MOT Special £40 and Overnight Parking. (1 Viewer)

1Oll

Free Member
Jan 12, 2010
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class (German B Class!)
Exp
6+ years
Yesterday I had the MOT test on my Autosleeper Amethyst, it passed with no problems. The garage was Central Tyre and Auto, London Road Macclesfield. Tel: 01625 421666.
I spoke with Guy Robinson at the garage and he will offer MOT Class 3 and Class 7 for £40. (Normally £54.85 and £58.60). The have a massive parking area, no problems with easy access and if you book your MOT with them, mention MOTORHOME FUN and you may park overnight on their forecourt.
The premises are on the Macclesfield to Leek road, near Macclesfield Town FC ground and there is a bus stop opposite and its less than 10 minutes to Macclesfield Town Centre Bus station.
I have found the garage to be fair and competitive. I have no connection with this garage other than being a satisfied customer.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I will do class 3 motor homes FOR FREE inc free parking take you out for a meal and then on to the Cinema, then onto the pub with free beer all night
Honest:thumb:
Geo
ps no need to mention anything just turn up

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
can someone explain what is Class 3 and class 7 MHs
thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
MOT

can you book me in for 18months time with a windsport.i drink lager and a good western film would do the trick.i think thats it for now ,thanks george regards brian:winky: oh i almost forgot,a nice steak and chips would be fine

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
err, what exactly is class 3 ??????????????????????:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
The test classes are:
  • Class I — Mopeds and motorcycles up to 199 cc
  • Class II — Motorcycles 200 cc and over
  • Class III — Tricycles and three wheeled cars
  • Class IV — Cars, motor-caravans, goods vehicles up to and including 3,000 kg gross weight, Minibuses (with no more than 12 passenger seats)
  • Class V — Private buses (with more than twelve passenger seats, not used for hire or reward work)
  • PSV test (Class VI) — Public service vehicles used for hire or reward with more than eight passenger seats (test conducted by VOSA/DVA staff, usually at their own stations).
  • Class VII — Goods vehicles (between 3,000 kg and up to including 3,500 kg in gross weight)
  • HGV test — Goods vehicles over 3,500 kg GVW and trailers over 1,020 kg unladen weight or 3,500 kg GVW if fitted with over-run brakes (test conducted by VOSA/DVA staff usually at their own stations, or at VOSA approved designated premises).

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
err, what exactly is class 3 ??????????????????????:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Dunno! But make that two steak and chips, maybe a few mushies and a sunnyside up egg, brown sauce, if you throw in a tomato or two it would be nice!

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
I wish I'd seen Geo's generous offer earlier - could have taken a wheel off when we got there...

But we've just brought The Wheelèd Shed back from the MOT station a few minutes ago where it actually passed :Eeek:

And only 11 advisories :thumb:, nine of them brake-related, so nothing to worry about.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Class 3

3 wheels and under 450KG
Cant wait to see one::bigsmile:
the op meant class 4 sorry couldnt resist it:Cool:
geo

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
I will do class 3 motor homes FOR FREE inc free parking take you out for a meal and then on to the Cinema, then onto the pub with free beer all night
Geo

You'll do for me Geo....I've got a Reliant Robin M/H conversion ...So I would like to take up your offer ....See you Saturday :thumb:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
You'll do for me Geo....I've got a Reliant Robin M/H conversion ...So I would like to take up your offer ....See you Saturday :thumb:
Flippin eck hope its over 450kg:Eeek:
See you then
Appointments booked 4 am dont be late:thumb:
Geo

Mar 17, 2010
MANSFIELD
Funster No
MH
C CLASS
Exp
early 2010
Bite your lip Geo gent just down road from you with three wheeled Nippi, never seen one before today!!

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Geo

Link Removed
you never know what might turn up

buyer

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 29, 2008
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
american coach
Exp
20 plus another 12years tugging/small campers
don't worry geo, if someone turns up with there 3 wheeler weighing in at less than 450kg then it can't possibly be classed as a motor home ,it would in my oppinion be classed as a motor CRAMPER:ROFLMAO: and as such would be outside of the terms and conditions of your offer.:thumb:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
don't worry geo, if someone turns up with there 3 wheeler weighing in at less than 450kg then it can't possibly be classed as a motor home ,it would in my oppinion be classed as a motor CRAMPER:ROFLMAO: and as such would be outside of the terms and conditions of your offer.:thumb:

If they do I will count the steering wheel and fail it:RollEyes:

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Geo, not into wild camping, but if you throw in bed and breakfast in a 5 star hotel,::bigsmile::roflmto: book me in.:thumb:
It is a long way, but we can manage it

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Best offer Ive had in twenty years:ROFLMAO:
do you want a Mot as well:RollEyes: