PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Just checked the MOT Cert and it expires on the 7 May so the vans booked in for the 1st May. Good job I checked, as by the time you have so many vehicle MOT dates, Tax dates, different Insurance dates, it's quite easy to either overlook one and then miss it all together:Doh:

Now got them written down (again as I moved accommodation) so we'll stay on track again now ::bigsmile:

Also got her booked in for a habitation check and the cam belt change, but that's mid June, which was the first opening I could get for it all :thumb:

Keep your eye on those dates:Eeek::Eeek::thumb:

Last edited:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
You could just dispense with an MOT, SORN the van and park it up on the square with all the other abandoned cars!

You could add to the authenticity by screwing on some ex-BFG boxhead plates!:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
PP Bear

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
You could just dispense with an MOT, SORN the van and park it up on the square with all the other abandoned cars!

You could add to the authenticity by screwing on some ex-BFG boxhead plates!:thumb:

Was thinking cam net, poles and DPM paint job, while digging in a shell scrape around the back and out of sight of the QM :thumb: free parking, free hookup, leave the waste tank open and endless fresh water.....motorhome heaven and my own personal armed guard......life can be so sweet ::bigsmile::thumb:

Last edited:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Was thinking cam net, poles and DPM paint job, while digging in a shell scrape around the back and out of sight of the QM :thumb: free parking, free hookup, leave the waste tank open and endless fresh water.....motorhome heaven and my own personal armed guard......life can be so sweet ::bigsmile::thumb:

They know where you are....
They will find you.
Failing that the QM will charge you.:thumb:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Mine had MOT yesterday.
Reg 2000, straight through with no advisories.
Well chuffed.

If you read this, Geo....NO, the tester didnt have a white stick!:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
PP Bear

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Yeahhhhhhh ::bigsmile:

Took the motorhome in as planned and sailed through, so she's ticketed for another year yippeeeeeeee :thumb::thumb:

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
Excellent news, PP Bear!

Well I was feeling pretty smug as I had the date of the MOT in my diary, but I noticed last week that it didn't actually match the date on the MOT cert :Doh: and it was overdue by a month! :Eeek:

Dropped it off at our usual friendly garage and on my return home the phone was ringing - it was them to tell me that my new van is too long for their rollers! :RollEyes:

Had to take it the following day to a lorry testing station, but fortunately it passed.

So my tip is to make sure the date you actually put in the diary is the correct one!

Steve :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back