Feb 12, 2012
N.E. Wales
Funster No
MH
Iveco Self Build
Exp
10yrs
Hi All,
My Iveco 40c Iris Bus which I have converted to a motorhome, it has an MOT as an Iris Bus class IV , I took it to my local MOT station with instructions to MOT it as a Motorhome, when I received the certificate it still says Iris Bus, is this correct or should it say something like Iveco 40c Motorhome ? as I understand I should take the new MOT with photos. to my local vehicle licensing office to have the category changed to Motorhome, will this MOT do the job.
Help please.
Regards, Dave..............

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi as Jim says provided your van meets the criteria all you need do is send in the V5 with change to MOTOR CARAVAN or take it to your local office if you want.Send photos showing front and rear of van with numberplate's :winky: a side view and internal view.This may then result in a straight forward change for you :thumb:At the very worst it /they may require you to visit your local VOSA for a inspection.
terry
BTW welcome !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
OP
OP
D

Diggerdave

Free Member
Feb 12, 2012
N.E. Wales
Funster No
MH
Iveco Self Build
Exp
10yrs
Thanks to everyone who came back to me so quickly, I have re-checked my new MOT and it does say class IV. The only thing I can think of that DVLA could get me on is, I have a table that just sits between the two beds/bench seats and is not permanently fixed, other than that, it is obviously a Motorhome.
Thanks once again for all your help!!
Regards, Dave..............
:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
DVLA now insist that a home conversion must resemble a motorhome on the outside as well.

no good sticking all the correct gubbins inside if it still looks like a windowless transit van on the outside.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back