LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2012
Chandlersford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
4yrs
Hi having purchased our first motorhome we would like to protect it when we our not in it as well as when we our,so have done a bit of research and vanbitz strike back alarm is the one for me.i have read on the forum that jim got the owner drunk one night and manage to get an impressive discount of 15% for us members ,I can't seem to find the link or code so wonder if this is still current.:Smile:

OP
OP
Jamwitt

Jamwitt

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2012
Chandlersford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
4yrs
Alarms

Thanks pappa John I think your right these alarms are about the the best out there for a m/home and will be planning a little trip soon ,with free over night stop as well can't be bad.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I can vouch for the Strikeback system and for Vanbitz.

Excellent all round.

Even the mice I had recently triggered the alarm :thumb:

OP
OP
Jamwitt

Jamwitt

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2012
Chandlersford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
4yrs
Alarms

Thanks chris yes I think strike back is the one for us,did have standard fit or extras fitted !:Smile:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Thanks chris yes I think strike back is the one for us,did have standard fit or extras fitted !:Smile:

Can't remember now. I think we might have had some extras like additional locker sensors.

We had a sat dome fitted at the same time. All done on a Saturday so we didn't need to take time off work, and to cap it all a really nice site to stay on.:thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

Alarms are a great deterrent and the Strikeback deters very well, the way they set it up with strategically placed LEDs leaves no one in any doubt that it is alarmed. This is especially comforting when you are asleep inside while the strikeback alarms the exterior.

Because the Strikeback is made specifically for Motorhomes and RVs, rather than being a bastardised car alarm, it has options to secure additional lockers, as well as fly-away leads that can ensure your bikes on a bike rack or even protect your trailer. These are very useful additions.

However in my professional opinion the best option for the strikeback is the very, VERY loud internal siren. This ensures, no guarantees, that even those toerags that are not "deterred" will not stay inside your van very long, the noise is debilitating and adrenalin inducing, they will get out quicker than they got in leaving your hidden valuables safe.

I have no connection to Vanbitz, (apart from getting drunk with the owners watching the odd rugby match) I earn no commission for promoting their alarms, I promote them on the basis of using these superb alarms for the last ten years:thumb:

OP
OP
Jamwitt

Jamwitt

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2012
Chandlersford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
4yrs
Alarms

Hi chris that's instresting to no that work can be done on a saturday that will save me a days wages as I'm self employed,and make up for the lost discount.i wonder if Jim could get the owner drunk again! :ROFLMAO:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I also have one fitted

I have one fitted in my American Winnebago.. I have had a few extras fitted by Eddie which work for me.. extra horns on the chassis so it is much louder from both directions.. extra LEDs.. one is even in the red stop lamps and one in my chrome grill, as well as the normal dash one.

Remember VanBitz does more than just alarms. We have had satellite TV fitted, Backup camera, Battery master, NASA BM1, Sterling Pure Combi Inverter charger, reverse polarity switch for europe..... not all at the same time I might add.

Plus Eddie and his crew sorted out the dead short from a damaged cable under the RV within seconds and of course did a repair.

Good camp site. Good free coffee/tea etc., plus worse bit is a parts shop with lots of toys to buy.

Safeguard even gaves us a discount because we had the alarm and also an extra discount for the backup camera.

Bob

con-tiki

Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
A couple of weeks ago I decided to bite the bullet and travel down to Vanbitz to get my strikeback alarm sorted. It was already installed on the van, but was not working. may have been something to do with the previous owner having a motorbike pull out rack fitted. Anyway we set off at 3am (tired thinking about it now) and after what seemed like forever we arrived at Vanbitz.... It was a beautiful day, and after sitting outside sunning ourselves I meandered into the 'shop'...bad mistake...As well as having the alarm fixed , then decided to have a battery master fitted too, which was done as an extra...I also bought an Avtex TV...Great service by vanbitz.....
Then it was the long slog home.......but worth it in the end as I have a good alarm system which is now working!!!:Smile:

Shirl

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I have to say that I echo the above endorsements from customers. Really nice people to deal with as well. Not at all cheap, but worth the expense. Extra LED very good idea. I didn't go for the internal toe-rag alarm but upon reflection perhaps should have done.

A lot of people will gainsay the extra expense and fit a car alarm to satisfy their insurance requirements but it is a free country and a free choice. I made mine.

Last edited:

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Whatever system you chose, a Thatcham cat 1 alarm will save you a large chunk off your insurance. Once i had found the certificate, my new insurers knocked nearly £100 off my policy.:thumb:

Nov 6, 2011
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti
Exp
2001 to date

Great alarm system, we have the bike extension leads, which protect them on the back rack. Peace of mind - if they got one bike off, they would be deaf before they got the second. Just wish it could electrocute them as well.

Keith

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back