Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Looks like Motorhome Depot have spawned a bit of competition .

More leeches, just what we need.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
The Motorhome Depot is just a sales site as far as I can see. Our local rep also does caravan and motorhome storage about a mile from me. I think the claim of 'Europe's No.1' is a bit far fetched though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
PhilG

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Pet hate of mine... agents.... let me take a profit on something i have no financial stake in.

Obvs Motorhome Depot are well known to anyone trying to buy or sell, on Ebay, as anything you want if you are buying is through them , and if you sell , they pester the life out of you.

They didnt get the fact that i would rather set my van on fire , than let someone i dont know make money off it.

And now this new one .. have to say the name is rather cheeky . Selling 6 or so , as far as i can see.

LollyB

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Funster No
Johns_Cross_Motorhomes not sure where you got your information perhaps you’re confusing them with someone else? We have had first hand experience of Motorhome Department and they do give a warranty, service and MOT on all motorhomes irrespective of whether they own them or not.

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Interesting their name has appeared again @Rubyred had a van from them at the end of last year so is probably best placed for a recent report. We were out for a drive yesterday and found that they have moved from Hadley caravans site to a plot at the Mere Park garden centre on the edge of Newport (Shrops)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Johns_Cross_Motorhomes not sure where you got your information perhaps you’re confusing them with someone else? We have had first hand experience of Motorhome Department and they do give a warranty, service and MOT on all motorhomes irrespective of whether they own them or not.
Of course you aren't connected with them in any way, are you?????

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Excuse us if we get suspicious when somebody joins up and their first post praises a commercial organisation. Especially when it sounds more like spam.

It certainly makes me very wary about the organisation being praised and just what experience you are referring to. Owning them maybe???????

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Had a bit of experience with both, wouldn't touch motorhome depot, but the dealings we have had with motorhome department have been very good , yes they are both middlemen and if that's not what you want fair enough , but if you do want to go that way I think you can trust motorhome department.

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
www.themotorhomedepot.com. are a dealer in Redditch and not to be confused with www.motorhomedepot.com.
The Redditch dealer are Adria agents and a member of staff has offered to try and help Adria owners affected by the closure of Bristol dealer, via a Facebook post.
BTW no connection with Redditch dealer, but coincidentally did buy through the other motorhome depot some years ago and had a good experience.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Companies house view is interesting......... Registered as dissolved on 6th feb 2018 (!) Maybe a different company

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Excuse us if we get suspicious when somebody joins up and their first post praises a commercial organisation. Especially when it sounds more like spam.

It certainly makes me very wary about the organisation being praised and just what experience you are referring to. Owning them maybe???????
Makes you a tad more suspicious (if possible) when the thread they/he/she comment(s) on is 11 months old and must have been on page 247.
They/he/she did well to find it.
Makes me even more suspicious that they/he/she have not come back to answer questions about whether there is a connection to the company.
@LollyB

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Makes you a tad more suspicious (if possible) when the thread they/he/she comment(s) on is 11 months old and must have been on page 247.
They/he/she did well to find it.
Makes me even more suspicious that they/he/she have not come back to answer questions about whether there is a connection to the company.
@LollyB
Didn't notice that :doh:

Makes me even more suspicious.

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Maybe we touched a nerve when we were having a chat with the bloke who was there,just happened to mention MHF. :LOL:

Apr 26, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ellegance i810g
Exp
We have bought a Burstner Elegance i810g 2016 trough MH Department only this week, Chris has been very helpful and pulled out all the stops to sell our Burstner Aviano i728g 20133 within a week and we got exactly what we wanted for it.
He insisted that the Hab service was re done also the Mechanical Service (at his expense) Part of Warranty conditions apparently !!
He did provide us with a warranty through Caravan Guard but we still have plenty of Manufacturers warrant left on ours.
At no stage did he try to sell us anything he just says if you want it you will buy it.
don't knock it till you have tried it.
As regards the Poster who said Pet hate of Mine Agents.
We have all got where we are by hard graft and in doing that we got paid for what we did/do, how would we have felt if our Bosses had said , Pet hate of mine people wanting paying for what they do.!!!
Eric Armstrong Halifax no way related to MH Department

LollyB

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Funster No
Hi I googled Motorhome Department reviews and this came up. Their website says they give a warranty and MOT it’s easy to check

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
We have bought a Burstner Elegance i810g 2016 trough MH Department only this week, Chris has been very helpful and pulled out all the stops to sell our Burstner Aviano i728g 20133 within a week and we got exactly what we wanted for it.
He insisted that the Hab service was re done also the Mechanical Service (at his expense) Part of Warranty conditions apparently !!
He did provide us with a warranty through Caravan Guard but we still have plenty of Manufacturers warrant left on ours.
At no stage did he try to sell us anything he just says if you want it you will buy it.
don't knock it till you have tried it.
As regards the Poster who said Pet hate of Mine Agents.
We have all got where we are by hard graft and in doing that we got paid for what we did/do, how would we have felt if our Bosses had said , Pet hate of mine people wanting paying for what they do.!!!
Eric Armstrong Halifax no way related to MH Department
Edited first bit as I now understand who you are referring to. Is the "Chris" you refer to the same Christopher Blackwell who is/was the sole director of the company called Motorhome Department Ltd that is being dissolved this coming Tuesday?

Hi I googled Motorhome Department reviews and this came up. Their website says they give a warranty and MOT it’s easy to check
And you felt so strongly that you joined us immediately just to tell us that information once you had happened to notice a 9 month old thread referring to them?????

Wow ............ what a happy coincidence ................

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
Only advantage with using a broker is any problems broker will get the grief and your response allright when i had it never had a problem with it.
Buyer beware i think

LollyB

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Funster No
Edited first bit as I now understand who you are referring to. Is the "Chris" you refer to the same Christopher Blackwell who is/was the sole director of the company called Motorhome Department Ltd that is being dissolved this coming Tuesday?

And you felt so strongly that you joined us immediately just to tell us that information once you had happened to notice a 9 month old thread referring to them?????

Wow ............ what a happy coincidence ................

I did join to pass a comment you’re right but what exactly is wrong with that? I thought the whole point to a forum was for people to discuss points/issues etc. I commented on a point someone had made which I knew to be wrong, wouldn’t you do the same? Isn’t that the whole point to discuss things and advise people if you know something to be correct or incorrect?

ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
Bought my van from Chris Love Caravans 3 years ago and they STILL help, when they can.

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I did join to pass a comment you’re right but what exactly is wrong with that? I thought the whole point to a forum was for people to discuss points/issues etc. I commented on a point someone had made which I knew to be wrong, wouldn’t you do the same? Isn’t that the whole point to discuss things and advise people if you know something to be correct or incorrect?
Well what is wrong with that is that to join up and in your first post defend or praise a company is usually the actions of a spammer associated with that company, and spamming is not allowed on this forum. And, in order to find the thread you are commenting on which is 9 months old, you either specifically searched the whole forum to find any reference to Motorhome Department or were incredibly fortunate.

I apologise if you do not have any connections at all with Motorhome Department. I will reserve further judgement and see how many other posts you make on this forum and what they are about. But to post any more than 5 times you will need to become a subscriber, so you only have 2 left. Best £15 you will spend though.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Warranties can be bought independently. Bought mine. Paid monthly. Paid for new front spring and fridge repair.

Jun 16, 2022
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Hi there. My dad has been approached by Chris Blackwell of this company to buy his motorhome he has for sale. I don't trust him. Anyone had any recent dealings with this man/company? Rose

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back