LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
So if my van is over 5 years old and I came to you for its MOT and you asked for cam belt change evidence and I replied yes mate I did 2 months ago myself
Your reply would be ?

You will see I have gone to great pains to answer a real and deserving question:thumb:

Haggers trick question was ignored, because 1986 Cortinas dont exsist:Doh:
Even if they did I dont know of anyone who'd keep one 15 years
Geo

There you go again, it wasn't my question, it was Peters that I thought was worthy of an answer.

I suggest if you have a problem with me then you either PM me or speak to me next time we meet....

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Play nice boys
I knew the answer to my question
I just wanted it clear to all those who are following this thread
that cam belt is not part of the MOT but if it fails during testing who is to Blame

Answer!
the owner for not keeping up to maintaince
how can you blame the tester for revving up your engine

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Once again it's rip off Britain,

Here's some facts about our not fit for purpose MOT....as for mot testers protecting us from the idiots? :ROFLMAO:
That's a laugh and a half, have you seen how many are killed by shit driving and the uninsured and unlicensed in this country?

Training is a specific area where the British MOT Test falls behind our European neighbours with the Testing authorities (VOSA) offering no formal training as such, but merely providing just a two day course which, to quote their own policy is "...to calibrate skills". In other countries there are more formal and stringent arrangements to train vehicle Testing staff. In Germany, for example, Testers require a year of training.

Britain is also well behind other countries in Europe when it comes to using automated equipment and modern electronic technology. A partially computerised system has already been installed into all Testing Stations in Britain, but in terms of fully utilising the most modern equipment coupled with modern computer technology this will fall well short of systems which have been in use for some time in many other EU States, even the Republic of Ireland.

No wonder you all want us out the EU wouldn't want proper MOT testing in our country would we :Smile:

Feel free to blame the NHS though :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
I have had several MOTs done in Spain called ITVs, Start to finish 12mins.
Vehicle driven along a pit, not even jacked up wheel free,unable to check many items which we do in this country.
The TUV test in Germany requires a much more vigorous test with the removal of wheels.
Corfu i wont even go there after what a friend of mine reported back which basically was a walk round the car!
Ireland got into difficulty when they decided to nationalise testing stations and the system collapsed.
So,i think our system is not so bad, after all it is just about the minimum safety standards of vehicles.
We have had computerisation for 10 years now so nothing new there,although they are now trailing a hand held devise in a few garages so that information can be directly downloaded instead of having to go back to the data base.

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
The criteria to become an mot tester is to hold certificates such as city and guilds or other national certificates which means that you have spent many years in the trade,if you don't have these certificates then you have to sit an exam,
There is then a 4 day training course (or it was when i done mine) then refresher courses.
Before you become a fully fledged tester VOSA will test you again at your testing station,on top of this we can be subject to incognito or full visits to make sure we up to scratch.
Also we can monitored by VOSA by the VTS device
We also have to undergo monthly QC tests by designated QC controller at your testing station.
This is only a brief outline as its bed time

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
I had to put my m/home through a CT (MOT) to get it registered in France.

I watched through the observation window and could see no difference to the UK MOT!
Also I only have to have it done every two years!!! :Smile:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Just an example of the way Geo works.

We took our last van to him for a service.

We had a walk into town while he did it.

Shock horror when we came back! The rear of the van was about 3 feet off the ground and the rear axle was on the deck!!! :Eeek:

Fearing the worst we asked Geo what was wrong.

Nuffin he said, we could not get rear wheels off past the bodywork so we dropped the axle to get the wheels off to check and clean the brakes!!!!

No extra charge!!!

How many garages would have gone to that trouble!!! :thumb:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I think it's a reasonable question so let me put it another way and remove the personalisation...

If I took my van/car to the mot and the geezer said when was the belt changed on your 1986 cortina and I said, never Guv don't believe in all that crap, could I be refused an MOT?

When will it lead to the Merc with the 200000 miles without a clutch being changed. And also I've seen sales rep cars cover 150k plus before an MOT is due without a cambelt change are they now dangerous?

I think the MOT business is past it's sell by date and needs a massive overhaul :RollEyes:

It was most defiantly your question Haggers

Do you have any experience of paranoia ?feelings of low esteem?

