Free Member
Jan 15, 2008
South Wales Vallys
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since October 07 but Caravanning since 1972
We are thinking of buying a Pro Tec cover for our M/H it is kept out on storage.
Any one got any comments on them good or bad.
Thanks
Maureen

Senator

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Worthing
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 Years
We are thinking of buying a Pro Tec cover for our M/H it is kept out on storage.
Any one got any comments on them good or bad.
Thanks
Maureen

Hi Maureen

I have a Pro Tec cover for my motorhome and although I haven't actually used it yet it appears to be very good quality. Being such big vehicles to wash the big appeal is the van staying dry and clean over the winter months when we won't use it so often. Not sure yet how quick and easy it is to fit, and I know it won't look quite so pretty in the front garden (not a problem for you) but the benifits out weigh the dis-advantages.

What ever make you go for make sure it is breathable! Pro Tec have patterns for many vans so can ensure the access door aligns with the M/H.

My cover was purchased by the previous owner who used it and there is no detriment to the vehicle in any way.

Hope this helps.

Mark.

OP
OP
MaureenD

MaureenD

Free Member
Jan 15, 2008
South Wales Vallys
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since October 07 but Caravanning since 1972
Motorhome cover

Hi Mark
Thanks for the info great thanks
Maureen

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Hi folks
A word of caution
I use a cover over my motorbike and the damn thing's rubbed the paint-off on the corners, the same thing's happened on my outboard on my boat. :Angry:
I thought a cover would be a good idea but having seen the outcome if they move in the wind i won't be putting one on the van.
That said, i'm sure the m/home covers you've got will be better quality than the ones i used.

regards...nige

ps Both covers have a lining to prevent paint damage :thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Never used a cover myself, but over the years I have heard more bad than good for using them. Mostly to do with damage that even the best ones cause if left out exposed to the wind. Great inside to keep the dust off, but if you keep your motorhome outside I think its best just to keep it well polished:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back