elpaulo

Free Member
Feb 26, 2013
newcastle
Funster No
MH
motorhome
Exp
what is the best digital aerial for my motorhome as i have just bought my first motorhome at the end of november 2012 and need a bit of advice on one as i already have a sky dish but just want something more easy and quicker to set up

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Rule one... No such thing as a digital aerial.... No matter what someone trying to take your hard earned may tell you there really is no such thing... They are just high gain design, but basically just an aerial...

On a motorhome or indeed a caravan, just get any decent directional job by.

Most available are amped up nowadays.. Whilst a lot of folk rave on about Status antennas ( which are indeed very very good ) there are several other options available... The big thing is to get a directional one and not one of those that look like a flying saucer !
Almost anything that is either v shaped or elongated that will proly be fine..
If it has a 12v connection then it will have an amp built in..if it does not, get a small inline signal amp to go with it... Job done :thumb:

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
Been using a Moonraker Link Removed
Its been excellent and picking up all main stations plus a few and I've been holed up in the works yard with buildings all around me very low down in the Wensum Valley just outside Norwich, It has more or less made the satellite system redundant.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dewaltman

Free Member
May 19, 2008
south wales
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years , tugging for 27 years
I can vouch for the avtec aeriel bought it for when I can't put up my oyster sat dish because of weather conditions ie very windy and it has never let me down always produced a good picture

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back