Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Hi

Just a quick one, I was browsing the net (E-Bay in particular) and several rig`s where advertised by this "Dealer", Who as far as I can gather is actually a sort of "Estate Agent". Middleman.?

Anyone had dealings with them?, selling Or buying. and with what results?.

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
I saw an RV on their site last year, lovely spec so I contacted them. They said it was in Lincolnshire, and would contact me with further details.................they never did.

So I rang them again, 'sorry about that, he was out' came the reply, 'we'll contact him and arrange a viewing'...............nothing. So needless to say I don't bother with them anymore.

Craig

Cossieg

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Yate for the summer!
Funster No
MH
None now
Exp
Has some servicing done by them a couple of years ago, I'll never go back. I think they sell vans on commission so know nothing about them. I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole!

Sheldon C

Free Member
Mar 30, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
Euromobil 695EB Profila
Exp
Since 1995
I had a bad experience with them, deal was to include delivery and comprehensive handover to understand the systems on a secondhand A class. Vehicle was delivered filthy by a contract driver who knew nothing about the vehicle and with a cracked windscreen he claimed was present when he collected, Motorhome Depot denied responsibility, no hand books or service record despite promises of full history with vehicle.
Once they have your money they don't want to know you, stay away from them.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I saw an RV on their site last year, lovely spec so I contacted them. They said it was in Lincolnshire, and would contact me with further details.................they never did.

So I rang them again, 'sorry about that, he was out' came the reply, 'we'll contact him and arrange a viewing'...............nothing. So needless to say I don't bother with them anymore.

Craig
Pretty much the same with me when we were looking five years ago, son has tried to sell one through them and same again , never hear from them again, if you can get any sense out of them , you need to treat it as a private sale, as once you have the van and they have your money , you are on your own.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
I enquired about a van a few years ago but they didn't appear to be interested and never came back to me. Another cowboy company trying to make a fast buck. I feel sorry for the customers who are trusting them to sell there vehicle.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Some owners dont like dealers but at the end of the day a retail seller can and is held responsible unlike brokers etc

If you want to sell your van and don't want the hassle then do a contract sale with a reputable dealership and have all the advantages

Peter

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
1 have bought and part exchanged 6 Motorhomes in 12 years,always with dealer ships, I know that this as cost me more money than private sales, but I've known that any problems whatsoever during and with our Auto Sleeper after warranty the dealers and manufactures have looked after us.

John.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I contacted them about selling our RV. I had sold it by the time they replied ( advertised on eBay Friday, sold Saturday)
For weeks afterwards, they kept emailing and ringing asking if I still wanted to sell it, despite me replying that I already had. I think the last phone call got through to them though, not heard from them again

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
I bought my helga through Motorhome depot!! I obviously paid a commission etc but I was very happy with the service I got! Not rushed, seemed very proffesional and I enjoyed the whole experience! Ian x

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Have a search on the forum as they have been discussed a few times on here. My understanding is that you have local 'agents' who work by franchise? Depending which area you're dealing with experiences seem to vary from 'don't bother' to Ian's. When we were looking we had problems getting them to respond when they advertised ones we were interested in.

I think there is also a dealership called motorhome depot which is nothing to do with the broker business.

OP
OP
PeteH

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Have a search on the forum as they have been discussed a few times on here. My understanding is that you have local 'agents' who work by franchise? Depending which area you're dealing with experiences seem to vary from 'don't bother' to Ian's. When we were looking we had problems getting them to respond when they advertised ones we were interested in.

I think there is also a dealership called motorhome depot which is nothing to do with the broker business.
Thanks;-

BTW:- This:-

Always look on the bright side of life
If life seems jolly rotten,
There's something you've forgotten!
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing........ Monty Python

Was played at my Mates ( A well loved Market Trader of 60 years) Funeral as they carried him out for burial. Over 750peaple joined in. A definite Tear in the eye job that was.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
A while back I contacted them twice and no response.

