motorhome depot

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by stevensson10, Mar 7, 2014.

1. stevensson10

stevensson10

yes I know about them they've been selling my motorhome now for nearly 3 weeks I signed a contract with them for 3 months. there asking 2k more tha what I wanted for it. if I went ahead and sold it myself it would have gone long since we just want a smaller van 2 berth. if I pulled out now they would bill me for£2k. when my son found out he went berserk.so I will just wait now till the three months are up steve

2. Terry

Terry Funster

If it's up for only 2k more than you wanted there's a good chance they will find a buyer :thumb:
    terry

3. goldenline

goldenline Funster

What make of van was it
    Alan

4. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Unfortunately I dont know any dealers in your neck of the woods that I could recommend, you could ring Camper UK, they might be able to help

Peter

5. dshague

dshague Funster

is david fuller is near you ? .

6. stevensson10

stevensson10

no they will take the extra two grand that's their cost so if I would have sold it myself iwould have sold it for£11k they want the other 2grand and I cant back out so beware of them their a scam steve

• Like Like x 1
  7. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

What cost, they havent any costs as such, if i take a van on contract sale, the only costs that would be incurred if the owner took it off my forecourt would be valeting and cleaning costs,

No three months nonsense, bit like estate agents sole agency.......

Peter

8. Wildbill

Wildbill Funster

I would just go and get the van there scammers by the look of things they would have to prove cost and expenses I know a layer who would have them diapering up there own ar.....s hole with the first letter
    scamming tw..ts
    bill

9. happypre65

happypre65 Funster

:thumb::thumb::thumb:Hi,The people on here seem to be all the same,dealers have to give warrantys and clean it and prepare an advert,then maybe take a part exchange,all things to be considered they have to have enough money in it to do a deal,if some one offers them less money (every body wants a deal) they then have to discount or dont you understand nobody does something for nothing,sell it youself and the first person to come will say how much will you take for it, so there you are,they will never sell for the asking price that is a starting price,i will wait for the stupid replies,thats why this country is in the s---t,because of cheap imports etc,and all the shops in the high street,farmers etc cannot make a profit,because of people selling crap at a cheap rate,and people who want something for nothing,if you cannot make a profit you cannot carry on as many will tell you,this is not trying to have a go at you,just thought your comments a little unfounded,regards H,

• Like Like x 2
  10. JJ

JJ Funster

If the "deal" is so bad and the people involved are "scammers" then I am surprised you signed a contract with them in the first place.

Good luck though... The buyer of your van could be arriving today...

JJ :Cool:

• Like Like x 4
  11. Mikey RV

Mikey RV Funster

I bought my Burstner from a guy who used motorhome depot. They are like an estate agent, they work on a commission. They arrange all the viewings etc and deal with buyers for you. The motorhome can stay with you, you just show peaple around. like any seller they will move on price if haggling. After doing the deal with mine they kept me informed etc and even gave me a lift to get the van as one of there guys lived not to far away from me. They said they liked to be at the handover. I don't think their scammers just a buisness making money like all businesses. At the end of the day no one makes you use them, it's your choice. :thumb:

• Like Like x 3
  12. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

When we were looking to buy our current van there were a few that were for sale through motorhome depot.

The only problem was that the owners never seemed available to view or they had decided not to sell.

Is there not something relating to signing a contract where you have x number of days to change your mind? or is that just with credit cards etc?

Speak to your local trading standards officer they may be able to help.

I hate companies that do not tell you all the important bits when they sell stuff over the phone.

Good luck xxxx

13. Terry

Terry Funster

You need to Hone your negotiating skills :Smile: When I put my van up yrs ago with a local M/H seller I told him I had it advertised elsewhere and if I brought a buyer I took it off his forecourt :thumb: I would give him £100 for a drink end of -- He could sell for whatever he wanted after giving me my price that I wanted -- He stuck it up at 6k more than I wanted claiming he had overheads VAT etc etc - told him he was talking nonsense but so long as I got my money I did not care :Smile: Needless to say I sold the van :Wink:
    terry

14. stevensson10

stevensson10

thanks for that information steve

• Like Like x 1
  15. knokinonabit

knokinonabit Funster

Just been on the Motorhome Depot website and if you scroll down to the bottom it states that "MotorhomeDepot.com is a franchise and each brokerage is owned and operated by a franchisee".

I met one of the franchisees whilst helping my cousin look for a MH.
    My cousin had seen the advert on line and had made an enquiry.
    We travelled to the sellers home and were met by the seller and the franchisee at the appointed time. After inspecting the MH we were both offered test drives, which we accepted, and were left to confer with no pressure on us, afterwards.
    As it was the sale did not go ahead, due to the fact that my cousin found another MH that he liked better.
    The whole thing was conducted very professionally and at no time did we feel that we were being conned into anything. The business that he runs is a brokerage for caravans, MHs and boats. There is also an online store selling all kinds of things.

The seller that we went to see looked as though he couldn't have coped with selling to the general public, or anyone else for that matter, on his own. So it made sense that he would use a broker to take the pressure off him and deal with adverts, callers, paperwork etc.
    To call them scammers and con men without recourse to first hand evidence is a little bit over the top, in my own opinion, but each to their own.

I have no connection to any brokerage, franchise or other business connected to the buying and selling of motorhomes, or to anyone who carries out these businesses.

If you want to check him out I can post his web sites, but I would like Jim to OK it first. The broker gave me his business cards and I am sure he would be happy for me to post his web addresses on here.

• Like Like x 3