motorhome clubs forums and the like

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by PORKSTER, Oct 22, 2014.

1. PORKSTER

PORKSTER Funster

I am a paid up member here £10 superb value for money to be 100% truthful I can't tell you the full benefits. What I can tell you is the forum members give great advice and bloody friendly bunch online. I have saved a few bob buying from members and have read some great info.

I am also a member of CCC but will review this at end of year I'm not sure I'm getting the value but do enjoy the odd ths the CCC sites appear to be expensive now and can never get on. I joined the caravan club at Lincoln for 1 reason 2 free nights so that recoup my money and also want to use there longleat site with grandkids next year. Will I rejoin I doubt I will find it worth my while but never say never but don't want expense of 2 clubs.

Then there is a couple of other forums facts haven't looked at in years so forget them a couple of Facebook pages I look at and occasionly out and about live. Another forum/club just mailed me wild camping for motorhomes think its about 20 a year that's double this club and I'm struggling to see the value but I could be very wrong.

I considerd the motorhome club £35 quid I think for what ? I don't get that 1 bit what can/do they offer. Then because I bought a Burstner and I struggled to get specific info I thought I'll join them yearly membership again starts Jan £20 a year I think. Then after some time its so many quid a month if you join late in year but you fill out rolling standing order for your yearly membership for what ? You don't get a free look at forum or anything I proberlybwould have joined but get this you send a cheque remember them ? And the filled out form in post. Really in this day and age it should be couple of clicks of a button if it was I would have given it a go.

So that's my Ramblings what clubs do you enjoy and use and why it would be very expensive joining them all buying all the books maps etc I forgot to mention apps acsi pub stops France passion etc.

Looking forward to your replys

• Like Like x 3
  2. movan

movan Funster Life Member

Hi Porkster, I cancelled all my other clubs because I wasn't using them enough... If I do need to use one of their campsites I can usually do so as a non-member so it working out cheaper for me, and financially I do have to be careful.

Love your Burstner by the way.

• Like Like x 2
  3. emmitdb

emmitdb Funster

Through the Motorcaravanner Club we went away for five nights to a big site at Perrenporth for £25 including electric. We also bolted on a couple of nights onto one of their rallies when we enjoyed a couple of nights at another huge (wouldn't go there normally ) site at Brean.
    I have to say that the older I get, the more I think along the lines of "What's in it for me"
    Under that principal the Caravan Club is looking a certainty to be axed next year.

This Club however, is in another league when it comes to value and inclusivity. Been on a Fun rally and enjoyed every minute and the advice, humour and general good natured banter couldn't be bought elsewhere for a tenner.
    The Fun is probably single handed in making sure that our first 'van purchase was not a mistake and one with which we are still ecstatically happy.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Flyingscotsman2

Flyingscotsman2

I have found the members who are on here are on other forums. If u ask a question here ull get the same answer on any other forums.

5. FJmike

FJmike Funster

I joined France Passion not long after we purchased our first motorhome, I thought it reasonable value for money even in the years when we only got to visit one host. I was delighted to learn late last year that this years membership would be free as its my tenth year. You don't see any motorhome / camping clubs on this side of the channel offering anything for ten years membership

• Like Like x 2
  6. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

But faster here

7. DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe Funster Life Member

Would that by any chance be because you are asking the same question of the same people? :D

8. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

Fun is now my main forum, kicked Fact's into touch some time ago. Only problem is half the buggers are on here as well :)

MCC Is my main club as we like to rally with them..

Most info / campsites / stopovers you can find with a few web searches.
    CL's and CS's we dont use in UK so no real need for one of the big clubs..

• Like Like x 2
  9. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

Cost`s me a fortune in sub`s but worth it..

A.A... Unmarried Fathers... Support a Solicitor... Free Fags for Pensioners...

The list is endless....... but by far the best is The "Funsters" for value for money and friendship.... (y)

• Like Like x 7
  10. Geordies

Geordies Funster

Only other forum / club we are on apart from here is the Ford Transit owners club or some such name, just because the MH is based on a MK7 Tranny.

Might join Brit-stops next year tho.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Flyingscotsman2

Flyingscotsman2

Well captain u do give the same answers

12. DuxDeluxe

I think that you will find most people give the same answers if asked the same question several times. Come to think of it, a bit surprising if they don't ;)

No worries (y)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Peter & Elaine

Peter & Elaine Funster

We are members of cc&c and done a couple of rally's but they tend to be a bit stiff but good value and in nice places

Now fun rally's are full of people we already know through the forum even if we have not met them mostly nutters with a drink problem or a fetish for dressing up
    And our rally's numbers seem to be increasing with more members arranging them
    We should soon be not only the best forum but one of the biggest rally clubs around
    So bye bye all the rest and long live fun

• Like Like x 2
  14. Daz n Tina

Daz n Tina Funster

I thought about joining a swingers club. But I have realised that I'm to knackered after working six days a week to receive the full benefits, so I will just stick to fun

• Like Like x 8
  15. FIDGET

FIDGET Funster

By far the best site (fun that is) the only other club in Uk I/we use CC for there club sites and Cs's I also subscibe to motorhomingfrance for I great directory of aires and some campsites.

16. lorger

lorger Funster

You haven't been to the special meet yet then :)

17. DuxDeluxe

Swingers club? Is that a club where they do nothing but talk about improving their golf shots.........

• Like Like x 1
  18. emmitdb

emmitdb Funster

If we go to that one I'll take the Audi.
    No ones getting the keys to my Hobby.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Bailey58

Bailey58 Funster Life Member

We belong to Crufts, they have some good dogging doggy meets.

• Like Like x 4
  20. DuxDeluxe

image.jpg

• Like Like x 14