Motorhome And Caravan Show 2015 (3 Viewers)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
It's a few years now since we've been to the October show at the NEC but thinking about maybe going this year.

Previously we've stayed at CC sites at Warwick Racecourse and Chapel Lane and driven in on the day of the visit but it would be preferable if we could leave the van and use public transport,

Does anyone know of any sites which are on a bus route to the NEC?

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Go to Dusseldorf instead.

better show - more choice and the opportunity to see Mhs and accesories you dont get here a lot of which are better quality.

And the biggest stellplatz you ve ever seen, walking distance to the halls, with beer and wurst tents for the evening

The NEC could learn a lot from it.

Just my humble opinion though

Jon

kelv

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2014
leicester
Funster No
MH
Carthago 145
Exp
Hi
The caravan club have a temp site on the nec carpark with electric hookup I think it was about £25 a night last year.
There is a marque with food served and entertainment but the bar is very pricey about £5 a pint.
Free shuttle bus from site to nec main entrance.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
I am paying £19 a night for the travelodge mins from the NEC. Love my MH but can't see the point in paying more when its only a 1 nighter. If I was on holiday in the area and staying for more than 1 night I would try the CC site while at the show. :)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Totally agree, Spidey, we have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express & ate at the pub next door as after a long interesting day it makes life easy & with site fees in that area at that time no real saving in taking the mh.

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Thanks for the replies. I know about the CC temporary site but would prefer a CL or similar :) The hotel option might be interesting although we don't like hotels that much.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
It's a few years now since we've been to the October show at the NEC but thinking about maybe going this year.

Previously we've stayed at CC sites at Warwick Racecourse and Chapel Lane and driven in on the day of the visit but it would be preferable if we could leave the van and use public transport,

Does anyone know of any sites which are on a bus route to the NEC?
Or the train route, we went by train last year from Watford junction about an hour right into the exhibition hall. Not saying park in Watford of course or you might come back to no wheels but there are plenty of rural opportunities between here and there.(y) Second thoughts, maybe stick to the bus.....:)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Does anyone know if any companies offering free tickets to the NEC show this year?

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Surely thats not the train fare from NE to BM?

is that for both of you to fly to Malaga for a week

Good ole britain - what a ripoff.

Jon
Thornaby to Birmingham with several changes. I could probably find something cheaper if I really looked but I can't be bothered.

Brian_K

Free Member
Feb 9, 2015
Durham
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Go to Dusseldorf instead.

better show - more choice and the opportunity to see Mhs and accesories you dont get here a lot of which are better quality.

And the biggest stellplatz you ve ever seen, walking distance to the halls, with beer and wurst tents for the evening

The NEC could learn a lot from it.

Just my humble opinion though

Jon

@jonegood, interested. I'm just north of Dusseldorf earlier that week in the MH.

Apparently you can now book a campsite online along with your tickets -
https://eshop.messe-duesseldorf.de/...b_fair=Messe&lang=2&ticket=g_u_e_s_t&oid=6125

Any advice/tips before I go ahead with this.

Thanks
Brian

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Hi brian

You dont need to bother, if you follow the Motorhome signs in it will take you straight into the stellplatz, with the amount of motorhomes on there its allmost as interesting as the show and very reasonably priced, a service station and evening entertainment etc.

Dont know if you ve allready checked it out

Broken Link Removed

But if you buy online it covers you for 2 days for 14 euros and if you join the 'freinds' you can do it for 10 - it is in german but a bit of work with google will sort it out.

Wish we could go but got to be in france at that time for family commitments.

hth
Jon

Brian_K

Free Member
Feb 9, 2015
Durham
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Thanks John, actually I got my dates mixed up and am in Germany after the show, looks good though, I'll see if I can make it next year.

Brian

Jan 21, 2015
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
Lo-line Coachbuilt
Exp
Just Starting Fifth Year
Does anyone know if any companies offering free tickets to the NEC show this year?

Don't know about free tickets but I have had a flyer with my Caravan & Camping Club Mag where you can visit www.motorhomeandcaravansshow.co.uk or call them on 0844 338 7799 who are offering a ticket with free NEC parking and a free show brochure for £7.00 when you quote CCC1. I did this last year, a bargain IMO.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Somers Wood http://www.somerswood.co.uk/ at Meriden, or Hollyfast http://www.hollyfastcaravanpark.co.uk/ at Allesley which is C&CC but they take non-members.

But I am not too sure about public transport from Hollyfast, however I'm certain there must be MoHo parking at the NEC cos on one of the (glowing) reviews on 'UK Campsites' of Hollyfast (which Pete was not even aware of even though he has lived and worked round here since birth!) someone who visited last November in their campervan booked in during the day, then went out in the van to the NEC and returned after dark - and said it was better and cheaper though a smidge further than the alternative which I'm willing to bet was Somers Wood.

There is a Limited Stop bus service (no. X900) along the A45 all the way from Coventry bus garage via Meriden to Birmingham - but whether it ventures into the NEC itself I don't know. Both the halls and the station (B'ham International) are a GOOD way from the A45 - couple of miles? Neither of us think it does but we could be wrong or there may be an alternative more 'local' bus - but Meriden is but a small village so ........

I should ring them both, tell them what you want to do - and ask.

Reactions: GJH

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Don't know about free tickets but I have had a flyer with my Caravan & Camping Club Mag where you can visit www.motorhomeandcaravansshow.co.uk or call them on 0844 338 7799 who are offering a ticket with free NEC parking and a free show brochure for £7.00 when you quote CCC1. I did this last year, a bargain IMO.
Thanks for that - we normally buy the tickets online in advance through a deal like this but 2 people for 2 days is still £28 & know that lots of people get free tickets from dealers & companies so just need to get on that mailing list!

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
I enter loads of competitions to get free tickets :) i have quite a good success rate. There doesn't appear to be a lot of companies giving them away since the show changed hands.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I enter loads of competitions to get free tickets :) i have quite a good success rate. There doesn't appear to be a lot of companies giving them away since the show changed hands.
Please post links to any that you came across - I never seem to spot them :( Promise I'll share if we get more than we need :)

TeeCee

Free Member
Jan 24, 2015
romford, essex
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-4
Exp
Since 2011
Somers Wood...that's were we've booked and apparently good bus service from very nearby village in to NEC.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back