Motorhome breakdown cover for Europe

Discussion in 'Motorhome Insurance General Discussion' started by swidy, Sep 23, 2015.

1. swidy

swidy Funster

I have just phoned RAC arrival through camping and caravanning club for a quote for breakdown cover £121.50 (7.4 m long 3.850 ton) which I thought was very reasonable but it only covers me for up to 90 days per trip in Europe and only 1 call out per trip, is this normal of breakdown companies or am I looking in the wrong place to get cover.

2. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

Sounds real poor to me....
    Like many others i just have it combined with vehicle insurance through Safeguard or Comfort, maybe something to consider for next time..

As a back up we have a Nationwide flex plus bank account, costs £10 a month but gives breakdown cover on all our vehicles, inc motorhome up to 7.5t.. Travel insurance and other benefits..

3. SUGGY

SUGGY Funster Life Member

Just renewed with safegaurd for the 4th time ...

Full breakdown and 365 day cover for going out of the UK and including Green card for Morocco £ 372 ... ( rated at 4 ,000 kg and 6.7 mt )

i also have ADAC for Morocco €95 but as many know ,i could not get any help when i called them as i did not speak German....

4. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

1.... £372 you was robbed... :) £299 and my vans heavier !!
    Then again I have seen you drive. :doh:
    2.. Dont speak German.. !!!!
    Mein Gott , was nächsten . !

:rofl::rofl:

5. vwalan

vwalan Funster

when i was going to morocco . lots of my friends and me carry and still carry strong solid tow bars or good straps to tow friends back to the eu.
    or to a garage to get fixed .
    make sure you have a good strong place permanent on your front end . to take a d shackle or a strap.
    most have tow bars on the back so towing is easy.
    making the wheels turn is usually easy . once in the port in spain . call eu brake down.
    or arange local pickup to a garage .

6. SUGGY

SUGGY Funster Life Member

Tonka are you with safeguard and on unlimited mileage ?

Comfort was cheaper but only 6k miles and 90 day cover plus £17.50 for a green card .
    When i added it all up they were well over £400 .

7. swidy

swidy Funster

Cheers for the reply's I've just spoke with Safeguard and got a quote of £365.65 for me and wife to drive with 365 days cover on both insurance and breakdown with no limits of length of trip sounds ok to me, I have insurance till march 2016 with CCC, that cost me £269.00 and they have quoted me £165.00 for breakdown cover. So as I am typing this I will be going with Safeguard and cancelling CCC all to change on 1st of November when we start our trip.

8. The Silvers

The Silvers Funster

Did a lot of checking before I first insured my Motorhome and eventually went with Lifesure, £306 including breakdown but limited to 270 days EU cover which will be ample for my first year.

• Like Like x 1