• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

WANTED Motorhome as below Now Purchased (1 Viewer)

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Hi all
Looking to purchase an A class MoHo. Ideally wanting a fixed rear bed over a garage area. Would prefer a separate shower but thats not a deal buster. A drop down bed over cab area would be handy. If she happens to have lots of extras i.e. solar etc all the better. Swmbo really wants an oven so that would be good as well.
Looking ideally for a Hymer or other German or Pilote maybe. Weight isn't a problem but would prefer a decent payload.Not worried about mileage but condition and service history is important.
LHD is preferred and a decent sized engine i.e. 2.5 or above.
Price looking to spend 30k ish and a bargain would be good :)
Finances in place and I'm not a messer (y)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
N+B Flair 8000 for sale on the N+B forum 8.5 metres loads of payload 6 tonne gross, right hand drive.

Not ours by the way, but I can give you a link if you want it @richr

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Its the second time its been advertised Martin - low mileage but advertised as a race truck :(

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Its the second time its been advertised Martin - low mileage but advertised as a race truck :(

Now if the car was chucked in as well I might even be tempted to have a Concorde myself, low mileage for sure too low possibly, I thought the race truck description was a bit confusing.

Martin

OP
OP
Silver-Fox

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Thanks for the replies
I should have said in my first post ideally looking for 7 to 7.5m around that length.

I regularly look on eBay etc but didn't see the Concorde as it couldn't have been listed under MoHo.

@funflair I would have snapped it up if the car was included (y)

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Might be worthwhile having a scan through here for some ideas and then "Googling" specific models that may be of interest?
Broken Link Removed

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Hi @richr,
We have a LeVoyageur 700 series Dressing for sale, it is the top end of The Pilot company and I am afraid to say is far better than the "Top of the Range" Hymer we have just bought.
We live in the South of France which is where the vehicle is. It is on a French plate but it is very easy to register it in the UK. It has been up-plated to 4 tonne for the UK.

We have been advised that it is worth about €47k well actually between 43k & 47k but closer to the top because of the very unusual magnetic braking system which I am now devistated to lose. Being Mercedes it has a chain timing system not a rubber belt (to be changed every 4 years)
It has an 85cm automatic satellite dish which has been upgraded to the latest system using the latest DVB-S2 search system which is future proof and has also been modified to receive Satellite Internet with a suitable contract and iLNB. With slide out TV and cocktail cabinet.

It has a very large shower that can definitely be used every day, a large loo so as not to have to empty too regularly with my own special ventilation system (think SOG). It is the special "Dressing" model which means the bathroom is a dressing room with a large wardrobe in it so you can get dressed after your morning shower. For us essential as well.

Two Solar panels with a special MPPT regulator for completely off grid living and a Refillable GPL (LPG) cylinder and space for an ordinary one as well. Automatic Electric Step, Electrically lowered double bed over cab. Large diner/ lounge comfortable for entertaining 8 to dine. Cab seats rotate for extra large lounge. Large Store (Awning), Special alarm system designed for Wild Camping with Anti Hijack system. Bluetooth Radio for phone and iPad music.

Manufacturer leVoyageur
Year 2005
Energy Deisel
Type Integral - "A"-class
Gearbox Auto (Sprint Shift)
Kilometre 107090km
Places 2
Motor Mercedes 316CDI (9cv) Chain Timing Belt not rubber
Dimensions Length =6.8 m Width =2.3m Height =2.9m
PTAC 3500kg upgraded in the UK to 4000kg but would need DREAL aproval for France.

You say "Full Service History essential" but I wouldn't let a modern day mechanic within 50 feet of any of my vehicles if I can help it. Especially a French one where "near enough is good enough". I do all my own servicing more thoughrouly and regularly than recommended.
Unfortunately we are in Portugal at the moment and will not be back home till February. But if you are still looking then then a cheap Ryan Air flight will get you to Carcassonne. Then you can have a free few days holiday in the South of France and you can sleep in the van to try it for size. It doesn't have a fixed bed by the way, it has just the drop down which is far more comfortable than the new Hymer fixed bed.
Sorry the post is so long but If you need to know any mor then please p.m. me.
Steve
Edit: forgot to say it does have an oven and grill with rotisary and large AES fridge.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Silver-Fox

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Hi @OldAgeTravellers ,Steve

Good write up and really got my attention until the last bit of the post and no fixed bed.

