Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Hi

Rapido (Ducato X250) is due MOT before the end of April. Done a thorough job on the brakes, especially the handbrake, now set up as per the "book", cleaned, deglazed, lubricated etc: over the last few days. I will check no bulbs not working, Fitted new wiper blades and plenty of washer water, etc. Recent new tyres, SO anything I have missed out on? Any Must checks?.

Pete

Bacchus

Free Member
Jul 27, 2015
Staines
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer
Exp
since 2011
Any Must checks?.

don't worry your tester will point them all out:)

I thought this was rather the point of the test...:cautious:

We maintain vehicles with regard to bulbs, brakes, tyres and the obvious, but few of us are unlikely to get them onto an inspection ramp or a rolling road, we have professionals for that!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
Have you remembered to booked the MOT??

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Mine had its first MOT a couple of weeks ago, two months early as we will be away when it is due.

Apart from checking the lights I didn't do anything else as I thought it would be a formality.

I was wrong, although it passed it only just did on the handbrake.

The tester said this was very common on autos as the handbrake is puny at best and is rarely used except when the vehicle is already stationary. Both Fiats and Mercs suffer from it he said. He advised applying the handbrake occasionally while moving to clear off any glazing.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Called yesterday to book an mot. They were able to take it within the hour ... I'd checked nothing but took the appointment..
Fortunately it passed...
The days of trying to prepare it for mot are long gone ... They usually found something I'd missed...
These days I just do the regular maintenance..During summer if possible and necessary repairs as required....
If there is something obvious ill sort it before booking otherwise I just put it in and let them tell me if anything is required...
Off to put her summer shoes on now and store the winter tyres till next year... Hope I'm not tempting fate lol..
Andy

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Thank you for the tip (y) However, it was my car car that failed the number plate bulb then the wifes car and very recently the three year old motorhome i sold:rolleyes: All vehichles went to different MOT garages :ROFLMAO:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Oh! And a biscuit for his Guide Dog ( Not Aldi)

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
There's black smoke coming from our exhaust Will that fail?

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
A few years ago had my car tested at a Local Authority centre - it received both a fail and a pass certificate.

The fail was because there was a sat-nav cradle attached to the bottom corner of the windscreen. The tester removed the cradle and then issued a 'pass'.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Lights and levels then mot. I used to spend a lot of time effort and money trying to out think the tester but gave up and now just rectify anything he finds and fails.

OP
OP
PeteH

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I will look into the Washer Aim, overlooked that, the Horn worked last time out, when the D-H stepped off the pavement in front of us!. Number plate lights are good. Emission`s I can do nothing about.

BTW. the only time I got a fail in the US, was when the bulb in a No plate light failed. charged me 90dollars!.

Loads of doggy treats in the van. and Ginger Nuts.!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
There's black smoke coming from our exhaust Will that fail?
Possibly. You can either just put it in for the test and see what they say or get a garage to check it out first, which might be the wisest approach but possibly a more expensive one.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back