Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I see a lot of newbies coming on and asking questions aimed at the experts on the site.

Could I make it crystal clear that if I contribute to these threads I am not an expert.

On the contrary I must be up there with even the most clueless member ever.

I don't know toffee about engines, electrics, tyres, water systems, batteries, solar power etc, etc.

Any other " experts" feel like confessing?:)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I know what I know and am happy to share but never pretend to be an expert.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I see a lot of newbies coming on and asking questions aimed at the experts on the site.

Could I make it crystal clear that if I contribute to these threads I am not an expert.

On the contrary I must be up there with even the most clueless member ever.

I don't know toffee about engines, electrics, tyres, water systems, batteries, solar power etc, etc.

Any other " experts" feel like confessing?:)
Know a bit about fuel. Know nothing about anything else, but am a leading authority on duckweed

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
That's the beauty of forums, lots of opinions means that very often the definitive answer surfaces (after a while :)) And of course, 'experts' can and do disagree on most topics under the sun.

T

Tackle man

Deleted User
I know a few bits and pieces but my forte is knowing how and where to pack and secure the fishing tackle! :reel:

Jan 22, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
That's the beauty of forums, lots of opinions means that very often the definitive answer surfaces (after a while :)) And of course, 'experts' can and do disagree on most topics under the sun.
I disagree with that total nonsence.....:Eeek:.... I think..... Ok maybe your right ... But I don't think so....... :rofl:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Jim while you're on, why is there a big gap between the signature(s) and the bottom of my post? Is there something I need to alter?

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I am an expert on everything...

If you don't agree you are plainly wrong.

Accept it with good grace and carry on motorhoming...

JJ :cool:
Pity your c**p at choosing good football teams to support, Mr JJ......;):)

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
IMO this site has a lot of members that know a lot.
And are prepaired to share it.
Unlike another site where many members know everything beter than anyone else and presume everyone elsh should know.

Mel

OP
OP
Chris

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
By the way, this thread is not having a dig at anyone.

I admire the knowledge and expertise of a lot of folks on here(y)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
IMO this site has a lot of members that know a lot.
And are prepaired to share it.
Unlike another site where many members know everything beter than anyone else and presume everyone elsh should know.
Mel

More than one site... one site I was on asked a question about fuel quality and one of the regulars responded with some utter garbage. It was politely corrected and I even dug out references to international standards etc.

Because one of the regulars was challenged, all the trolls came out and the hail of abuse was unbelievable. I left. There is a MH Facebook site as well, but left that as a whole load of people in utter ignorance but complete confidence were dishing out advice to newcomers that was not only probably dangerous but also possibly legally dodgy. I think one of the trading regulars on here had a similar issue

On here, the hail of abuse from some regulars is unending as well but funny and taken in the spirit it is intended. (y)

I see very little bad advice on here to be honest; most responses are measured and even politics can be discussed without resorting to handbags.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
More than one site... one site I was on asked a question about fuel quality and one of the regulars responded with some utter garbage. It was politely corrected and I even dug out references to international standards etc.

Because one of the regulars was challenged, all the trolls came out and the hail of abuse was unbelievable. I left. There is a MH Facebook site as well, but left that as a whole load of people in utter ignorance but complete confidence were dishing out advice to newcomers that was not only probably dangerous but also possibly legally dodgy. I think one of the trading regulars on here had a similar issue

On here, the hail of abuse from some regulars is unending as well but funny and taken in the spirit it is intended. (y)

I see very little bad advice on here to be honest; most responses are measured and even politics can be discussed without resorting to handbags.
Well Quacked, that DUCK........:clap::clap:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
So, Tootsies, what are you an expert at?

Plucking ducks (you have to be sober to say that, but they do have some strange customs in Lancaster)?

Blowing it out of your ass, baby......... (In the literal sense, not the American slang sense)

Taking the pi$$ ( clearly got a PhD in that)

Keep it up (y) *

* the last one was not a skill but a phrase of encouragement........

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Chris i can help you i think the engine thingy is at the front

I was about to advise Chris the engine is the noisy thing, but that may confuse.
I have one of those in the passenger seat as well as out front.

By the way, this thread is not having a dig at anyone.

I admire the knowledge and expertise of a lot of folks on here(y)

Is it not?
As the Dragons would say...."I'm out".

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I was about to advise Chris the engine is the noisy thing, but that may confuse.
I have one of those in the passenger seat as well as out front.

Fiat could not fix the constant whining noise from the near side despite multiple attempts..................

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Yup.. it really is amazing some of the total tosh that gets posted on some forums..
And when something pointed out as not quite right, how many people get all bitter and twisted..

If I get something wrong I will just say oops, and be glad I have learnt something on that day (y)

I aint an expert on much at all ( weeellllllll .. perhaps a few things but generally they fall in to the category of 'absolutely no use to any bar a few other 'geeks' ) but happy to pass on what ever info I have to hand

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back