I really do want a separate area from the dinette so we can have a bit of me time if required :)

As you said I'm happy for any MoHo I buy to be home serviced just need proof of oil/filter purchases etc (y)

Thanks for taking the time to post and good luck with the sale.

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Hi @richr
Glad you liked the writer-up. I understand what you are saying but with the leV there is such a large lounge area that even with the bed down Judy used to go to bed and I still had room to carry on watching tele or work on the computer at the table. As I said you can comfortably dine eight people.
The kitchen is at the rear with. The units over the garage and the wardrobe in the bathroom over the garage as well. It really is a tardis. We have a Hymer with rear bed over the garage and both keep saying to ourselves oh it is not as good as the LeVoyageur. As long as you don't want another couple or grand kids it is really the best designed van I have ever come across with much more room than our Hymer which is a meter longer. It really is the biggest mistake we ever made to buy the Hymer. It will do but we just keep comparing all the time. The Merc with Sprintshift and Telmar magnetic braking knocks the fiat completely into touch. The cabin design is streets ahead. The only thing the Hymer has is the double floor with the waste tank inside. Oh and we drove off Peterborough from the back of the field when the Fiats were all being towed off.
Just open your mind a bit and ask yourself how much "me time" can you get when you are just eight feet apart. And really do you need to compromise your choice. If we want to get away from each other she sits outside in the sun while I sit inside on the computer each doing exactly what we want.
I really hope you find what you want and unlike us are happy with what you get. Good Luck.
Steve

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Hi all
Looking to purchase an A class MoHo. Ideally wanting a fixed rear bed over a garage area. Would prefer a separate shower but thats not a deal buster. A drop down bed over cab area would be handy. If she happens to have lots of extras i.e. solar etc all the better. Swmbo really wants an oven so that would be good as well.
Looking ideally for a Hymer or other German or Pilote maybe. Weight isn't a problem but would prefer a decent payload.Not worried about mileage but condition and service history is important.
LHD is preferred and a decent sized engine i.e. 2.5 or above.
Price looking to spend 30k ish and a bargain would be good :)
Finances in place and I'm not a messer (y)

Don't forget Rapido.... you've just described my van...

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
@Smith and Sharp

Ill have yours then :D

Yep would be happy with a Rapido

Just looking for quality and ideally what I listed above along with any extras :)

Your going the right way to get one, we did the exact same and put a wanted on here and a funster came back to us with what we wanted and have no regrets. Good luck...

Hmmm, there is a new frankia I've been looking at...... :D

OP
OP
Silver-Fox

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Your going the right way to get one, we did the exact same and put a wanted on here and a funster came back to us with what we wanted and have no regrets. Good luck...

Hmmm, there is a new frankia I've been looking at...... :D

Go for it thats what I say :)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We used to have a Burstner Aviano which matches what you are looking for.

I haven't looked what is on the market.

OP
OP
Silver-Fox

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Still on the look out :)

Why is it all these nice MoHo's coming on here don't match my requirements :rolleyes:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Still on the look out :)

Why is it all these nice MoHo's coming on here don't match my requirements :rolleyes:
There could be a variety of reasons,

It could be that people are selling what they have as they now want what you want.

It could be that you are too fussy.

It could be your budget doesnt meet your aspirations, I know mine doesn't:LOL:.

OR it could be that you just havent got lucky yet;)

Martin

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
We have a LeVoyageur 700 series Dressing for sale,

I am drooling - we bought our 1st MH last year, an elderly (1999) LV, not sure which model but I think an LVX 645. Delighted with it partly because we rarely see another LV.

But,OAT, why did you replace it with a Hymer.

Good luck anyway, I am sure you will come to like your new purchase eventually.

OP
OP
Silver-Fox

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
There could be a variety of reasons,

It could be that people are selling what they have as they now want what you want.

It could be that you are too fussy.

It could be your budget doesnt meet your aspirations, I know mine doesn't:LOL:.

OR it could be that you just havent got lucky yet;)

Martin

I think you just about summed it up :)

Ive now got SWMBO 100% on board even with what I want to spend and it seems they are thin on the Ground.
Having said that I presume most people are waiting for the season to pick up but then there might be a flood of vans :)

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Dirty looking brown from what i saw as they had the floor carpet draped over them while washing the floor, the outside is also looking very yellow, the pic on ebay is a miracle if they got it that white:rolleyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back