Motor Home Search

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by Ruth, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Ruth

Ruth Read Only Funster

So today I went to my local dealers (Marquis) just having a look around, the strangest thing happened, I wasn't approached by a single salesperson, didn't even see a salesperson. Is this normal??

2. calion

calion

The one and only time we went to our local Marquis, I'm convinced they took one look at our battered old car, and decided we wouldn't be able to afford anything. They never stepped out of the office! Needless to say we've never been back!

• Like Like x 1
  3. cruiser

cruiser Funster Life Member

I think they must hide. I wanted to see in a elddis 180. finely found a sales person. but would not come out of office.

4. chaser

chaser Funster

Sounds like my kind of place, can't do with salesman hovering, as soon as one comes along I'm off

• Like Like x 3
  5. calion

calion

I always thought salesmen were paid commission rather than a salary, they must be earning too much if they can afford to ignore potential customers!

6. Bertie Bassett

Bertie Bassett Read Only Funster

Are you my long lost bro?:D

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bertie Bassett

Bertie Bassett Read Only Funster

In a nutshell, no Ruth but Marquis (De Sade) had a large number of 'sales executives' at the NEC so the chances are the 'A'Team were on leave post NEC . In my opinion you were lucky, but then I am a bitter and twisted former Marquis dupe/ customer/sucker/mark/gullible git/ enter terminology of choice here. :cry:

• Like Like x 2
  8. BobtheBass

BobtheBass Funster

I have wandered around Marquis Tewkesbury three times now without seeing a salesman once........

Went to their open day on Friday to see the new Benimars they had said would be there. They were not there so it was a wasted journey (we were looking for motorhomes with a garage and they didn't have a single one on show), but we did get one of their goody bags, which was nice. However, apart from a pencil, a pen and a pad, all that was in there was a tax disc holder. This years must have! (not).

• Like Like x 3
  9. cruiser

cruiser Funster Life Member

clearing out the office. send it back to them. without a stamp. so they pay to take it back.

10. Ruth

Ruth Read Only Funster

Yes it was Tewksbury i went to on Saturday, lots of customers, no salespeople. People wandered around looking, then left

11. BreweryDave

BreweryDave Funster Life Member

If you fancy a trip down the M5 a bit - have a look around Chelstons - lots of vans and a big shop with lots of goodies! I have found the staff there very good!
    http://m.chelstononline.co.uk

12. Ruth

Ruth Read Only Funster

Its funny you should say that, after my experience in Tewksbury yesterday, I decided to expand my search. So Thank you

13. sedge

sedge Funster

We had our Bessie from Marquis at Billing Aquadrome. The MoHos are kept locked for obvious reasons but if you go and find someone they'll open it up for you. As it happened there was a guy in the van we liked the look off replacing a part they'd borrowed from it for a previously 'Sold' van, he actually gave us the keys and told us to lock up when we'd finished ...... it was hemmed in so you couldn't have driven it away but had you had a screwdriver you could have 'borrowed' stuff yourself - or of course caused damage.

You can see why they don't do it.

I'd say to anyone actually genuinely interested in buying a van but a bit stuck for which sort to go to one of the Shows and find where the 'Fun' gang are parked. Instant demo of all sorts of makes and models - no questions about motorhoming classed as 'daft' - if you don't know something then ASK about it !

14. Ann&MikeMancs

Ann&MikeMancs Funster

We've just bought our first new to us 'van from Continental Leisure, Cross Hands South Wakes. Very helpful,not too pushy! Good after sales back up and very friendly!

15. Ann&MikeMancs

Ann&MikeMancs Funster

Wales I meant ......and that's before the vino lol

• Like Like x 2