Motorhome covers (1 Viewer)

Mar 29, 2010
Hebden Bridge
Funster No
MH
Moto Trek Xcite EB
Exp
Since Sept 2011
I have an open barn to keep my new purchase in for a few weeks but then it will need to go outside while we use it (the barn silly) to store hay. The barn is also home to some swallows so I am thinking of getting a cover. I have read differing views on covers and have found a company, Leisureshack, that do them for a reasonable price; but am I wasting my money?:Doh:

Any thoughts or experiences?:thumb:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
I have always thought covers cause more problems than they are worth.

Have seen motorhomes and caravans that the surface has been damaged by the cover despite them being made to measure, and costing a lot of money it does not seem to matter how well fitted they all seem to rub in the wind in the end. I am not sure but feel a well maintained van is far better off being able to breath, can't prove this but it has always been my opinion. Unless you have a dry undercover place to store then I would sooner take my chance outside.

All the vans I have had have always been kept outside without a cover.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font VendĂ´me
Exp
Since 2004
Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole!! Ours stands out in storage on a farm and we have never had a problem, 3 vans over 8 years. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
I bought one but never used it after realising it was just catch bucket loads of water on the roof due to Sat dish, solar panel, hatches, roof rack e.t.c.

I guess handy as a dust cover for use inside, I have a brand new one never used for a 7.5mtr motorhome if you are looking for one :winky:

Douzeper

Funster
Nov 23, 2010
Antrim, Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Can't comment on Motorhomes but I'm sure they are not much different.

I have kept classic cars for years and the cover question has came up time and time again.

The best thing IMO is a Car Port design, cars kept in a damp garage sit and rot slowly, cars kept in a heated garage are great but unless its nice and warm you are better of with your vehicle outside. It gets wet - it drys out.

If you don't have a heated garage/shed a car port is the best, it doesn't get wet and if it gets damp it has plenty of air around it to dry out.

A friend of mine who has been caravaning since before the dinasours reckons a caravan should not be kept in the dry as it drys out to much, wood shrinks and breaks the seals which cause leaks.

OP
OP
Drew
Mar 29, 2010
Hebden Bridge
Funster No
MH
Moto Trek Xcite EB
Exp
Since Sept 2011
OK that looks like a thumbs do:thumbdown:wn then
Glad I asked first cos I thought it might be a good idea but had some reservations, now I know:thumb::thanks:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back