LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Wind was so horrendous looking yesterday. It appeared the front of the motorhome suspension was moving up and down so I panicked, called mum and she came to the house. We noticed the cover was ripping so we thought it best to remove it. My neighbour has a brand new car and we were trying to avoid the cover hitting it as we removed it....resulting in mum holding onto it as I unstrapped it. As it came off she took off with it like a kite then fell on the ground in amongst the cover. Poor mum has hurt all her neck and side. Glad she never broke any bones.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I'm glad your parascending mother was not hurt too badly. Motorhome covers should only be use when the van is undercover in storage out of the wind. to keep dust and bird droppings off. Outdoors in any sort of wind it will eventually damage your gel coat on the fibreglass causing it to leak. It may also smash windows if the flapping is excessive.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
My cover was shredded when i left van in storage in France one winter. Waste of time. BUSBY::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
I always leave my M/H parked long term in gear with the handbrake off, yesterday it was moving backwards and forwards, due to the slack in the transmission I suppose, and also rocking from side to side on the suspension as well, scary, !!

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I always leave my M/H parked long term in gear with the handbrake off, yesterday it was moving backwards and forwards, due to the slack in the transmission I suppose, and also rocking from side to side on the suspension as well, scary, !!

Mums is sitting with handbrake off too so maybe that contributed to the vehicle moving.

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
I used a Fiamma roof cover for several years while the van was on the drive as we have so many trees and birds..........worked brilliantly and never came loose or damaged the MH in any way whatever the weather - i suppose it depends on a lot of different variables - how the cover is lashed down, the materials used, angle of the wind approach, windspeed etc. i would recommend thenroof cover though, saved hours of cleaning!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
My cover was shredded when i left van in storage in France one winter. Waste of time. BUSBY::bigsmile:

Bet you felt it was a waste of money...Must admit I quite liked driving home from work tonight and seeing a MH rather than just a cover.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back