Motorhome depot Congleton (1 Viewer)

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
You'll have to work your magic on 'Name The Place' - I'm struggling with it. :RollEyes:

Id forgotten about that thread!...ill have a look:thumb:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
When we were looking to upgrade we had 3 vehicles advertised by motorhome depot that we wished to view.

None of the viewings happened with the appointments being cancelled at the last minute.

They then bombarded us with telephone calls trying to sell us vehicles we werent interested in.

I dont want to scare you but

If you get a viewing via a broker and then decide to buy the vehicle be very careful on how payment is made and who hands over the vehicle etc.

If you pay motorhome depot and/or any other broker and they do not pay the seller but give you the motorhome, then the original owner could report it as stolen and it could be seized and you would have to prove you had not stolen it. Even with proof it may not be returned to you.

If you pay a broker and you dont get the vehicle, the recourse is very tricky.

If you pay the owner and they dont pay the broker there is possible recourse against you through the small claim courts for not completing the deal via the broker.

If you have free legal advice via your bank, mortgage or work or union if you are in one, please check this out with them.

Good luck

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jazzbow

Free Member
May 13, 2012
West Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
new
We purchased our MH through them last year. The vehicle was in Hull so the owners drove to the Motorhome depot office in Mansfield and we met them there. We too were a little hesitant and insisted that we paid off the loan directly to the bank, but having seen how it works now I'm not sure that was necessary. I also organised for a local guy to check the vehicle for us.
The people who owned the MH paid the broker £500 I think.

They were very busy at the time,I can understand your anxiety but really all they are doing is taking the legwork out of selling. I would probably use them if I were to sell up.
The sales guy was a little pushy but I suppose that's to be expected.
Hope this helps but if you want to know anything more just pm me. :thumb:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Yes I remember now - it was RDH - they used to be a Chausson dealer. From what I understand, they went bump when the banking sector went belly up. I believe the banks called in the loans resulting in their demise. I think they still trade under the RDH name but as you will see from their website its a 'we sell owt.com'

http://www.rdh.co.uk

Last edited:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Seen that van on eBay.

Top quality van with a lovely layout but a huge beast :Eeek:

Might just have enough space for all your clutter too :roflmto:

I recognised it because of the edge transport truck.....

Spooky or got your name all over it.:winky:

Btw it's been for sale for some time.

RogeTeri

Free Member
Apr 8, 2012
Abrantes, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
February 2013.
I bought my van through them. Their franchise was in Nottingham and the van was in Manchester.I arranged to meet them in Manchester having travelled up from Peterborough. The van was exactly as described and I was well treated. I met the owners as well. I was a little anxious paying over the deposit and was assured that all monies are paid into a holding account and are not released until completion. `i paid the full amount into the bank account directly and received a receipt for each transaction. On the collection date I again travelled to Manchester and met with the owner and the agent. All paperwork was completed and I drove off. I am happy with the process, however the level of service could vary from one franchise to another.

OP
OP
edgy

edgy

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 25, 2011
bolton lancs
Funster No
MH
lo line
Exp
"I,m a newbie
Update

Thanks for all your kind replies. Icontacted the Broker yesterday by phone and he asked me to E.mail my details to him and then he would contact the owner and get back to me regarding a viewing this morning. To date i have not heard back from him. With help from funsters we managed to locate the van in Clwyd at a dealers premises. I rang them early this morning but did not get a reply. But you know what its like when you have got the bit between your teeth , so undeterred i set off to see if i could find the van. Found the van but the dealer was closed but managed to have a good look around it. I will ring the dealer in the morning and take it from there :thumb:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks for all your kind replies. Icontacted the Broker yesterday by phone and he asked me to E.mail my details to him and then he would contact the owner and get back to me regarding a viewing this morning. To date i have not heard back from him. With help from funsters we managed to locate the van in Clwyd at a dealers premises. I rang them early this morning but did not get a reply. But you know what its like when you have got the bit between your teeth , so undeterred i set off to see if i could find the van. Found the van but the dealer was closed but managed to have a good look around it. I will ring the dealer in the morning and take it from there :thumb:

A real Hercule Poirrot you are :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Yes I remember now - it was RDH - they used to be a Chausson dealer. From what I understand, they went bump when the banking sector went belly up. I believe the banks called in the loans resulting in their demise. I think they still trade under the RDH name but as you will see from their website its a 'we sell owt.com'

http://www.rdh.co.uk

I think RDH (which stands for reynolds driver hire) were based in Beeston near nottm and years ago imported Benimar motor homes.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
. Found the van but the dealer was closed but managed to have a good look around it. I will ring the dealer in the morning and take it from there :thumb:

Buy it direct and you will have good security buying from a dealer direct.

