Dec 13, 2008
south yorkshire, Benidorm
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
4 years
Hi all,
My wife Sylv has been so kind as to buy me a full cover for the new bus,only to be told by some friends they had been advised not to use one, as it would both scratch the paintwork and cause condensation,any advice from the funsters ?

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Its a matter of personal choice, really - lots of people have strong views about covers, either for or against!! The fabric used is very important - most are now "breathable" fabrics which avoid condensation. The interior of the motorhome should not be heated if you have a cover on, or it may cause condensation to form. Obviously, cooking in the motorhome or using any gas appliances is also inadvisable while the cover is on. :roflmto:

As for scratching - well, if the motorhome is clean when it is covered and the cover is properly secured then you shouldn't have a problem. I've covered vehicles in this manner for years and have never suffered any "scratching" or rubbing.

Its up to you really - covering a motorhome is really a two-person job, so lots of people don't bother as its a bit of a mission. Also, many leave some form of heating on low, inside, over the coldest periods, to avoid condebsation, so covering would not be sensible. You can get roof covers instead of full covers to avoid the roof becoming a green mess - some people prefer these instead.

Enjoy your motorhome as much as possible, then it won't become necessary to cover it that often!!

Laurie:winky:

Upvote 0

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi,

Half covers are the best, but if you are worried about scratching, put some cling film over the bits you are worried about like plastic windows etc.

Regards

Peter

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back