I'm glad they didn't now as I'm more than happy with my, new to me, MoHo

magicmax1

Free Member
Mar 20, 2018
Funster No

Craig
Hi to all
I know exactly what you mean, when i was selling my motorhome, motorhome depot contacted me offered me a reasonable deal
at the time i asked if they could find a motorhome to part exchange, all they were interested in was getting my motorhome on there books, and once your there, you are stuck there, you cant sell withoutt them, and there knowlage of my motorhome was zero, not impressed and wouldnt use them ever

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
My one experience of them was very positive. Saw a van I liked on Ebay, contacted them, chap rang me and explained that before I went a very long way to look at it it was an ex-hire van and he would email me some more pictures. The van was priced quite cheaply.

The pictures of course revealed lots of bits of minor damage - but - full credit to Motorhome Depot for being upfront with me and saving me a long trip.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
I was working on the van parked on the drive and a guy gave me a leaflet for Motorhome Depot. After talking for a few minutes I realised he knew little about them. Didn't want to buy the van but offered to sell it for me. Gave him short shrift.

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Motorhomedepot have an RV for sale on e-bay. Advertised as a 'Winnebago Terra'. That shows how much they know about MoHo's. Winnebago do NOT make the Terra, Fleetwood do! Obviously everything made in the USA is a Winnebago, according to them.

Craig

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I tried to view two vans from them before I bought franky .....my experience they knew nothing about what they were selling but adamantly refused to let me speak with the owner didn't bother in the end.

Funnily enough the people I bought franky from had used motorhome depot initially to try and sell it.

After 4 months with no success they stuck a private ad on outdoor live and I bought it from them

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

I think you have nailed it pretty spot on there Debs.

Martin

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
I sold my Buccaneer Clipper through the Mansfield Motorhome Depot They were pretty good with everything I got what I wanted out of the deal and everyone seemed happy.I bought my Fleetwood privately on Fleabay

Dec 5, 2017
York, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Almost approaching average
Hi to all
I know exactly what you mean, when i was selling my motorhome, motorhome depot contacted me offered me a reasonable deal
at the time i asked if they could find a motorhome to part exchange, all they were interested in was getting my motorhome on there books, and once your there, you are stuck there, you cant sell withoutt them, and there knowlage of my motorhome was zero, not impressed and wouldnt use them ever
Not entirely true. We looked at a van through them. Liked it. Had communications issues with them. Seller wasn’t happy with them either. He gave them a months notice. I bought the van from him the day after contract ended. Both of us saved money.
I think honestly it’s going to vary across their franchisees. Some will be good. Some won’t. That’s life.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I've never been a fan of them and experiences do seem to vary with the agent, some friends just brought a van via them last week and had a very good experience. Saw the van loved it paid and drove it home using Motorhome dept 10 day insurance.
I don't think the seller got a very good deal van was already under priced and friends knocked another 4k off it.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I've never been a fan of them and experiences do seem to vary with the agent, some friends just brought a van via them last week and had a very good experience. Saw the van loved it paid and drove it home using Motorhome dept 10 day insurance.
I don't think the seller got a very good deal van was already under priced and friends knocked another 4k off it.

After MH depot took their few grand the seller will have got a pittance then.

Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
Happened to be sited adjacent to a contractor who does work for M.D. last autumn, so l learned a little about them. First thing is that it’s a big concern, I just looked they currently have 498 moho’s for sale !
That must make them one of the largest in the UK if not the largest, and as we all know large companies usually get the most negative reviews. As it was explained to me there are two parts to the business, the main bit being the moho brokerage, but they also own and sell themselves. In any event the company produces sufficient revenue to allow the boss to bob around the Med on his yacht in the summer.

Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
I looked at a N & B Arto near Inverness. The van was spotless absolutely immaculate and as described by MoHo Depot.
I was very impressed with the build quality of the Arto, the only thing wrong with it was the plastic badge on the bonnet was coming away, this was pointed out in the video.
But before we went to see it, they insisted we see photos, they sent us over 100 photos and a video. We didn't buy it in the end because the wife wanted more living space, and having a fixed bed didn't give us that.

I spoke to the MOHO Depot lady, she was very professional and knew what she was selling. They also sold new vans as another business, maybe that helped with their moho knowledge ?
We bought our van through Bundesvan in the end, as there was only 3 B544's for sale at the time, and theirs looked the best.

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!

Craig
Your reputation goes before you Craig:LOL::LOL::LOL::whistle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back