Motorbikes....what am I missing. (1 Viewer)

Peter Sansom

Free Member
May 22, 2015
peebles
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
A relative newbie...ex caravanner
As stated, its like Marmite...you either love it or hate it. Personally it has never appealed to me, but I'm sure that it must be quite exhilarating and addictive to those who choose to go down that particular path. I understand that statistically accidents/death rates are high. Also, long term related injuries such as joint problems are another effect. Each to their own!

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
I have ridden 50 years and this was, me 2 years ago at Donington Park. It may show the fun :)

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
It goes better still if you keep the needle over the red bit on the dial, 600s OK, 1000s manic. But I only rode 250s but still very fast in those day. I never actually got passed Read but tried hard enough, his was a works RD 56 bike.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Thanks for that Jaws....;) that must be a nightmare when you are riding long distances, just 100 miles and you are looking for another filling station. I find it a pain having to stop every 400 miles.:)
I had a 4x4 that only had a 10gall tank.:( after an hours driving you had to start looking for fuel station. Not good when driving through France at night & not on the toll roads.:D

I have said it before on here but driving on an Italian motorway south of Milan an ambulance flashed past me being tailgated by a Porsche using his headlights in an attempting to make the ambulance move over and let him passed.:)
See it quite regularly here & it's quite often the big sprinter vans wanting to pass-:LOL:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I have ridden 50 years and this was, me 2 years ago at Donington Park. It may show the fun :)

Some time ago I did a Honda only track day at Donny.
Half way through the 2nd session we got red flagged just before Foggys
Glanced over and the track was littered with bits of bike

Thought a few bikes must have hit as the devastation seemed massive

Nope.. Turned out a Pan had high sided ! That's all it was.. And not only was the rider unhurt ( sore but nowt worse than bumps and bruises ) but apart from plastics pretty much annihilated the bike was still perfectly rideable !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back