Motorcycle trailers Easy/Hard Work Lifter (1 Viewer)

Wanderingmac

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 22, 2013
Ireland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1992
Hi have had an easylifter hydratrail for 4 years but have several problems with it. Idea itself is very good but over the years has let me down on many occasions. I believe there is a French version and also a Swiss / German version. Does anyone have any info on these or where I could look them up? Toying with the idea of biting the bullet and just tow a box trailer behind the motorhome and being careful not to get into awkward situations where I would have to reverse on main roads. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
If you google "camping car remorque" you will find several types of transverse trailers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wanderingmac

Wanderingmac

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 22, 2013
Ireland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1992
Thanks for info. One problem was the entire trailer twisted and sheared the main bolts on the towball despite not hitting anything on the road. Also when i try to jack up the trailer to remove the wheels it keeps slipping off the jack and the platform with the bike still attached just bangs on to the ground. Both mudguards sheared off on the road. Unless I am on very level ground cannot get sufficient lift to remove the wheels.

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
think the german one is SMV we viewed at Dusseldorf show, good but very expensive.

OP
OP
Wanderingmac

Wanderingmac

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 22, 2013
Ireland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1992
Was at Dusseldorf myself this year and got a quick glance at it. Think it was about €5000 plus. Expensive bit of kit. Probably cheaper to rent a car.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks for info. One problem was the entire trailer twisted and sheared the main bolts on the towball despite not hitting anything on the road. Also when i try to jack up the trailer to remove the wheels it keeps slipping off the jack and the platform with the bike still attached just bangs on to the ground. Both mudguards sheared off on the road. Unless I am on very level ground cannot get sufficient lift to remove the wheels.

Blimy you have had a trial with that one.

We only ever have the "not level ground" issue. A friend did break the back of his - heavier bike and rough roads did it in.

Glyn Burton

Free Member
Mar 12, 2017
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Chuasson welcome 55
Exp
since 2012
I have just joined the forum so late contributing but have you looked at Yoremorques French company near Vitre

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
Look on leboncoin, quite a few second hand on there.

Huwmari

Free Member
Jul 26, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 201
Exp
since Apr 2013
As we now include Italy in our two euro visits every year I considered a hydratrail/Piaggio MP3 combination but then read a review that recommended a max. of 150 kg. Has anyone out there had any long term experience of using one without the troubles listed above?

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
As we now include Italy in our two euro visits every year I considered a hydratrail/Piaggio MP3 combination but then read a review that recommended a max. of 150 kg. Has anyone out there had any long term experience of using one without the troubles listed above?
Can't give a definitive answer but, on collecting my Hydratrail, I was told that the recommended weight limit was 250kgs. Our scooter weighs in at 130 kgs.

We haven't really used it yet, other than a short test run, but are heading to France and Spain next week.

We bought ours as a result of reading recommendations on line. Other than the above list I have only read of two other owners with problems, i.e. Twisting to tow bar.

Richard Hodge

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Classique 120
Exp
Since 1989
" Unless I am on very level ground cannot get sufficient lift to remove the wheels"

Hi Wanderingmac,
I had the same problem and it turned out that the jack was low on oil!
Something easily overlooked! Hope this helps.
Regards Dick.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back