Free Member
Feb 23, 2013
essex
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
2nd year
::bigsmile: well pleased My Motorhome passed its MOT today with flying colours. Only owned it 6 months no advisories
2 weeks ago I put 4 new conti vanco camper tyres on as the side walls were all cracked according to the mot history its only done 5700 miles since 2008 that corresponds what the guys said at the mot station that its like new underneath its only done 16000 miles on a 03 plate

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
I don't have a problem with MOT failures other than the time it takes to fix them. Our '96 Iveco based camper failed earlier this month on rear anti roll bar bushes and seat belts not retracting properly. ARB bushes less than £6, set of seat belts £400! Daughter's Fiesta failed today, OSF lower ball joint excessive play, NSR brake binding and excessive CO on the emissions, new bottom arm, free off rear brakes and fit new air filter, total cost about £20.

We submit loads of motorhomes for MOT on behalf of customers and very few have fail issues, sadly I often find brake pads crumbling and tyre sidewalls cracking after the MOT becaue they can't see the pads without removing the wheels (which they're not allowed to do) and sidewall cracking is only a fail if the cord structure is visible!

D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back