Free Member
Jul 18, 2012
Northampton & Calvados Fr
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2012
Hi, looking for some advice for an awning for our A class Rapido. Ideally we want to attach it to slot in the Fiamma 45 wind out awning, (in the closed position). I am aware that a non-Fiamma make is likely to not fit well where it attaches to the van but I am drawn to the air type awnings like Kampa which seem to make for an easier life! Any ideas as to how this problem can be overcome?

The Fiamma awning will I am sure do the job well but any advice will be very welcome.

Thank you

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We have a Fiamma Awning F45S and a Vango Kela Air II Awning, this fits fine, it slots into any of the channels on the Awning front. The fit against the side of the van is not tight, there is a gap at the top the same size as the awning sticks out from the side of the van reducing as it goes down the side. I believe Kampa fit is very similar, although the side fit is a bit better :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gin Palace

Free Member
Apr 30, 2015
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero
Exp
Newbie!
We have a Kampa Air 390 it has a 6mm awning strip which is too tight to fit for the fiamma 45 awning so we had to buy a 4mm awning strip and sew it onto the kampa awning now it is a perfect fit
The Kampa Air is the best thing we have bought goes up in 4 mins with a hand pump or 1 min with an electric pump job done also they are really strong we had gale force winds at one campsite we stayed at and it hardly moved. Storm straps are extra.
Hope this helps!

OP
OP
Oldlag

Oldlag

Free Member
Jul 18, 2012
Northampton & Calvados Fr
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2012
Thank you for your helpful replies! Gin Palace's Kampa Air 390 would be our awning of choice but how much of a pain is the side gap? Also do you have any issues with draught under your van?

Gin Palace

Free Member
Apr 30, 2015
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero
Exp
Newbie!
We haven't got our new Motorhome yet we had it on our caravan but the strip sewn on is only an inch wider so shouldn't be much difference it fitted snug to the caravan wall.
The skirt that is supplied we are having eyelets Put on then adding suction hooks to MH so again it should fit fine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back