MOT Failure?

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by olley, Sep 13, 2009.

1. olley

olley Funster

Hi brothers just been telling me about a Dino kit car they MOT'ed and failed because it didn't have a windscreen. Him and the other two testers had a chat and didn't know what to do as no windscreen isn't listed as a critera to fail an MOT on, so they phoned VOSA, who told them to fail it, but my brother then said "but under what critera?", you can't just fail a vehicle, you have to select from the list on the computor, and not having a windscreen isn't on there.

But you have to do what VOSA says, so they failed because the windscreen wipers didn't work. :Rofl1:

Olley

2. 6pm Cowboy

6pm Cowboy Read Only Funster

I dont know if your being serious or not..... but thats bloody funny.:Rofl1:

3. teensvan

teensvan Read Only Funster

Hi. A kit car or any other car does not need wipers if no windscreen is fitted. I had an old landrover with no windscreen or wipers and it used to pass.

steve & ann --- teensvan

4. slickmouse

slickmouse Read Only Funster

If its true tell him to take wipers off and put aero screens on, oh yes wear goggles

5. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

the only 'Dino' i can find is a Farrari Dino replica and it sure has a windscreen....

[​IMG]

6. pappajohn

i would have thought, unless its just been built and this is its initial roadworthyness test, it should have single vehicle approval from VOSA meaning its been approved for what it is......without a screen.

7. buyer

buyer Funster - Life Member Life Member

mot

hi all.I find it a little odd that anyone would take a car that is designed to have a screen fitted, for an mot without it being fitted.but as a tester myself i would not fail it just because it does not have one fitted,because if your wipers or washers don't work you can remove them along with the screen and hay-presto you can't fail it :Rofl1:

8. olley

olley Funster

Hi SVA and MOT are different tests, because you pass one doesn't mean you pass the other. That picture you put up papa is the one I think, VOSA said if it was an open top it didn't need a screen, but as it was a saloon it did.

Olley

9. pappajohn

:thumb: