Motorhome breakdown cover (1 Viewer)

Jonybakery

Free Member
Mar 13, 2010
Funster No
Hi all,

Am thinking about getting myself some motorhome breakdown cover and was wondering if people would recommend any particular companies? I'll be in Europe for more than 90 days also.

Cheers
Jon

frank lisky

Free Member
Apr 7, 2010
Funster No
Hi all,

Am thinking about getting myself some motorhome breakdown cover and was wondering if people would recommend any particular companies? I'll be in Europe for more than 90 days also.

Cheers
Jon

if you have insurance through sureterm and your motorhome is less than 10 years old you have upto 90 days european breakdown cover automatically this covers any size or weight under no circumstances take cover out with the AA if your vehicle is over 3.5 tonnes as they will give you a policy for any vehicle even if you tell them its over 3.5 tonnes but will not recover it also try contacting the caravan club as they also do motorhome recovery but i do not know upto what weight they will cover hope this helps
frank lisky

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
If you insure your van with SafeGuard, you can get 360 days cover for a pittance. I did!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
Hi all,

Cheers
Jon

We are with Comfort and have (Fulltiming) 365 day UK and EU+ cover including breakdowns.

We have just had to use it in the Lakes when our Fan Belt tensioner gave out. 100% all round from RAC Commercial 7m Motorhome at 4600kg loaded.

oddjob

Free Member
May 26, 2009
Cleveleys Nr Blackpool
Funster No
Exp
next monday hopefully
Did mine for the first time a few weeks ago,wasn't covered with the insurance i had taken out ,the quotes i had a were between £ 59 and £160 ,settled with these not had to use them yet (touch wood)so cant comment on the service but the price seemed reasonable ,
http://www.quotelinedirect.co.uk/?IN38
oddjob

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
Hi Jon,

We're with Safeguard, where the breakdown and recovery services are included, UK and Europe all year. Never had to use the breakdown, though, so I can't comment on that aspect of the service. Bizarrely, the breakdown/recovery service is supplied by the AA, even though it covers vehicles over 3.5. tonnes, which the AA would normally refuse (as mentioned in an earlier post).

Safeguard's service generally is excellent - friendly people on the phone and at shows, who do what they say will. I rang once to tell them I was going abroad with the van. The reply was: "No need to tell us, you have a motorhome - we expect you to go abroad."::bigsmile:

Good luck with your search
Stephen

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back