Free Member
Dec 23, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
I,m a newbie
We are trying to sell out motorhome and have been contacted by the above who say the act as an broker to sell the vehicle . Has anyone used them or heard anything about them?
Thanks

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Have heard of them but unable to say if they are by good, why don't you put an add in the classifieds on here it won't cost anything and it's easy enough to do. (Of course you may have already done that)

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I have just looked at add it looks nice hope you sell soon have bumped it as its been out there in classifieds for a bit out of main threads.

OP
OP
seabreezesports

seabreezesports

Free Member
Dec 23, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
I,m a newbie
Thanks for the reply and the bump . I did do a search but it came up with nothing . Another thread will be how to search MHF !!

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
from reading other forums and reviews.. I have learned they have selling fee .. around £2.5 k + a commission when sold.. 10% ..

you also enter a 3 month contract to give them time to sell.. if you break the contract it will cost you £2.5k ...

my view ..and I stress it is only my view.. it's a bit like 'we buy any car ' .. it should be easier, they do all the leg work.. but you will not get as much money..

unless you are desperate to sell, personally I'd stick with doing it yourself.. . give it a few weeks on here then try eBay

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Last month my son tried to sell his mh with them, bloke came out spent most of the afternoon taking photos , went off, nothing happened, turns out the bloke left the company without doing anything about it, so he's still got it, as it happens he's changed his mind now so all for the best, but as far as motorhome depot are concerned just ignored him till he contacted them.

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
they will get more money for it than you will, and then keep it for themselves. Pointless. Making money selling things they dont own .

JimboT

Free Member
Nov 6, 2013
Welwyn Garden City
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
This is quite simple if you want to sell it and let them have any hassle from selling it and don't have much time it might be an option.
They have made a business out of it and have to VAT on profit they make on your sale.
They must be ok or they would out of business by now if they were rubbish.
They must have a list of customers who they sell to and most likely will part ex as well.
When i was looking for a van i did email them and the replied unlike some dealers and emailed more pictures of the van i injured about and that was almost three years ago.
Jim

Apr 8, 2015
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
15 years
They only do what you can do yourself, the £2500 up front will pay for their advertising. Have YOU thought of spending up to £2500 on advertising, invest in a professional valet yourself, and Knocking 10% off the asking price (if you have to.) Try Here, and on e bay then then gumtree. Selling is a job in itself, you have to work at it, there is nothing they can do that you cant do yourself. Most of us overvalue our motorhomes, be realistic with your asking price. In the real world they will want money up front, if you are lucky, they will come back to you with an offer and still want their 10% on the balance These companies ask for money up front to do what you, yourself can do. They are in a no risk, no investment game.

Apr 8, 2015
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
15 years
As someone said they are just like estate agents, and we all love them don't we.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Yes, just like estate agents, and most of us use them. :)

KH
and most of us hate them..

well, I know I do .. was ripped off when I sold my house.. !

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Yes, just like estate agents, and most of us use them. :)

KH

All parasites. Have no dog in the fight , but still want a cut.

Like has been said , they don't do anything you cant do yourself, don't advertise anywhere you cant yourself, and at the time when I was looking to buy, they had pretty much monopolized the market for stuff I was interested in. There were at least 10 vans I would have considered buying that I didn't even bother with when I saw who was selling them. Had they been private sales I would have gone and viewed.

And when I advertised mine, they were on to me in a flash.. I was mildly sarcastic, after asking what I was getting for my money , and getting the 'well we give the vehicle a full valet ', I replied with ' well I never thought of cleaning a vehicle properly before selling it' ..

I have bought 3 houses , used estate agents once, and ended up threatening to take them to court for fraud after they refused to tell my vendor of my offer , and he rang me directly to find out why I wasn't interested to be told that I was told he had rejected my offer. As a result , neither of us paid a fee .

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Their sister company Mororhome Depot Limited was in administration last year and I think has now been wound up, they operate from the same address with the same directors, wouldn't give me much confidence in using them.
They rang me when I was selling my last van, wanted to sell it for less than I had it listed and take 10% for the privilage, I sold it on eBay and put 5 grand more in my pocket than I would have got selling through them.

Deleted User
We are using them,
Its a fixed fee which is negotiable, no sale no fee, no % of price taken.
A lot of opinions without facts.
Same with the minimum term, it's negotiable.
As long as you know what you want, how much you are prepared to pay, you are in control.
Anyone who lacks any skills at all to speak up for themselves or are prone to being walked all over, possibly not suitable, but then again that would cause problems selling privately.

