Motorhome Dealer Reviews

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by crankies, May 20, 2015.

1. crankies

crankies Read Only Funster

Hi Just wondered if anyone had purchased a motorhome from KPC Leisure ltd in Dorset .I have search for reviews but no avail.

2. Ethle the wondervan

Ethle the wondervan

Be careful, ALL dealers are descended from horse traders!

• Like Like x 3
  3. Brian and Jo

Brian and Jo Funster Life Member

Quite a damming remark that:( we have been motorhoming for about 20yrs and have never bought privately and always from a dealer.we have never really had a bad experience.
    Brian & Jo

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ethle the wondervan

Ethle the wondervan

That's how they work on you. They lull you into a false sense of security and then when your defences are down - WHAM !! They stuff you proper with a right lemon.
    Next time you visit a dealer, tell them you know what they're up to and you'll be alright.
    Dealers look at me as if I'm daft !.........;)

• Like Like x 2
  5. bernardfeay

bernardfeay Read Only Funster

A new vehicle is a new vehicle with warranty. A second hand vehicle is pot luck. Some will be in very good condition, some won't. The tricky bit is getting things fixed when they go wrong.

There are two main wriggles, first, they will consider any problem to be normal wear and tear, second they will book you in and keep you without a vehicle for many days if not weeks. They won't even be working on it even though you could be enjoying it.

My advice would be to send an email to them stating your understanding of what has been agreed. Don't make it obvious that you are building a paper trail, just confirm some minor detail in the email and add in your concerns.

Nothing quite as comforting as having proof. I still have a lovely text from Brownhills telling me where the air conditioning switch is - those few words were worth £2100 after they failed to defend the claim in court.

6. Brian and Jo

Sorry but totally disagree with you.we have a retail business and believe it or not we have to make a profit to exist.I also believe that the way the customer approaches a company reflects on how the company will deal with that customer.95% of our customers are brilliant but the small percentage are rude,arrogant and sometimes nasty.anyway im a firm supporter of the dealers and always will be.
    Brian & Jo

• Like Like x 5
  7. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Ummm.. I think you are missing the humour fact in both the posts !!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Brian and Jo

Sorry Jaws I thought I had quite a good sense of humour but I just couldn't see the funny side of the 2 posts.i wouldn't be very happy if someone post on here that all tyre dealers are there to rip people off.sorry but just the way it came over too me.
    Brian & Jo

9. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

All tyre dealers are there to rip people off.

:D:imoutahere:

• Like Like x 4
  10. jonandshell

jonandshell Funster

2 vans, 2 crap dealers.

It's not hard to see how we have formed our opinions of the industry!:)

11. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

I must have been lucky. 2 vans and 2 fantastic and nice dealers ( Becks and John's Cross).

12. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

A few vans.. Two of which were dealer bought and up to a point happy with both ( but with reservations on the 2nd, our present one )

13. Sue

Sue Funster

Would be van- 1 dealer - trying to get the dealer to committ to a date when they will finish working on it ( snails pace is how i would describe it). Frustration! as dealer appears to be trying, but i am finding it really trying!

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  14. Emmie

Emmie Read Only Funster

15. zac

zac Funster Life Member

I have brought 2 new motorhomes in the last 2 years, the first dealer (http://www.motorhomesltd.com/) absolutely shocking after sales to the point i just wanted no more part of them or the Motorhome we brought which was an Elddis Autoquest 155. The 2nd dealer which I brought a new Autotrail Delaware has been absolutely fine even with the issues we have had (not there fault but there sprayers). Brought this from Brownhills in newark which i have read dont have good reviews but i will only speak as i find. I did a lot of research before i brought this 2nd one but it was the massive difference in price that eventually won it (over 5k difference in part exchange than any others i tried which was a lot inc the recommendations on here). I would just be super cautious and if it doesn't feel right walk away.