Peter

OP
OP
edgy

edgy

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 25, 2011
bolton lancs
Funster No
MH
lo line
Exp
"I,m a newbie
Well Peter if the Broker can not be bothered to contact me over a sale of a van i dont think his after sales would be up to much:Doh:

Jazzbow

Free Member
May 13, 2012
West Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
new
Well Peter if the Broker can not be bothered to contact me over a sale of a van i dont think his after sales would be up to much:Doh:

I don't think there is any 'after sales'- it's like buying privately

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
So what happened when you rang the dealer? You are a tease! ::bigsmile:

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Just resurected this thread, contacted Motorhome Depot yesterday morning about a vehicle for sale, still heard nothing from them...

Seems a strange way to conduct business, especially as the van has been for sale for a while !

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Never saw this thread when it was going but When we were looking for van last year we saw quite a few that we would have been interested in on there site, but just couldn't get any sense out of them at all and most of them were through the congelton guy they would be advertised in one place but then they would be in another some were private sales , if I was the person selling I wouldn't have been best pleased if I had known how they work.
Anyway in the end bought off a local bloke who buys and sells one or two at a time and been well pleased, no need for warranty cause nowt gone wrong::bigsmile:

sadlonelygit

Free Member
Jan 28, 2014
forest of dean
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
since 1975
good old jonathon strikes again.

we were interested in a dethleffs, but he wanted a 10% deposit just to view:ROFLMAO:
but i suppose taking £500 per sale off gulible sellers can't be all bad:Eeek:

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Thanks for the heads up, just confirming what I had feared....

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
good old jonathon strikes again.

we were interested in a dethleffs, but he wanted a 10% deposit just to view:ROFLMAO:
but i suppose taking £500 per sale off gulible sellers can't be all bad:Eeek:

Jonathon, that's the guy all coming back now:Doh::Doh::Eeek:

JONATHAN H

Free Member
Sep 2, 2013
congketon
Funster No
MH
coach
Exp
I am sorry if I offended you by asking for a deposit before viewing, but that is the way our model works. A deposit secures the motorhome, until its is viewed, and you can see it is as described. Our model works for a researched buyer, who will get 50 pictures of everything including any defects, so most clients, pay the deposit, and view and collect on the same visit.

I have been a broker for Motorhome Depot for 2 years, and personally sold 140 motorhomes, the model works well for buyers and sellers, and both get a good deal and good service. Brokerage is designed to professionalise the private sale, and I have many satisfied customers. It is a rewarding job!

Any questions please do not hesitate to call anytime!!

Jonathan

OP
OP
edgy

edgy

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 25, 2011
bolton lancs
Funster No
MH
lo line
Exp
"I,m a newbie
I am still waiting for a call from you over a year ago. Please do not use FUN to justify your incompetency. A lot of people have complained about you before and you seem to me the type of person that gives the motorhome industry a bad name. If you have just joined to write that post you have wasted a tenner which in my mind is justification for all the time you have wasted of other peoples:Angry:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Buying through a broker who has ro responsibility as regards warranty or fitness for purpose is very debatable.

An established and recognised franchised dealer can offer far more, serviced and warranted plus proper title to the vehicle plus part exchange and finance if required and if you have problems you can go back.

Just my two pence worth.

Peter

JONATHAN H

Free Member
Sep 2, 2013
congketon
Funster No
MH
coach
Exp
Hi Peter

Everyone has a choice where to buy from, and I do believe that I provide great value, and really competitive prices, we can also offer warranty, and of course proper title to the motorhomes when sold. The concept works really well.....

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi Peter

Everyone has a choice where to buy from, and I do believe that I provide great value, and really competitive prices, we can also offer warranty, and of course proper title to the motorhomes when sold. The concept works really well.....

Do you provide service facilities, new MOT, professional handover, part exhange, finance, proper back up after sales and not just some insurance based warranty. Are you present at every handover to make sure and inspect every van?

Do you have public liability insurance and full financial backing if the deal goes wrong or do you hide behind being a 'broker'

Peter

Family Guy

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
runcorn
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2001
I can only comment on my experience I've sold two van with motor home depot people seem to feel better buying from a business than a private individual I got what I wanted for the vans so not all bad

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I am still waiting for a call from you over a year ago. Please do not use FUN to justify your incompetency. A lot of people have complained about you before and you seem to me the type of person that gives the motorhome industry a bad name. If you have just joined to write that post you have wasted a tenner which in my mind is justification for all the time you have wasted of other peoples:Angry:

Me too, waited in vain this time last year when looking for new MH.

I totally share your view of them, he has been a member since Sept 13 so has managed well to hold off till now

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back