Motorhome Air Compressor

Discussion in 'How To' started by hymermick, Jul 23, 2009.

1. hymermick

hymermick Funster

Hi,
    Has any one tried the Ring 230 Volt Mains Power Rapid Air Compressor RAC750 or the Ring RAC900 heavy duty 12 volt ? These seem to be the most popular, as I need to inflate my tyres to 5.5 bar I wondered which of these would be the best ?

Many Thanks
    Mick.

2. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Don't know but there was a big thread on 12V tyre inflaters in the last few days, have a search.

3. shortfuse

shortfuse Read Only Funster

Hi Mick
    Bought the Ring 900 , very pleased with it but I think I paid over the top for it about £85:00 including p&p:Sad:
    regards sf

4. gwyntaxi

gwyntaxi Funster

air compressors 12v

my experience with 12v compressors is they're just not up to the job one that i've got
    claims 250psi but i can't even get it to inflate to 75psi they just can't deliver:Eek!:

5. patr

patr Read Only Funster

Mick

The Ring RAC 900 is an excellent 12v tyre compressor. I bought one on the recommendation of an off-roader friend who deflates his tyres to increase grip and then inflates when back on-road.

I use it to inflate my Hymer's tyres to 5.5bar without any problems and whilst it does get hot, it has never struggled. You must connect direct to the battery.

It is ruggedly built, has an excellent reach (7m) from the battery to the rear tyres and has a very accurate tyre pressure gauge. It all packs away in a very neat and compact case.

I bought mine from CPS for about £65 delivered but I think that they have gone up to around £85. Expensive yes, but as the proud owner of a box of knackered cheapo compressors, it is the last one I will buy.

Highly recommended bit of kit.

Pat

6. Phil

Phil Read Only Funster

7. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

I've one that gave up, in fact it probably sucked air out but another made the required 72 lbs in time. Can't recall the make, maybe Halfords, has a built in torch.

I was really p$ssed off on the motorway one day, it took my cash and failed to inflate to 72.