Motorhome cover

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by irnbru, Dec 6, 2013.

1. irnbru

irnbru Funster Life Member

Wind was so horrendous looking yesterday. It appeared the front of the motorhome suspension was moving up and down so I panicked, called mum and she came to the house. We noticed the cover was ripping so we thought it best to remove it. My neighbour has a brand new car and we were trying to avoid the cover hitting it as we removed it....resulting in mum holding onto it as I unstrapped it. As it came off she took off with it like a kite then fell on the ground in amongst the cover. Poor mum has hurt all her neck and side. Glad she never broke any bones.

2. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

I'm glad your parascending mother was not hurt too badly. Motorhome covers should only be use when the van is undercover in storage out of the wind. to keep dust and bird droppings off. Outdoors in any sort of wind it will eventually damage your gel coat on the fibreglass causing it to leak. It may also smash windows if the flapping is excessive.

3. busby

busby Funster

My cover was shredded when i left van in storage in France one winter. Waste of time. BUSBY:BigGrin:

4. injebreck99

injebreck99 Funster

I always leave my M/H parked long term in gear with the handbrake off, yesterday it was moving backwards and forwards, due to the slack in the transmission I suppose, and also rocking from side to side on the suspension as well, scary, !!

5. irnbru

Mums is sitting with handbrake off too so maybe that contributed to the vehicle moving.

6. camcondor

camcondor Read Only Funster

I used a Fiamma roof cover for several years while the van was on the drive as we have so many trees and birds..........worked brilliantly and never came loose or damaged the MH in any way whatever the weather - i suppose it depends on a lot of different variables - how the cover is lashed down, the materials used, angle of the wind approach, windspeed etc. i would recommend thenroof cover though, saved hours of cleaning!

7. irnbru

Bet you felt it was a waste of money...Must admit I quite liked driving home from work tonight and seeing a MH rather than just a cover.