Lin :)

Last edited by a moderator:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
We are using them,
Its a fixed fee which is negotiable, no sale no fee, no % of price taken.
A lot of opinions without facts.
Same with the minimum term, it's negotiable.
As long as you know what you want, how much you are prepared to pay, you are in control.
Anyone who lacks any skills at all to speak up for themselves or are prone to being walked all over, possibly not suitable, but then again that would cause problems selling privately.

Lin :)

The facts are on the Motorhome Depot site..

Terms and Conditions

These are the terms and conditions for the brokerage of your motorhome by The Broker. Please read these terms and conditions before entering the agreement. If you have any questions about this agreement please contact us and we will be happy to answer any questions you have.

Our Service

The service offered by The Broker is to introduce potential buyers to you the seller of a motorhome, for which we will receive a commission on the successful completion of a sale transaction. We act purely as a third party and as broker between you (the seller) and the buyer (purchaser of your motorhome).

This service is offered to you on a no sale no fee basis and The Broker will manage every aspect of your sale, including advise on current climate conditions and likelihood of a realistic achievable return; all associated marketing; arrange and accompany all viewings/demo’s, relay all offers for your consideration and completely manage all sales procedures from initial enquiries through to the payment.

While we take care to ensure a professional process we accept no responsibility if the transaction (all aspects) fails in any way, nor do we accept any liabilities or claims associated with it.

Valuation

Before entering into the Brokerage Agreement you will receive a valuation of your motorhome. This valuation is provided on a “subject to contract” basis and is not legally binding. The Broker reserves the right to withdraw the valuation at any time without legal consequence and with no liability to the prospective Seller.

Price Quoted

The price quoted in the valuation will be in pounds sterling and will be inclusive of VAT.

The price quoted in the valuation is given in good faith and relies on the information given by the Seller. If the information provided is inaccurate, false or misleading it will result in an inaccurate valuation which cannot be relied upon by the Seller.

No liability whatsoever can be accepted by The Broker for an incorrect valuation which was given in good faith.

Payment

The Broker will make payment for the motorhome as soon as possible on completion of a sale. Once the buyer has paid the full purchase price of the Motorhome to MotorhomeDepot.com, the commission is deducted and the balance is paid to the seller.

Validity

This contract will remain in force for a minimum period of 90 days from the date of acceptance and will continue to be in force thereafter until either a sale is concluded or the agreement is cancelled.

This agreement gives The Broker the exclusive rights to sell your motorhome for the term of the agreement. If any sale is agreed whilst this agreement is in force our commission becomes due and payable, regardless of whom the buyer is or whether The Broker introduced the buyer to you.

Seller Warranties

The Seller expressly warrants that all of the information supplied during the valuation process is accurate and true.

The Seller warrants that the motorhome is not subject to undisclosed finance.

The Seller warrants to the best of his/her knowledge and belief that the motorhome had not been an insurance right-off or involved in any other serious accident or incident that required substantial repairs.

The Seller warrants that the mileage reading (where applicable) on the vehicle is true and accurate and that the odometer had not, to the best of his/her knowledge and belief been tampered with.

The Seller warrants that there are no undisclosed physical defects with the motorhome that a purchaser would want to be informed about.

The Seller warrants that there are no undisclosed title defects with the motorhome.

The Seller warrants that he/she is the legal owner of the motorhome, has the right to transfer the full unencumbered legal title and full ownership of the motorhome to the buyer.

The Seller warrants that no other person or entity has any claim to the motorhome.

It is the responsibility of the Seller to disclose to any existing finance associated with the motorhome.

The Broker may agree to settle off the existing finance in lieu of payment or part payment of the motorhome to the Seller as its absolute discretion, on behalf of the buyer.

If the agreed sale price of the motorhome is lower than the settlement figure required to fully settle the outstanding finance the Seller must pay The Broker the difference between the settlement figure and the agreed sum in advance of The Broker settling off the outstanding balance on the finance.

The Seller remains liable to the finance company in respect to the related finance at all times until the credit agreement has been legally terminated. The Broker does not accept any liability with respect to the related finance at any time or for any reason.

The Broker will use its best endeavours to pay off the settlement sum on or before the due date. However, no liability is accepted if payment cannot be made by the due date.

Collection and Delivery

Where The Broker has agreed to collect or deliver the motorhome for the Seller a charge for this service will be agreed in advance.

The Seller shall provide The Broker with all necessary documentation relating to the motorhome such as finance details, service record, invoices, V5 log book, road tax disc, spare keys, manuals etc. at the time of collection / delivery.