I have neither a problem with or the desire to Pm you
or even speak with you after this little dummy throwing exercise I DONT HAVE TO ANSWER YOU IF I DONT WANT TO.:winky:
YOU CANT GO MIXING UP QUOTES AND DENYING WHAT YOU ASKED:Doh::Doh:

You do seem to post with such authority on a subjects that you have little knowledge of
Then cherry pick quotes that suite you
I answer questions as as I do my Job, without fear or favour and most importantly no opinions just facts,
Why do you take my posts as though they are all aimed at you?

Is Haggers not to be criticised or jibbed at, feel free to return the compliments when you see me posting my views on mental health care, you will be waiting a long time
Take a chill pill im sure you can get them:winky:
G

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
The criteria to become an mot tester is to hold certificates such as city and guilds or other national certificates which means that you have spent many years in the trade,if you don't have these certificates then you have to sit an exam,
There is then a 4 day training course (or it was when i done mine) then refresher courses.
Before you become a fully fledged tester VOSA will test you again at your testing station,on top of this we can be subject to incognito or full visits to make sure we up to scratch.
Also we can monitored by VOSA by the VTS device
We also have to undergo monthly QC tests by designated QC controller at your testing station.
This is only a brief outline as its bed time

I wouldnt waste any more time on this.
Haggers once again is quoting with such vigor and authority on a subject he obviously has very little knowlege of
He is on a mission, self destruct me thinks, leave him to it, too many post like these and no one will take him serious about any thing:Doh: must be the stress
G

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
:Nowink::whistle::thumb:

normal crap then Geo, not allowed an opinion, because "your" no expert,

You once again take a subject and turn it in to a personal assault. A question was asked, Us uneducated had a general knowledge for the answer, (can or will an MOT be refused due to a possible mechanical fault) a fair question but you choose to state I am not allowed an opinion on the MOT because quite simply I work in the NHS.

Admit the MOT is floored, I have never commented on your ability to carry our work on a public forum and neither shall I and we both know why that is. I have never questioned through this thread your ability to carry out an MOT. But no just like you telling the public forum that I left babies in my motorhome and went out partying ( not true BTW) you direct personal insults, as you do with any mention of deffending a swift motorhome.

The subject surrounds the MOT and it's floored.. Live in France and get it done every 2 years, live in Germany get it done by someone with a years training. Live in the UK and abide by the same rules that puts car stopping distances the same as what they were on my Imaginary 1986 cortina and get it done by John from your local Kwik Fit.

But hey don't take my word for it, just do your normal highlight the part of the post you want to pull apart ignore the rest and do so.

But anyhow, your boring me now with your constant jibes so I will leave it at that, but still just wonder what it is that made you go this way? maybe it was the fact that the chill pills you refered to me to use, arn't available up your way anymore. :Smile:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
:Nowink::whistle::thumb:

normal crap then Geo, not allowed an opinion, because "your" no expert,

You once again take a subject and turn it in to a personal assault. A question was asked, Us uneducated had a general knowledge for the answer, (can or will an MOT be refused due to a possible mechanical fault) a fair question but you choose to state I am not allowed an opinion on the MOT because quite simply I work in the NHS.

Admit the MOT is floored, I have never commented on your ability to carry our work on a public forum and neither shall I and we both know why that is. I have never questioned through this thread your ability to carry out an MOT. But no just like you telling the public forum that I left babies in my motorhome and went out partying ( not true BTW) you direct personal insults, as you do with any mention of deffending a swift motorhome.

The subject surrounds the MOT and it's floored.. Live in France and get it done every 2 years, live in Germany get it done by someone with a years training. Live in the UK and abide by the same rules that puts car stopping distances the same as what they were on my Imaginary 1986 cortina and get it done by John from your local Kwik Fit.

But hey don't take my word for it, just do your normal highlight the part of the post you want to pull apart ignore the rest and do so.

But anyhow, your boring me now with your constant jibes so I will leave it at that, but still just wonder what it is that made you go this way? maybe it was the fact that the chill pills you refered to me to use, arn't available up your way anymore. :Smile:

You cant help yourself can you:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back