MOT Help please! (1 Viewer)

Terry5751

Free Member
Dec 10, 2009
Funster No
HI,
I've got a converted Iveco 7.5 ton motorhome but am having a few problems getting it MOT'd.
It's classed as a Motor caravan on the log boog, 7.5 ton PLG. The old MOT states it as a Class IV required.

Does anyone know where I can take it around the Bedford area or do I have to go to a VOSA Test Station?

Any advise gratefully received.

Thanks
Steve

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
as its a class 4 you can take it anywhere they can get it through the doors and lift it, which is where the problem arises :Sad:
not many class 4 stations will have a lift capable of lifting 7.5t so you will need a commercial vehicle garage.

the advantage with a VOSA testing station is they have no vested interest in failing for the sake of gaining the repair work, unlike some regular garages, so there will be no pressure to have any work done....it either passes or fails :thumb:

Upvote 0

Ash

Trader - Service & Repairs
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2007
Chapel st Leonard's. Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
mot

HI,
I've got a converted Iveco 7.5 ton motorhome but am having a few problems getting it MOT'd.
It's classed as a Motor caravan on the log boog, 7.5 ton PLG. The old MOT states it as a Class IV required.

Does anyone know where I can take it around the Bedford area or do I have to go to a VOSA Test Station?

Any advise gratefully received.

Thanks
Steve

Try my mate is names Steve Horn [URL="http://www.the-sas.com

ASH :thumb::thumb:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries