Mot from Bus to Motorhome

Discussion in 'Self-Build Motorhomes' started by Diggerdave, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Diggerdave

Diggerdave Read Only Funster

Hi All,
    My Iveco 40c Iris Bus which I have converted to a motorhome, it has an MOT as an Iris Bus class IV , I took it to my local MOT station with instructions to MOT it as a Motorhome, when I received the certificate it still says Iris Bus, is this correct or should it say something like Iveco 40c Motorhome ? as I understand I should take the new MOT with photos. to my local vehicle licensing office to have the category changed to Motorhome, will this MOT do the job.
    Help please.
    Regards, Dave..............

2. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi as Jim says provided your van meets the criteria all you need do is send in the V5 with change to MOTOR CARAVAN or take it to your local office if you want.Send photos showing front and rear of van with numberplate's :Wink: a side view and internal view.This may then result in a straight forward change for you :thumb:At the very worst it /they may require you to visit your local VOSA for a inspection.
    terry
    BTW welcome !

4. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

Very useful. I must say I can't see why anyone would fit a microwave that couldn't be used (no power source) though. It's an expensive cupboard:Laughing:

5. Diggerdave

Diggerdave Read Only Funster

Thanks to everyone who came back to me so quickly, I have re-checked my new MOT and it does say class IV. The only thing I can think of that DVLA could get me on is, I have a table that just sits between the two beds/bench seats and is not permanently fixed, other than that, it is obviously a Motorhome.
    Thanks once again for all your help!!
    Regards, Dave..............
    :thumb:

6. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

DVLA now insist that a home conversion must resemble a motorhome on the outside as well.

no good sticking all the correct gubbins inside if it still looks like a windowless transit van on the outside.