper602 Funster

I renewed with AIB on Friday. Cheaper than Motorhome Facts and with the same insurer (Aviva). Now have European breakdown cover too.:BigGrin:

14. Teasy2007

Teasy2007 Funster

Thank you for the recommendation I have just renewed my insurance with AIB a good saving on Comfort, full price of motorhome, no tracker required, 365 days full European breakdown insurance with no limitation on days out of UK, only £200 excess and 30% off our car insurance when it is due in August.

Darren is very good indeed and couldn't have been more helpful, highly recommend.

Ginny