Motorhome awnings

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by finby, May 13, 2008.

1. finby

finby Read Only Funster

Does anybody know about motorhome awnings? What I'm after is somethinmg like a porch awning - a place where I can dry the dog and get the muddy boots off before entering the motorhome. I'm looking for freestanding, so I can drive away for the day, and "reconnect" to the awning with the minimum of fuss when I get back. Any ideas or advice will be gratefully recieved!

Regards
    Martin :thanks2::coolthumb::help:

2. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

The main factor we found when looking was obtaining an awning tall enough to fit our van. We eventually settled on a Khyam Motordome Excelsior, partly because friends have one and we were able to see how easy it was to erect and dismantle.

We wanted something we could use at our ECWS musters when we sometimes feed several people at the same time. The Khyam is expensive compared to some but does the job we want.

Graham

3. deepstar

deepstar Read Only Funster

driveaway awning

hi
    i used a highwayman 11 awning on my hotorhome just put it up the you can drive away for the day no one comes on your pitch
    i dont use it any more have chaged my motorhome and now if your interested in buying it get in touch
    rgds mary have omnistor roll out type

4. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Hi Martin,

If you want some free advice, have a punt round our website or give us a ring.

Peter
    Peter