Mot GP. how are you watching it this year? (1 Viewer)

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
I am going to watch it on BT Sport and immediately after the races post spoilers on here(y)

The way things are going they'll have disqualified the winner before your ink is dry ;)

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
BTSport..... every wheel turn of every event , with top class comms and decent presenters.

I do wonder why folk either a) moan about second rate highlights the day after the race or b) moan that the full HD saturation coverage that they want does come for free.

I have done a bit of TV stuff for Freecaster, and the amount of work and kit that goes into a broadcast is mindblowing, and that was a low budget affair .

Moto GP is a product, the races aren't free to get in , so why should it be free to watch ?

I have got to the point now where I don't watch WSB or BSB because I simply don't have the time, MotoGP , MXGP, AMA SX and WEC is as much as I can manage.

Funny though, I have no desire to attend a MotoGP race any more.

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Funny though, I have no desire to attend a MotoGP race any more.

That doesn't surprise me at all. By the time they've added all the run-offs and kitty litter the poor fans are 1/4 mile away from the track peering through binoculars and there's usually catch fencing in the way too. You also need to allow an extra day for getting in/out!

I'll probably attend some Thundersports (12-15 races per day) loads of action, tracks you can get near, and sensible entry money (y) :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 9, 2017
Luton
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
On Amazon Firestick- I should say that I have a BT sport subscription but never seem to be at home when it is on.

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
I know it's costing me an arm and a leg watching through BT (it's the only reason I am with them). But have to say BT coverage is top notch and if we are away I can record all three classes to watch later.

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
Did I read somewhere that BT are running MotoGP in 4K this year?

Not that I have a 4K tv, but anyway...

The current HD slow-mos at 2500 frames per second blow me away! You can see the bike plastics flexing, the tyre degradation, etc, it's amazing and that's just in 'normal' HD :eek:

OP
OP
955matt

955matt

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
bexhill on sea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
The BT coverage is stunning but not for £27 a month , I got sky to watch it in the first place , then it moved to BT and they charged £15 a month which has slowly gone up.

Now motogp if you are in the UK want 209 euros or 140 if you live anywhere else !!!!!!!!!!!!

Want a con.....

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
I watch it in my mate's pub on the seafront, while enjoying a couple of cold 'uns :)

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Ours is part of our Virgin package, so its less than that, but we pay about £120 a month for everything , TV, Broadband, phones multiroom and Tivo's. Its not cheap, but I guess its priorities.

My mate bleats about not having BT , but he has a watch that cost more than my wife's car . Bizzarre.

Apart from true PPV stuff, if its on , I can watch it. I'm not interested in streaming internet, whats the point of watching on a big TV when its as grainy as hell.

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
I watch it in my mate's pub on the seafront, while enjoying a couple of cold 'uns :)

Haha.. we found a place in Ibiza a few years ago, had been drinking there through the day most days, and asked him if he was having MotoGP on , which he said was no problem, so 8 of rock up for breakfast, and stay and watch the whole lot, plenty of beers, and then just as the main race comes on, there is a shift change, and the new guy puts the football on for 1 Leeds fan who rocked up 5 mins before kick off on his own and bought a coke... we pointed out the fact that we had been there for 3 hours, and said if he didn't change it back, we would leave without paying , and he could explain why.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Now motogp if you are in the UK want 209 euros or 140 if you live anywhere else !!!!!!!!!!!!

Want a con.....

There is subtle twist in this. They do sell two packages, ordinary and multiscreen. I think they offer only multiscreen in the UK.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We still enjoy going to Motogp races nothing like the atmosphere especially in Spain and Italy. Yes you can see more on the tv but that could be said about any live sporting event and missing the point of live sport.:doh:

Been to 9 different circuits so far hoping to do a few more before we pack in.:)

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
We do the MXGP's that we can get to, but because you are close to the action, and you can get anywhere it ups the value of going.

Currently looking at Qatar flights.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Been to 9 different circuits so far hoping to do a few more before we pack in.:)

Only: Le Mans, Monza, Mugello, Jerez, Valencia, Rimini, Donnington, Silverstone here. But three of those were not for MotoGP races.

I do fancy Rimini in Sept, for the area as much as the racing.

Jan 9, 2017
Luton
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
I was hoping to go to Assen this year, but it clashes with Le Mans (which I am already booked for) I was also hoping to go to Spa for the F1, but that clashes with my holiday (in Spain)

Might give the WEC at Silverstone a go though, I think that will be the only time I will be able to afford to go to Silverstone :LOL:

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Watch on BT. Apart from the journo commentator who annoys me I think the coverage is excellent.
Stayed at Camping Rifort in Estartit and rode down to the Catalunya MotoGP. Left the site at about 8.00am, got to the track about 9.30am, watched the morning practices, all three races then back to the campsite for about 4.00pm to chill.
Wouldn't go especially to watch a MotoGP but would go if in the area.

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Our first ever bike trip abroad was to the bike 24 hours at Le Mans. The racing was soooooo boring. Trip excellent.

Ours was the Bol D'or at Paul Ricard, 1990, Did Le Mans in 1991 and the Bol again in 1992, which i worked . That was a bloody long weekend.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back