LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Another update :Doh: ring things are fine :thumb: no need for discs to come off - very easy to get to and see once the wheels were off :thumb: Did both fronts :thumb:Went to main dealers again this morning for the front left sensor, he gave me the ring :Doh: when I said I don't need ring but the sensor I asked for he did not know which sensor is fitted to my van :Doh::Eeek: so another wasted journey :Angry:After me sounding off again :ROFLMAO: at least they have agreed if I pay on CC for parts they will deliver to my house within 24 hrs so not a complete waste of time :winky: and I don't have to spend 40 mins there and 40 mins back plus fuel :Eeek:
Only problem now is the sensors they have (but do not know which fits my van) range from 80 quid to 350 quid each :Eeek:Awaiting a call from there tech guy who will know what they fitted to my van - hopefully :Doh:Apparently they did not fit ABS as standard on my yr van so it was classed as a aftermarket main dealer fit for the ambulance service :Doh::cry:
Anyway I have now given up on Iveco and I am taking it to the leccy guy on Tuesday for him to fix :thumb:He promises to get to the bottom of it :thumb: but has also said it could be anything from a broken wire to a £800 ECU :Eeek: again he will not fit anything until he gets the OK from me :roflmto:All the garages around here send the cars for him to fix when they cannot do it themselves hence the 3 week waiting list :Smile:
I have even asked about simply disconnecting the ABS but this involves having to take everything off the van to do with the ABS and involves all new brake pipes etc, so even that is not a straight forward fix :ROFLMAO:But it may well get done before I pay any 800 quid for a ECU :Eeek::ROFLMAO:
I have my mate Paul coming on Saturday to check out some of the wiring just to eliminate that but again he knows nothing about ABS systems :ROFLMAO: I know a lot more to-day about them (ring things for one )but still know nothing other than it is looking to be expensive :ROFLMAO::winky:
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Yet another update :thumb: ALL is well :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
After yet another visit to the auto leccy he checked every thing and got it narrowed down to the left rear wheel ring gear or sensor :thumb: but he could not get to it :cry::Doh:
This meant removing the twin wheels and half shaft to get to the disc /drum brakes to get to the sensor-sounds nice and easy :thumb::ROFLMAO: My drums combined with the discs are held on with a 75 mm hub nut :Eeek: Every body says they are 65 mm (even the iveco dealer) but not mine:ROFLMAO:Has anybody got one :ROFLMAO:after searching all the local garages etc for a full day no one has got one and the only place I know that has one has gone bust :Eeek:Tried hire shops,you name it and they all said the same -that's big-:Doh:Ended up with a mate making me one :thumb: not ideal as it needed a 6 ft scaffold bar on it to get it off :Eeek:(and being mild steel kept streching ,so had to keep bending it back in shap with the vice- nightmare) Any way when we got it off it turns out to be the holding clip that holds the sensor in place (about a couple of quid) and lucky for me not the £200 :Eeek: sensor :Eeek:
Can not get the clip until after the bank hols so held it in place with a tie wrap :ROFLMAO: lo and behold it works :thumb: So come Tuesday (after bank hols) she passes her MOT :thumb: Then I can get the clip and do the job right :thumb:
The dealer are adamant that all Ivecos have 65 mm hub nuts so while I am getting the clip I am also buying a couple of hub nuts and with a bit of luck changing them from 75mm to 65 mm ones that I can get a proper socket to fit :thumb:-3 of the garages had 65 mm sockets to fit trannys so if and when next time all will be well :ROFLMAO::winky:
terry
Ps I remember JJ saying they were 65 mm and at the time I said I was sure mine were 73 or 75 mm heehee

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back