Mot GP. how are you watching it this year? (1 Viewer)

955matt

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
bexhill on sea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
I have been watching it on BT sport but have got fed up paying £270 for the privilege.

Would like to see more than just the highlights on channel 4 , and dont want BT as they are a rip off.

How are you watching it ?

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Three of us share the cost and subscribe to motogp.com 140 euro I think for a year.
Get masses of information and videos plus deals on kit.
Before I'd give BT a penny I'd stop watching

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Do you mean ITV4 or has it changed?
ITV4 show virtually the while race they may miss one or two laps on some of the longer ones but coverage overall is good. No good if you want Moto 1 or 2 only show a couple of laps.

OP
OP
955matt

955matt

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
bexhill on sea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Sorry Lenny yes ITV 4, might have a look at motogp .com much cheaper than £270 for the year!!!!!

Lenny did you get a new Hymer in the end? you were buying it at the Dusseldorf show i think .

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Sorry Lenny yes ITV 4, might have a look at motogp .com much cheaper than £270 for the year!!!!!

Lenny did you get a new Hymer in the end? you were buying it at the Dusseldorf show i think .
Yep B678DL due early March, Düsseldorf Bl**dy expensive show, been 3 times bought a new van each time. Boss has now put a ban on going.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp

motogp.com is a brilliant way to watch it especially if you can share the cost been doing it 3 years now can even watch when we're travelling with a decent wifi connection. If not everything is saved on there to watch later and you can set it to No Spoiler as well.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I have been watching it on BT sport but have got fed up paying £270 for the privilege.

Would like to see more than just the highlights on channel 4 , and dont want BT as they are a rip off.

How are you watching it ?

I've already got my usual subscription direct from MotoGP. Not only live racing but all their archive of races and interviews and of course you can watch it any time if you make it live.

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
I've already got my usual subscription direct from MotoGP. Not only live racing but all their archive of races and interviews and of course you can watch it any time if you make it live.

Totally agree,if you are a real nerd like me Dylan Grey gives loads of technical information and as Brian says you can watch anytime,how many times you want,plus press conferences and all practice.
I hate to miss it live but if I ever do always have the comfort of knowing I can still see it.
Last year was €99 and of course being internet can watch here in France or when in Portugal via an HDMI lead to the tv.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I see it's being said that Triumph will be taking up the mantle of engine suppliers for Moto 2 in the next year or two :cautious:

Wow. Excellent.

A slightly "lazy" 750 sounds great, plenty of power and torque without too many revs and it distances the class from production racing. What a jump from 250 single to 750 tripple. Maybe 250s will move up a bit, plenty of 300 twins around.

The Honda motor has been staggering good, hardly a glitch in all those years. So let's hope Triumph continue the good work, I don't recall anything seriously wrong in all their years racing production class.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Last year was €99 and of course being internet can watch here in France or when in Portugal via an HDMI lead to the tv.

Just paid that and as you, watched all over Europe wherever we could get broadband.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Totally agree,if you are a real nerd like me Dylan Grey gives loads of technical information and as Brian says you can watch anytime,how many times you want,plus press conferences and all practice.
I hate to miss it live but if I ever do always have the comfort of knowing I can still see it.

Never been into the nerdy or technical side of the racing but have to say have recently taken an interest as Dylan Grey has a nice easy way of presenting it.
Have to check the price I was sure it was e140.:unsure:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Now £180 due to the poor £

Rip off. Just paid about £100.

I'll tell how this happened.....

We were abroad and I had not renewed, it was early on. I happened to go into MotoGP or maybe they emailed me and up pops €100 or so, I could not believe it compared to UK prices. So I took a punt convinced it would not work. It did across Europe and it did back in the UK. This year up pops a renewal notice, in the UK, in Euros, much lower than UK price so I sign up and it works again.

So, this calls for some VPN from a European site and screw the b******ds.

Or maybe a friend over there, sign in as you with UK name, look at price.

awg

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 9, 2013
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
WIldax Altair RS
Exp
Since 2015
I also use a VPN to pay for the motogp.com coverage. I found (hardly surprising) that exiting the VPN from Spain gave the cheapest price. One of the free (slow) VPN services is fine to sign up and pay. Once signed up you can watch from any connection and don't need the VPN again. I think I paid 90Euros for my renewal at the end of last season.

Allan

Stewart

Free Member
Nov 10, 2016
England
Funster No
MH
Devon Monte Carlo van con
Exp
many years
I have a slightly different solution. I am going to be a motogp groupy and go to all the european rounds in my camper. I am already in Spain awaiting the first spanish race at Jerez on may 7th. It may be just a tad more expensive than a subscription.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I have a slightly different solution. I am going to be a motogp groupy and go to all the european rounds in my camper. I am already in Spain awaiting the first spanish race at Jerez on may 7th. It may be just a tad more expensive than a subscription.

Well two FUNsters may bump into you, Italy and Catalunya, they are going by bike.

Love Jerez, great circuit great area. But year before last was a disaster in MH, did two, sleep zero, just ruined it for us and I have said many times "if you want to see the action see it on TV". I still get the urge to go though. Forestboy had the answer, bike on MH, so camp somewhere civilised and bike in. Even then he only just got a bit of grass in Mugello by setting off at dawn.

It's going to be a good year, melting pot has been well stirred we're sure to get some serious races.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
That's absolutely outrageous :devil:.
I have no intention of paying for/watching MotoGP but curiosity got the better of me.

As mentioned above go to MotoGP.com and the subscription is 210 Euro but if I switch on Hola as from Spain, the price drops to 140 Euro
That's nothing to do with exchange rates, Brexit or even cost of delivery - it is MotoGP.com ripping off it's UK subscribers!!! :devil:

Pretend you're from the USA and it's - yes, 140 Euro
France, Germany - 140 Euro...

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
I watched it l last year for free (6months) and then £5 a month on my phone through the EE BT Sport offer. It's surprising how good it is to watch on a phone (iPhone 5s)
I'd initially dismissed the idea of watching on my phone but providing you have decent screen it's quite good. It's portable too.
If your rich enough to have a tablet that takes a sim you can watch it on there.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I'll have a look at Hola and see how that works
That's what I used to check pricing.
Be aware though, that the "Free" version of Hola shares some of your bandwidth with others to transmit data on their vpn.
Shouldn't be a problem short term for something like signup but I'd be wary using it longterm.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I am going to watch it on BT Sport and immediately after the races post spoilers on here(y)

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
I get BT sports as part of my Virgin package.

Same here.

When they moved from Eurosport to BT I thought it was the worst thing in the world ever. But credit where due, it's just got better and better and better.

I love the BTS team lineup and watch as much live as I can, especially the Moto3 and Moto2 races, even on the last corner of the last lap you still don't know who's going to win, mad as a box of frogs :LOL:

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
John also uses his EE BT sport to watch, but on his tablet. Will probably be at Alcaniz in Spain again this year. Tip do not go to the track on your bike if you are camping, at the end of the races all roads lead away from the track, road back to campsite is blocked off. Had an interesting time before we eventually got back to our van. Trying to follow young Spaniards was certainly an experience.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back