motorhome european insurance word of caution (1 Viewer)

jaytee74

Free Member
Dec 5, 2013
durham uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt swift royale
Exp
since2007
last year i left it rather late to organise european insurance cover anyway i took out 12 months cover with drive24/7 anyway the documents arrived a few days before we departed and i just gave them a cursuary glance rather nieive i would admit never the less we went down through france to northern spain and back with no problems anyway we due to part again in 3 weeks time to italy so i thought i will. just check my insurance docs as they should be still valid anyway on reading through them i became rather alarmed for they seemed to have a large list of things NOT COVERED far outnumbering things covered and leaving me with very little actual cover before i become financially liable as a matter of fact the amount of cover offered is laughable it would seem i have to pay for everything if the van cannot be fixed within 1 hour, so i rang up the only telephone number listed on the docs which was the help line number and explained my concerns to the gentleman that answered it soon became apparent that he did not have any answers to the points i raised and was been totally evasive and became quite aggressive in attitude when i pointed out that his answers were not very satisfactry so by then i had lost all sense of security with this company. and arranged new cover with BRITTANNIA but through ASDA as i can have complete peace of mind and 5 star cover for £12.50 a month for as many months as i want and cancel when it suits me which will be in about 4 months after a second trip in july -august SO BUYER BEWARE OF DRIVE 24/7 insurance cover.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
never heard of them, but that doesn't surprise me as there is a major problem with fake insurance companies selling non existent products. the people i blame are the likes of compare the market and other similar sites that promote cheap unknown policies

stick with a known brand company that has a real address and phone numbers in this country:thumb:

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
Just out of interest I looked them up.

It does appear to be a genuine company offering a legit service, not a scam.

It is very cheap and from a quick look offers rather less protection than some of its competitors. But its possibly better than no cover at all.

Moral is - read the details before buying. And if it looks too cheap it probably is!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
we tried one company,when we checked the cover was just about nil.then on the last page in very small writing there was a line that said it only coverd 25 miles from the coast.and then only for ten days. lucky for us I only paid for the first month.so I did what I should have done in the first place.back to the the old lot.:Eeek::Doh::Doh::Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back