Motor home Insurance

Discussion in 'Motorhome Insurance General Discussion' started by pinksponk, Sep 4, 2009.

1. pinksponk

pinksponk Deleted User

I am researching Insurance Costs in readiness for my motor home. Can anyone suggest a reasonable company to get a quote from ??

2. Sweet Chariot

Sweet Chariot Read Only Funster

Caravan Guard.:thumb:

3. SpongeBobsDad

SpongeBobsDad Read Only Funster

insurance

try safeguard, been with them for years reasonable quotes with full european breakdown cover in with the price.

4. barryd

barryd Read Only Funster

We chose Safeguard (0113 258 1614) as they offered fully comp for our Kontiki, 365 days cover for European travel and free breakdown and recovery service with the AA all for just over £300 I think. Seem fine.

5. Braunston

Braunston Read Only Funster

6. jezport

jezport Funster

Adrian Flux were cheapest for me.

7. Myfanwy

Myfanwy Read Only Funster

Insurance

Hi, Comfort Insurance was the cheapest quote I could find. We changed to them last year while visiting the Shepton Mallet Show and they saved us £100 on Saga prices which we use for all other insurances and which we had used for a couple of years for the van. This year they have saved us nearly another £100 because we are not doing the same mileage only 6,000 miles instead of 8,000 as last year. Fully comprehensive with full AA European breakdown cover, windscreen cover (£75 excess), but for us that is cheap considering the size of our windscreen. The underwriters are Aviva (Norwich Union) all for £262.98. There is an automatic £3000 personal effect and camping equipment cover built in as well. Why not give them a call?

8. Chas17

Chas17 Funster

I went for Safeguard on return to the UK, for all the good reasons stated above plus they accepted my French no claims bonus.

9. happycamper

happycamper Read Only Funster

I have just bought a camper based on a citroen relay and was converted by vehicle and marine windows in birmingham. I tried caravan guard for insurance and was told that they would not cover it as it was not converted by a known name.

I then contacted IC insurance and was very pleased with their responce and subsequently took it out with them.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2009
  10. pinksponk

pinksponk Deleted User

Thanks everyone

11. Theonlysue

Theonlysue Funster Life Member

Hi, having phoned around several companies, you need to make sure that if you want breakdown cover, they will take your size vehicle, some had differents lengths of cover for abroad and some covered different values.
    I think to need to make sure that the cover is suited to your needs!!!
    I went with Camping and caravan club, as although the premium was within about £20 of the different companies I spoke to, their excess was only £100, whereas the others was £250. And I have full breakdown cover home and abroad including home start.
    One company said that If i was withing 5 miles from home, they would not come out!

Also, worth going with a good company, even if it costs a few quid more, so you should have no problems if you need to claim.

S.

12. Toffs-G

Toffs-G Read Only Funster

Yep we used Safegueard with the RV and used the breakdown a week after picking it up:Sad:
    good price half that of Caravan Club admitedly for an RV but very good excellent with UK and European breakdown included

13. Haaamster

Haaamster Read Only Funster

Just got my 1st van, have zero no claims bonus becuase I have had a company car for 8 years and was told to try Frank Pickles. They did fully comp without eurpean travel (i'm not ready yet) for £158. I snatched their arm off :BigGrin:

The van is a Fiat Ducato CI1000, slow I know but i'm not Schumacher

14. JayDee

JayDee Funster

Comfort.

Prior to that Safeguard, but Comfort pipped then.

John

15. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

Safeguard