Mot For 2yr Old Tracker? (1 Viewer)

Jan 27, 2014
Herts
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 560L
Exp
Since 2014, changed our MH 4 years ago
I've just had a shock as my vehicle tax reminder has arrived today saying I need an MOT for my Tracker FB registered on 3 June 2013 when it needs taxing from 30 June 2015. It is rated at 3650KG. Will I need to pay for an HGV MOT for the vehicle? It was just serviced last week at a reputable motorhome supplier where we bought it secondhand and I was cross that they hadn't done the MOT, but they say it should not need one. Any other Tracker owners out there that can advise me please?

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Can't see why it needs an MOT this year. Would have thought it would be next June when it is 3 years old.

It won't need an HGV MOT, just a Class 4 MOT. Biggest problem is finding somewhere that can fit in a motorhome.

Joe

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Do you have the V5 / logbook.. The registration date will be on there and it will be 3 years from then.
As said it is only a class 4 MOT same as car..

Either you are reading it all wrong or something is amiss with the registration..
Does it say MOT (if appropriate), I recall some such wording being used on road tax reminders.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I would read your tax reminder again very carefully. Usually the wording is
THIS VEHICLE NEEDS A TEST CERTIFICATE WHEN IT IS THREE YEARS OLD
or similar

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
I've just had a shock as my vehicle tax reminder has arrived today saying I need an MOT for my Tracker FB registered on 3 June 2013 when it needs taxing from 30 June 2015. It is rated at 3650KG. Will I need to pay for an HGV MOT for the vehicle? It was just serviced last week at a reputable motorhome supplier where we bought it secondhand and I was cross that they hadn't done the MOT, but they say it should not need one. Any other Tracker owners out there that can advise me please?

Vehicle should be registered as Motor Caravan (D5) in V5
And under should say PHGV
What does it say on V5?
All Motorhomes are Class 4 and should not require MOT until 3 years old.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
cb_stalbans
Jan 27, 2014
Herts
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 560L
Exp
Thanks everyone. In the end I went to the DVLA website to actually see what happened when I tried to pay for the tax. A message came up asking me to agree the vehicle was 'exempt' from the goods vehicle test certificate so I agreed and paid for the tax. I'm hoping this means everything is OK now. The actual wording on the reminder THAT ALARMED ME was THIS VEHICLE NEEDS A GOODS VEHICLE TEST CERTIFICATE

I looked on my V5 certificate and it says
Make FIAT
Type ATF
Model AUTOTRAIL TRACKER FB
Body TYpe MOTOR CARAVAN
taxation class HGV

OP
OP
cb_stalbans
Jan 27, 2014
Herts
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 560L
Exp
thanks for this advice I shall look on the DVLA website to find out how.

OP
OP
cb_stalbans
Jan 27, 2014
Herts
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 560L
Exp
Forgot to say thanks to everyone who advised me what to do. I waited until I got back from a trip to France and sent off my registration document with a letter from Autotrail and got a new document correctly showing Private HGV. DVLA responded quickly so I was only without a document for about a week.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back