MOTORHOME BUMP (1 Viewer)

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Cripes, puts my little fender bender the other day into perspective. Cab parts should be cheap enough and readily available, motorhome parts are neither, new bumper for mine is £1500 for a bit of Germany's finest polycrackathene ! Getting a Polish chap to have a go at plastic welding it, might end up looking like Frankenstein's monster though :(

Attachments

• 20140815_095347[1].jpg
    20140815_095347[1].jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 37

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Cripes, puts my little fender bender the other day into perspective. Cab parts should be cheap enough and readily available, motorhome parts are neither, new bumper for mine is £1500 for a bit of Germany's finest polycrackathene ! Getting a Polish chap to have a go at plastic welding it, might end up looking like Frankenstein's monster though :(
My wife has a cure-all for such things. Got the bits? Then it's BLU-TACK TIME!!(y)(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
that looks a bit beyond welding. however reassemble with tape on the back and these people can make a replacement at sensible money using the damaged bumper as a mould

http://www.eeco-ltd.co.uk

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Probably a tad insensitive to ask but how did the interior of the van behave in the accident?

OP
OP
norrie14

norrie14

Free Member
Apr 24, 2011
glasgow
Funster No
MH
roller team
Exp
no damage I could see inside just every thing not tied down was on floor

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Probably a tad insensitive to ask but how did the interior of the van behave in the accident?
Hope the black waste stayed put!! :Eeek:

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
hi posted then had lay down for a bit awoke this morning was behind

artic lorry some one suddenly
turns right artic slams brakes just stops I didn't not much to say but thinking the van is a loss spent ages
looking for one I could use every day and park in parking space early days with insurance but fully
comp so not expecting any trouble we shall see
I thought that looked like lorry damage

Hope you get it sorted ok ......im with you though looks like a write off

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
hi posted then had lay down for a bit awoke this morning was behind

artic lorry some one suddenly
turns right artic slams brakes just stops I didn't not much to say but thinking the van is a loss spent ages
looking for one I could use every day and park in parking space early days with insurance but fully
comp so not expecting any trouble we shall see

I really feel for you I had a similar experience last Monday driving down the A1 from the M62 but my motorhome was undamaged luckily.
Traffic was quite heavy I had a white van in front of me and another behind me and traffic in the outside lane when an elderly man towing a caravan pulled straight out of a lay by in front of the van in front of me fortunately I had quite a good braking distance and managed to stop before I hit the van at least I know my brakes work!!!!!
Looking in my rear view camera the one behind me looked almost in my garage but hadn't hit me.
As I went past the car and caravan he was waving his fist at the van in front of me he obviously thought he should have stopped to let him out.
Then coming back up the A1 on Saturday evening I had a car playing silly devils slowing down so I had to overtake then speeding up he got fed up of doing it to me and started on a car up in front ....the car wasn't so lucky and ended up going off the road at a slip road .....the idiot driver stopped but I'm sure I saw him speeding past me a bit later on .
I just hope the driver of the car that went off was ok
Do these people not realise thy are putting lives at risk.

SharonL

Free Member
Apr 14, 2013
Rossendale
Funster No
MH
Him RV - me Bongo!
Exp
Just starting
Ouch, what a shame, glad nobody is hurt though. Hope all is fixed soon and you can get back on the road again

OP
OP
norrie14

norrie14

Free Member
Apr 24, 2011
glasgow
Funster No
MH
roller team
Exp