Inspection

The motorhome will be inspected by a representative of the Broker prior to completion of this Brokerage Agreement. A revised valuation may be offered where the motorhome does not comply with the information provided during the valuation process, where the condition is such that it has a substantial impact on the value of the motorhome or other factors not disclosed affect the valuation.

Commission

When a sale is agreed, you are agreeing to accept the net amount of the gross sale price less any commission due MotorhomeDepot.com and any other costs that have been incurred and agreed by you. Our commission takes the form of a buyer premium which will have already been deducted from the gross sale price when you are presented with offers. The amount you agree to accept when a sale is agreed is the amount you will receive without any deductions. Our commission becomes due and payable when a sale is agreed. For clarity, a sale is agreed when we have presented an offer to you, which you accept verbally or by any other means.

Cancellation

You may terminate this agreement at any time after the initial 90 day period by giving us 30 days notice of your intention to terminate the agreement in writing. If you terminate this agreement during the initial 90 day period or without providing us with 30 days notice, a cancellation fee will become due and payable equivalent to 5% of the original Advertised Price of the motorhome, subject to a maximum of £2,500.

Consequential Losses

The Broker, its directors, employees or other agents shall not be liable for direct or indirect inconsequential losses of any kind including loss of profits and other forms of expenses and compensation.

Privacy Policy
The Broker is committed to responsible data management and subscribe to the principals of the data protection legislation in the United Kingdom. We are committed to maintaining the privacy of our users and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you.

Governing Law and Jurisdiction

The governing law is English Law and the parties agree to submit to the full jurisdiction of the English courts.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&ved=0ahUKEwjPrdiCgJvNAhWMK8AKHQGeAg4QFggvMAM&url=http://motorhomedepot.com/media/Motorhome%20Depot%20-%20Sellers%20Agreement%2016.10.12.doc&usg=AFQjCNHyHaZsOCt9pmdhcjSSEtEWeWREqA&sig2=o_OeGIZCV1SloLzdv5fr6g&bvm=bv.124088155,d.ZGg

Deleted User
Our paperwork has been amended where necessary, to reflect our agreement with the broker, it's all there in writing, no sale no fee, fixed fee payable.
We have a 60 day agreement, could have had 30 days.
I'm happy with what I signed, it leaves no doubt about what we pay, how long it's advertised for.
Should there be any problems further down the line, it's all in order and un-challengeable :)
Oh and just for info, you can choose to a % commission if you want and for lower priced mh that could be a little cheaper, but you don't pay both it's either a fixed fee, if you ask and can agree a figure you are happy with, we did, significantly lower that what the supposed min fixed fee is. Or opt for % fee if you prefer.
Of course I can only speak for the broker we are using in North Yorks, others may be less open, honest or realistic about their expectations.
:)

Last edited by a moderator:

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I sold my Chausson on there or rather to the agent, he bought it outright and that allowed me to add money and buy my new Hymer cash with a hefty discount. I am happy and I suppose he must have been. I dropped it a £100 to him and he will make it back when he sells it..

OP
OP
seabreezesports

seabreezesports

Free Member
Dec 23, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
I,m a newbie
We used motorhome depot in the end as only time wasters on e bay and gumtree
Our agent was Vince in Torquay . Very personable and laid out what he could do and what he thought was a reasonable selling price.
We agreed and Vince kept us informed and the second viewer purchased .
All was hassle free .
Yes the money was less then ideal but the ease of transaction was superb so I would say you get what you pay for ( Reduced money for you) .
Top tip which we should have been told . Get a damp check with paperwork ( £20 for us ) If you know everything is working properly then a habitation check is a bonus but not a necessity .
I would recommend if you want to shift your Motorhome . If you are in no hurry and would keep it for another season then Private may get more money .

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
It's obvious that the naysayers who are perfect salespeople have no need for help. But some such as I are not good at sales. I have used these people (Motorhome depot), and found them very useful. Yes, they are in business, and so need payment. I do think that they (the brokers), do have strong sales skills, and can negotiate a higher price sufficient to cover their fee. As the customer, you may or may not end up with a higher price than you would otherwise have had. But what you do gain from is a third party who is experienced in this area, can remove a great deal of the stress, and can negotiate a quick and effective settlement with little input on your part. For me it worked out very well, an amazingly quick deal and with almost input from me. i did not need to find a suitable buyer, vet them and take the enormous risk. The cash was there, deal done. All along the line, the broker was friendly, helpful and in fact a pleasure to deal with. Especially if your MH is a difficult sell.

Would I use them again? It depends on the circumstances. But do not dismiss the concept on the basis of prejudice.

They have a place in the marketplace, and I am pleased that I used them. Thank you Neil, in Wells.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back